Some help on missile explosion effect

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

FanUS
x4

Some help on missile explosion effect

Post by FanUS » Wed, 17. May 23, 06:04

Hi,

I was messing around with the game files to change the Torpedo explosion effect.
Under \X4 Foundations\assets\props\WeaponSystems\missile\macros\missile_torpedo_heavy_mk1_macro

It referenced the following effect. I noticed there was a missile_explosion_heavy_02 psb file but changing to 02 doesn't work. Instead, the torpedo hits target but no effect and no damage. If I change it to <explosion ref="explosion_props_wps_mine_01" /> it does work since this is the mine explosion effect. Now torpedo hit looks like a mine explosion with proper damaged applied to target.

<effects>
<explosion ref="missile_explosion_heavy_01" />
<launch ref="missile_torpedo_muzzle" />
</effects>

I noticed there are bunch of effect in the legacy folder too under \X4 Foundations\assets\legacy\fx\explosionfx\macros. However, none of these effects seems to work. I am trying to see if I could create the effect of a L or XL ship final explosion that creates a ring shockwave for the torpedo explosion effect. However, I have no luck making that work.

Question is, is it even possible to give the torpedo explosion effect something else other than the light, med, heavy missile effect or mine effect?
Also, <impact ref="xxx"/> doesn't seems to apply to torpedo. I was trying to see if the torpedo could have multiple effect, one on impact and one explosion. However, that doesn't seems to be possible and it is limited to only one explosion effect.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”