Need help modifying weapons

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Xenrus
xr

Need help modifying weapons

Post by Xenrus » Fri, 13. Jan 23, 17:45

Hi everyone. Need help with weapon modifications. I want to take a gun from one mod and add a bullet class to it from another. I read all the instructions, transferred everything from the assets, registered it in the index ... does not work. It's like I'm writing a non-existent class. Although all classes of bullets from the game and add-ons work great. What can be wrong?

Dr Reed
x4

Re: Need help modifying weapons

Post by Dr Reed » Fri, 13. Jan 23, 20:31

To trouble shoot what is happening it might be worth trying this.

Clone a vanilla gun/turret and it's bullet and give it a new name, then see if it is appearing in the game and if it is working.
After all is well you can then adjust this weapon with the new assets from the two mods. First replacing the gun and checking if it is working then add the new bullet.

Hope this helps.

Xenrus
xr

Post by Xenrus » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 19:21

I tried to take the same gun, but with a different name. It didn't appear in the game. What am I doing wrong?

aza502
x4

Post by aza502 » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 09:53

hi xenrus, are you able to share the file? it's hard to say whats wrong without looking at the code :)

Xenrus
xr

Post by Xenrus » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 22:40

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/QQd5rwfjt8-6Bw
Here is a link to the archive.
I want to add the bullet_arx_s_laser_macro bullet class to the weapon_tarani_gat_mk1_macro gun.

aza502
x4

Post by aza502 » Wed, 18. Jan 23, 13:32

Xenrus wrote:
Mon, 16. Jan 23, 22:40
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/QQd5rwfjt8-6Bw
Here is a link to the archive.
I want to add the bullet_arx_s_laser_macro bullet class to the weapon_tarani_gat_mk1_macro gun.
please add me on steam my name is "sir snuffles" im in the proccess of changing it but might be easier to contact you through steam

im assuming you're trying to copy weapon effects from the star wars mod into this mod to change the bullet effect for the gun? i would appreciate if you told me exactly what you're trying to do because it would seem you've copy pasted another mods files but you've missed certain parts such as the more of the custom effects that the mod uses

Xenrus
xr

Post by Xenrus » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 19:55

Yes that's right. In general, the goal is to replace the effects of weapons, turret models and ships in the Ancients mod with analogues from StarWars. Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to know, what I missed when transferring or what else needs to be transferred.

aza502
x4

Post by aza502 » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 19:51

Xenrus wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 19:55
Yes that's right. In general, the goal is to replace the effects of weapons, turret models and ships in the Ancients mod with analogues from StarWars. Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to know, what I missed when transferring or what else needs to be transferred.
i had a look at it and i will admit i gave up after a while haha.

the star wars mods use their own custom effects, best advise i can give you is look at everything that the macro/compenents use and copy and paste that also into your mod file. if you look in the libraries folder you'll see they have custom effects.xml file also

i struggle quite a bit trying to backward use other peoples mods since they know how it all works. thats why i prefer making stuff from the ground up. also the star wars mod team may not appreicate people using their stuff ;)

Xenrus
xr

Post by Xenrus » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 20:24

In any case, thanks for the help. The Star Wars team can rest easy) I just wanted to figure out how it all works...

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 00:38

aza502 to Xenrus wrote:
Fri, 27. Jan 23, 20:24
…the star wars mods use their own custom effects, best advise i can give you is look at everything that the macro/compenents use and copy and paste that also into your mod file....
Hi, I am also adding turrets and am having the same confusion as you...
Do the suggestions cited above solve the problem? Does it work for you?

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 11:48

i have a rahter small question regfading weapon edit

wich values stand for DMG,fire rate, and turn rate , and head value while shooting ?

i cant figure that out

lukestier
x4

Post by lukestier » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 12:23

Halpog wrote:
Thu, 9. Feb 23, 11:48

wich values stand for DMG,fire rate, and turn rate , and head value while shooting ?

i cant figure that out
damage value is damage of each bullet
reload rate is literal fire rate, reload time is pause between bursts, if you have a burst weapon. ammunition reload is the actual reload.
the rotation is in the props macro file under assets/props/weaponsystem/whichevertype/macros and there are different values for rotation max speed and acceleration.
not sure what you mean with the last one?
if you mean how far you need to aim ahead, thats just bullet speed.
if you mean heat, heat value is the heat generated by each bullet. in the props file there are more settings for when it overheats (which is always 10000) how fast it cools, the delay after shooting before cooling starts.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 14:49

lukestier wrote:
Fri, 10. Feb 23, 12:23
Halpog wrote:
Thu, 9. Feb 23, 11:48

i cant figure that out
damage value is damage of each bullet
reload rate is literal fire rate, reload time is pause between bursts, if you have a burst weapon. ammunition reload is the actual reload.
the rotation is in the props macro file under assets/props/weaponsystem/whichevertype/macros and there are different values for rotation max speed and acceleration.
not sure what you mean with the last one?
if you mean how far you need to aim ahead, thats just bullet speed.
if you mean heat, heat value is the heat generated by each bullet. in the props file there are more settings for when it overheats (which is always 10000) how fast it cools, the delay after shooting before cooling starts.
oki thnx for the infos

XOSPECTRE

Post by XOSPECTRE » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 07:30

Can be bullet resized in xml or its done whith texture files in data folder and cannot be changed ? I made astrid beam as main weapon for destroyer but need enlarge the effect

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”