[Request] Remove failed orders and behaviors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

builder680
x4

[Request] Remove failed orders and behaviors

Post by builder680 » Sat, 16. Sep 23, 12:03

I made this request a few years ago, it doesn't appear to have been done. I'm hoping someone sees this and can make it happen this time. I badly want a mod that will automatically delete all failed orders and behaviors.

I simply don't care if my ships' orders fail.
I don't want to know.
I don't want to see it.
And I don't want to discuss the pros and cons of the messages.

I just want a mod that removes them automatically, immediately, and continuously. Is such a mod possible?

Just as a ray of hope for the feasibility of such a mod, the mod linked below has a "Clear Failed Orders" option, which works in bulk and is cool, but the mod comes with a bunch of other stuff I don't want, and it's not automatic. I also don't know if it clears failed behaviors as well. However, if that's the only way this can be done, it would be nice to have that "Clear Failed Orders" option in its own separate mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/309

P.S. Another request would be auto-clearing "Waiting for Signal." Just a waste of time. Not a LOT of time, but it adds up and it's irritating.

Scoob
x4

Re: [Request] Remove failed orders and behaviors

Post by Scoob » Wed, 20. Sep 23, 18:34

I wish this were possible. "Failed" orders are a MASSIVE waste of time most of the time. I mean, I have a fleet of ships that engage and enemy and kill it. Several of the ships that didn't get there fast enough now have a "failed" order. They DID NOT FAIL, they simply didn't get there in time with the rest of the fleet.

Also, when trades fail, yet the ship then goes off and makes the trade elsewhere. I DON'T CARE, the ship bought / sold what it needed. Having LOADS of ships with amber icons next to them totally takes away from the potential value of this information when it's useful.

There are entire groups of ships for which I just ignore this pointless data. ALL of my auto-trader, any ship assigned to buy / sell for a station and mine and ALL combat fleets.

My hope was that Egosoft would do something here, but I'd settle for modders if it's at all possible.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”