[REQ] RPG/Ship crew management mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Pitagora
x4

[REQ] RPG/Ship crew management mod

Post by Pitagora » Wed, 10. May 23, 10:38

I'd like to have a context menu command to part all the crew, putting males as marines and females as service personel, it's a tedious work on big ships but, as much silly it may seems, I really like putting some RPG in my game.

I'm looking for something like that since the game launch, and I've also did try to start to learn x4 modding myself in the past, but browsing the guides I didn't find many documents related to crew management, so I didn't really go much further than unpacking other ppl mods and editing numbers in xml files.

Any help will be really appreciated either for ready code or tutorials links. Thank you.
Ricarica et impera!

potaitoz
x4

Re: [REQ] RPG/Ship crew management mod

Post by potaitoz » Wed, 10. May 23, 16:26

Pitagora wrote:
Wed, 10. May 23, 10:38
I'd like to have a context menu command to part all the crew, putting males as marines and females as service personel, it's a tedious work on big ships but, as much silly it may seems, I really like putting some RPG in my game.

I'm looking for something like that since the game launch, and I've also did try to start to learn x4 modding myself in the past, but browsing the guides I didn't find many documents related to crew management, so I didn't really go much further than unpacking other ppl mods and editing numbers in xml files.

Any help will be really appreciated either for ready code or tutorials links. Thank you.
I would also like a better crew maangement in way to make things easier like :
- moving crew in bulk
- recruting directly from the station/ship and not having to go to personnel list, right click , "work somewhere else for me" , searching the station/ship , right clic , select the position for each crew.

But your case of separating male and female is... pointless.

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Wed, 10. May 23, 17:05

As "pointless" as every role play behaviour?

Anyway, It's not pointless for me, so I'm asking politely for a way to do it. I'd like to get info and suggestions, not opinions or judgements, if possible.
Ricarica et impera!

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Thu, 11. May 23, 19:12

Only thing related to this I've seen is a mod on nexus which set all to female.
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/925

The ai characters seem to be very stripped down until they become at least captains or managers to conserve processing time / save file size.
Last edited by magitsu on Thu, 11. May 23, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Thu, 11. May 23, 19:32

potaitoz wrote:
Wed, 10. May 23, 16:26
I would also like a better crew maangement in way to make things easier like :
- moving crew in bulk
- recruting directly from the station/ship and not having to go to personnel list, right click , "work somewhere else for me" , searching the station/ship , right clic , select the position for each crew.
Just checking you're aware of - select ship, right click another ship, transfer crew (can also switch captains, and so on) - where you can use sliders to switch hundreds at a time? Is your request different to that?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 11. May 23, 22:13

Pitagora wrote:

I already created a mod that can do this.

I just updated it a bit.

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=429191

Pitagora
x4

Post by Pitagora » Sun, 14. May 23, 11:56

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 11. May 23, 22:13
Pitagora wrote:

I already created a mod that can do this.

I just updated it a bit.

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=429191
Omg, I'm struggling keeping tears off my eyes! :D

thank you for this!

Edit: This works in the recruiting phase only, which is absolutely cool and solve every problem on a new playthrough...
But, for current playthough, any chance to change gender/race to existing crew retaining their current skills? Or moving them in bulk from a role to another selecting by race/gender?

Edit2: I've got some troubles making it work, I'll post on the main mod thread my issues.
Ricarica et impera!

user1679

Post by user1679 » Tue, 16. May 23, 04:40

I made a mod that lets you choose male or female and then profession during hiring (ignore the screenshots, they are from a beta version I haven't worked on in a while):

As for separating male from female you can already do this, but one at a time.

1. Open the map
2. Click the "player information" button at the top
3. Click the "personnel" button on the left, just below the wallet button

In the new window, all your hired NPCs are listed and there is also a portrait loaded when you select one (not all NPCs get a portrait, I think you have to interact with them in person first?). You can now right-click on them and choose "work somewhere else for me", then right click the ship (you can use the same ship they're in) and select the desired position (marines, service crew). Their current position will be grey (unselectable).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”