[question] t file index for mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Xkuka
x4

[question] t file index for mods

Post by Xkuka » Wed, 22. Mar 23, 04:05

Hi there,

i am working on something that makes new entries in the t files, and i would like to know if there is a list of which ID spaces have been taken by other mods.
Maybe i am just too blind to find it. I remember there was such a thing for X3 but havent seen it for X4 and i am just starting to learn all the things^^

Thanks for the help.
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Reisser
x4

Re: [question] t file index for mods

Post by Reisser » Wed, 22. Mar 23, 08:08

I've never seen anything like it. But since you only need one free number for the ID - and it can be quite long - there are so many free areas that you have to be really unlucky (or just stupid - if you use an existing mod as a template) for it There are overlaps :D

In X3 that wasn't the problem, there it was more the ware-sID that caused the problems. There is no such thing in X4 (fortunately) anymore.
Last edited by Reisser on Wed, 22. Mar 23, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training
Meine Mod-Collection bei NexusMods: X4 VRO Reloaded

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Wed, 22. Mar 23, 08:21

Reisser wrote:
Wed, 22. Mar 23, 08:08
In X4 that wasn't the problem, there it was more the ware-sID that caused the problems. There is no such thing in X4 (fortunately) anymore.
Makes sense. Might be it was limited in earlier (32bit) versions or i just imagine things...
It took me the last two days getting a grasp of all the referencing stuff between the xml, my brain is liquid. :D
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Reisser
x4

Post by Reisser » Wed, 22. Mar 23, 13:03

I can understand that very well. I basically just started with X4 scripts and have been struggling through thousands of lines of code ever since. One of the best tips was to unpack the X4 archives and then use AstroGrep to dig through everything (including the mod directory). That certainly doesn't explain everything (not even close) but you have tons of code snippets to use.
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training
Meine Mod-Collection bei NexusMods: X4 VRO Reloaded

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Wed, 22. Mar 23, 15:15

Someone started collecting the ids of some mods on the 'X4 WIKI':
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... by+Modders

I usually identify my text files with the id provided by the mod name converted to numbers, if this is not too long, or failing that the acronym it refers to. If I need more id entries in the same file I add +1 to the id and so on.
You can also take your username, 'Xkuka', and convert it to numbers, and so add it along with the name or acronym of your mod. Just some ideas ... here's a reference website for that:
https://www.boxentriq.com/code-breaking ... to-numbers
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”