RC1 interior collision change?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Axeface
x4

RC1 interior collision change?

Post by Axeface » Wed, 29. Mar 23, 20:28

I was testing my modded ships in previous betas with no problem, but after installing RC1 I can no longer move when I teleport or walk onto the interior of these ships. Did perhaps the last remnants of the old collision system get removed this version causing this issue? If this is the case then does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Not being able to even pilot the ships is going to make getting them ready for 6.0 virtually impossible.
Edit: Looking at the stock xmls it seems nothing has changed in the xmls for cockpits - it also seems that some vanilla assets are getting stuck, perhaps its a wider issue.

billw
xr

Re: RC1 interior collision change?

Post by billw » Fri, 31. Mar 23, 01:06

I am regularly getting stuck on invisible collision when walking about since RC1, e.g. taking the lift to rep office and immediately get pushed back against the rear of the elevator. Reloading fixes it.

SilverNixon
x4

Post by SilverNixon » Wed, 5. Apr 23, 15:25

Can confirm this happening in RC1, for the station design simulator gamestart, on the HQ station, no matter what I do each time I take the lift I get pushed back preventing movement or activation of the lift again when the door opens to the new area. Staying close to the door does not help. I use Shift+D to teleport back to ship and resolve. This did not happen on a normal save but I have not played much to know for sure.

Edit:
RC2-Patch Notes

- fixed inability to move after using transporter rooms (problem introduced in 6.0)
“Not just beautiful, though - the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they're watching me.”
― Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 5. Apr 23, 17:21

SilverNixon wrote:
Wed, 5. Apr 23, 15:25
Can confirm this happening in RC1, for the station design simulator gamestart, on the HQ station, no matter what I do each time I take the lift I get pushed back preventing movement or activation of the lift again when the door opens to the new area. Staying close to the door does not help. I use Shift+D to teleport back to ship and resolve. This did not happen on a normal save but I have not played much to know for sure.

Edit:
RC2-Patch Notes

- fixed inability to move after using transporter rooms (problem introduced in 6.0)
Checked in RC2 expecting it to work now, nope, still completely broken for my modded ship. Which means I cant work on them until we get the fix. Very annoying.

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 21:00

This seems to still happen in the release version of 6.0
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”