spacesuit blaster in paranid plot

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bogate
x4

spacesuit blaster in paranid plot

Post by bogate » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 16:57

During the paranid plot we get a spacesuit blaster that replaces the hand laser. Is there any way of getting the hand laser back? Is it intended for it to be a permanent replacement? I have tried looking at the spacesuit loadouts and even selling my hand laser back to a station trader and buying it again, but no luck.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: spacesuit blaster in paranid plot

Post by rboerdijk » Wed, 15. Apr 20, 16:24

You should have gotten the blaster in addition. You can select the other weapons with 1, 2, ... while in your spacesuit.

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 00:18

Why would you want to get rid of it? It's amazing.

No longer do you need half an hour to open a freaking container with it. I almost managed to blow up a fighter in an honorful 1v1 XD

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 04:54

rboerdijk wrote:
Wed, 15. Apr 20, 16:24
You should have gotten the blaster in addition. You can select the other weapons with 1, 2, ... while in your spacesuit.
It takes over the laser slot.

Picture
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2066378986

Save (Not in spacesuit but it should be reproducible)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2ddsler714jg ... ml.gz?dl=0

bogate
x4

Post by bogate » Mon, 20. Apr 20, 13:11

As RoverTX said it takes over the laser slot and there is no way to choose between laser and blaster. And regarding shehriazad i just like the laser aesthetics more and dont like a surprise permanent replacement.

Moderato_bei_X
x4

Post by Moderato_bei_X » Thu, 19. May 22, 03:14

I'm very late to the party, but here's what I gathered:
  • I think that in previous builds/versions, the personal blaster didn't replace the beam laser, but rather added a new weapons option (number 4, if I'm not totally mistaken)
  • this has changed, so it now effectively replaces the beam laser, meh
  • switching to the beam laser isn't possible any longer in a sensible way
  • you cannot sell the upgrade, and even if you did, you wouldn't be able to purchase it back
  • I'm a bit fuzzy on this point, but I believe that the Paranid mission isn't the only way to get it, I can't remember doing the Paranid mission line and getting the personal blaster, but I still got it randomly, probably out of a random data vault or ship (mostly Xenon...) explosion drop
  • you can, however, store it in the safe deposit machine in the PHQ, since it is an inventory item
While that isn't quite what people would like to use (and I generally agree that switching between weapons should be possible again - the current behavior feels more like a bug than being intended), there is one single way to get rid of it (temporarily, you can still fetch it back and use it later on), albeit not a very convenient one.
Course.setCourse[_%e00FF00FF00FF00FFset%ei]
.byOS[4D6963726F66742057696E646F777320544520286329032313135]
00FFl_ified00FF00FF00FF{fail%re}

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”