Whis Equipment tooltips alternate version

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Whismerhill
x3ap

Whis Equipment tooltips alternate version

Post by Whismerhill » Wed, 11. Jan 23, 11:43

Compatibility

X4 5.1 HF3 (479084) - 2022-06-13
DLC - Split Vendetta
DLC - Terran Cradle of Humanity
DLC - Tides of Avarice
DLC - Future Boron DLC should be compatible

* * * V1.01 is available on NEXUS - Whis Equipment tooltips alternate version and unavailable on the STEAM Workshop due to dependencies * * *

Prologue
My first X4 game, I went to split territory, looked at engines and thought : "hey that split travel engine MK3 looks sweet let's use it on my scout.."
and then : "ho I can't catchup on ships anymore"
why was that ? the reason : Travel Engine Attack Time of 45 seconds + charge time ....
which meant that acceleration to top speed was so slow, target ships had the time to change sector before I could even accelerate to catch up to them

Then I contacted Mycu which gave me his blessing to start my own fork of his mod.
you can find his mod here :Mycu version

Description
Adds tooltips to ship configuration equipment slots with relevant statistics.
Compared to MyCu version, this adds a little more data at the expense of engine mods compatibility.

Tooltips show statistics for:
  • engines (adds Travel engine, charge, attack & release times)
  • thrusters
  • shields
  • weapons
  • turrets
What is Travel Engine Charge Time : "The time it takes for the travel engine to charge before your ship actually starts getting into travel mode, it's a transition time."
What is Travel Engine Attack Time : "The time it takes for any ship with that engine to accelerate to maximum travel engine speed"
What is Travel Engine Release Time : "The time it takes for any ship with that engine to decelerate from maximum travel engine speed to normal speed"

Hovering equipment item will also show comparison percentage difference with selected one.

Changelog
v1.01
  • Fix: fixed content.xml
  • I may or may not update this thread in the future, so it might be best to register on the nexus and track my mod for updates. your choice though
Installation
Requires kuertee's UI Extensions and HUD.
Requires SirNukes Mod Support APIs.
Unzip & Drop the "mycu_equipment_tooltips" folder into your "X4 main game" X4 extension folder, this being...
notes : Do not unzip in a new folder.
  • ..Steam\SteamApps\common\X4 Foundations\extensions\mycu_equipment_tooltips
Caveats
This mod should be compatible with everything but will not show (or show the wrong) values for modded engines (through game extensions/mods )
note that this only concerns Travel Engine Charge, Attack & Release times. rest of data is pulled from game data directly.
two cases :
  • new engines => additional data not shown
  • changed vanilla engines => wrong data
Note that in both cases it's possible to make patches for mods in questions (not saying I'll do it, just it's possible)

Why these problems with "compatibility" ?
Blame Egosoft, the function GetLibraryEntry() that is used for the encyclopedia to pull data does not pull ALL of the data, which means we as modders have no access to that missing data. Hence this mod relies on an internal copy table of that missing information to complete the picture.

Feedback
Please provide Feedback to the nexus directly, while I may answer here, I find the nexus just much easier to follow through.
This forum has made its time IMHO.

Download Link
/----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
|>>>>>NEXUS - Whis Equipment tooltips alternate version<<<<<|
\----------------------------------------------------------------------------/
All the requirements download are shown within the nexusmods website.
Requires kuertee's UI Extensions and HUD https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552
Requires SirNukes Mod Support APIs https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/503

Thanks to Egosoft for developping this game and making tools available, thanks to the modding community for all the help & support mods
Thanks to the egosoft discord community too for answering players questions & modding questions.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”