Error message when exiting the game

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

deltaCorben

Error message when exiting the game

Post by deltaCorben » Sun, 3. Mar 24, 11:39

Playing on linux with the current version, I recieve the following error message everytime I exit the game:

https://imgur.com/a/d5M0gA4

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Error message when exiting the game

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 3. Mar 24, 12:34

I think the devs will need a lot more information to be able to help. Have you verified the game installation since the error started and is or was your game modified or the saves edited at all? What version of Linux are you using and are all your device drivers recently updated?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

deltaCorben

Post by deltaCorben » Sat, 9. Mar 24, 20:01

I am playing on Ubuntu 22.04.4. I have verified the files and use mods. I have not edited any saves.

The error popup also appears when I start and exit the game without doing anything else.
When I activate logging there is nothing interesting in the debug.txt.

I started doing some testing by only having single mods in the extensions folder and it seems a lot of mods are causing this error.
I must note that I sometimes tried to start the game without mods and the error would appear if I started the game shortly after having the error popup.
If I then waited a bit and tried again the popup would not appear.

I have no idea what additional informations I could provide.

The mods causing the error included: "Capital Ship Loot Magnet", "Orange Mouse Cursor", "Equipment Modifications Redone", "DFun Skills Increasing (DFSI)", and "Teladi Outfits".

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 9. Mar 24, 20:15

As the sticky thread states, any issues using a modified game should be posted in the Scripts & Modding forum. Hence I will move this thread over for you and advise you to change the title accordingly. :-)

In addition I suggest you disable one mod at a time to find the one that causes the probem. Then contact the mod author for help. Note, this this may not work as mods tend to leave traces in the saved game.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

deltaCorben

Post by deltaCorben » Sat, 9. Mar 24, 23:46

In addition I suggest you disable one mod at a time to find the one that causes the probem. Then contact the mod author for help. Note, this this may not work as mods tend to leave traces in the saved game.
I did that and I stopped at 5 or so when it became clear that it was not a specific mod causing issues.

I can play the game fine, I just wanted to report this because the error popup says so.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”