Adding paint mods without getting *modded* tag

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Adding paint mods without getting *modded* tag

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Mon, 19. Jun 23, 05:37

Is there any way to get the additional paint mods in an existing save without getting a *modded* tag?

This article here says that traders may sell paint mods if they are added as a stock. I am wondering if it is possible to do this without getting the *modded* tag. I know that adding a paint mod to your personal inventory gives you the tag.

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... /Paintmods
Autopilot epically failed.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Re: Adding paint mods without getting *modded* tag

Post by Dj_FRedy » Mon, 19. Jun 23, 17:36

Adding any file or extension not signed by Egosoft makes your game 'modified', except music files, added to the 'music' folder. The only way to add paint mods is by modifying scripts, making your game modded.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Mon, 19. Jun 23, 18:15

Dj_FRedy wrote:
Mon, 19. Jun 23, 17:36
Adding any file or extension not signed by Egosoft makes your game 'modified', except music files, added to the 'music' folder. The only way to add paint mods is by modifying scripts, making your game modded.
That is unfortunate. I am somewhat puzzled why Egosoft included all of these paint mods with no way to obtain them in most of the game starts. If I had known the only way to get them without going modified is to do a custom budgeted game start, I probably would have gone that route. But now I'm many hours into my game and I don't really want to start over from scratch yet.
Autopilot epically failed.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Mon, 19. Jun 23, 19:16

Those paintings are there to be used by EGO. They will be added as rewards for missions, ventures, whatever, they don't necessarily have to be 'all' available, or yes, only at the developer's discretion. But as the developer has seen fit to make them available for use as a 'modification', we modders can access them and have them as blueprints, wares, available in a word, for use in our games, but with a nice 'modified' label to show off.

You can add all the paint jobs to your already started save via an extension/mod, but the modified tag will stay with you.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”