[QUESTION] Ability to divide military sales from non-military

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

nikoli grimm
x4

[QUESTION] Ability to divide military sales from non-military

Post by nikoli grimm » Sat, 24. Feb 24, 17:07

Unless I've managed to completely overlook how to accomplish it, is there a way to divide the types of ships you're willing to sell to other factions other than S/M or L/XL?

I find it phenomenally stupid that to be able to sell non-military ships to a given faction so they can feed and clothe their population I also have to allow them to buy military ships that can later try to take over my faction.

If a mod doesn't exist that would allow this, one REALLY needs to be made.

Realspace
x4

Re: [QUESTION] Ability to divide military sales from non-military

Post by Realspace » Sun, 25. Feb 24, 09:49

That's a good idea in indeed. I've still never got to the part where my hq produces ships but if it is so then yes a mod could be used. I think simply using the faction relation could work. Ships already have a tag in wares.xml for their requirement in relation. Faction relations work both ways and since the player produces ships that are already listed in wares.xml that requirement can be set. Strange that the game does not apply it already, did you check that any faction can buy?

Another in-game solution would simply be to build two different shipyards, a civilian only and a military one and set restrictions in the latter.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”