Strange structure in the distance in Eleventh Hour?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gregorovitch
x4

Strange structure in the distance in Eleventh Hour?

Post by Gregorovitch » Wed, 22. Apr 20, 10:38

Yesterday I espied what appeared to be some sort of structure silhouetted against the yellow star in Eleventh Hour. "WTF is that?" I said to myself. I set forth towards it in my Pegasus at about 9k m/s. After what seemed like an age and was in fact about 5000km the thing still appeared to be as far away as ever. It didn't seem to have got any bigger, not even a smidge. I did see however a wide range of shipping flashing by along the route - Argon, Paranid and Xenon to be precise. "WTF are this lot doing here?" I said to myself. However considering the huge distance I'd already traveled had failed to give any indication that I was getting any nearer to this thing I became discouraged - pressing matters of state to take care of and all that - and decided to retreat.

So....is this thing "real", is it actually reachable and, er, is it worth the trip?

Repli
x4

Re: Strange structure in the distance in Eleventh Hour?

Post by Repli » Wed, 22. Apr 20, 15:13

Hey, i think you talk about this:viewtopic.php?f=185&t=423573
Sorry, it is from the German forums, but I think the pictures says enough. But long story short, it is reachable, very long trip, but you can not do anything with it... (for now?)
People say, it looks like the Xenon-Hub :wink:

Melvach
x4

Post by Melvach » Fri, 24. Apr 20, 03:22

It is very, very, very far away. Approximately 132,956km from the Guiding Star VII jump gate, give or take depending on where you measure. I went on a little adventure in a modded game with a Jaguar going ~25.5 km/s...then after a loooong while, did some...modded shenanigans to get closer and after even more traveling, eventually got there.

Though the German forums have their own thread and pics (and I'm sure there are a few other threads related to it), I'll share some of mine here to answer your question, including a shot of the map to give you an idea of how far away ~132,956km is.

ImageImage

Front

Closer! Unsurprisingly, the thing is absolutely massive.
ImageImage

From the top
ImageImage

Also, if you get too close, you die, similar to planets. Thankfully I saved before trying that! :D

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 24. Apr 20, 09:25

We'll see, in the future... If in one of the upcoming patches some accelerator appears around that sector, than maybe that structure is part of a plan.

GDS_dmitry
x4

Post by GDS_dmitry » Fri, 8. May 20, 15:27

I suppose that is Xenon Hub
Ryzen 5950x @ 4.7 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM / NVidia 3070Ti RTX 8 GB / Windows 11

sandalle
x4

Post by sandalle » Fri, 8. May 20, 20:19

Just in case for future use, I've put a station next to it. ;) Was a PITA to move that plot all the way over there and be in the right position...

MikeChance

Post by MikeChance » Thu, 21. May 20, 22:38

supposedly, once you get there, an AI piloted ship with you not in it can fly inside without exploding - at which point you can teleport in and see that it indeed looks like the hub on the inside - minus the gates.

Sattler_Norbert
x4

Post by Sattler_Norbert » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 10:46

It doesn't look Xenon to me at all to me. Xenon don't build such smooth structures.
There are some similar styles to the rounded stations of the Terrans, but not enough to make me think it's actually Terran.
If anything it reminds me a little of the ship in X3 that turned up a few times in the story and eventually unlocked the jumpgate to Sol, so maybe it's an outpost of the ancient ones that originally built the gates and that are presumably responsible for the gate shutdowns and realignments.

blackice7777
x4

Post by blackice7777 » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 14:13

A year ago I invetigated it from different sides. Inside, there are a empty slots for gates, so it resembles xenon hub.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LoHcSIYf_w

Sentinel-Ghost
x4

Post by Sentinel-Ghost » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 19:43

From what i've found - been able to reach - the majority of distant objects seen inside sectors do physically exist and can be flown to, such as planets, the asteroids in Hatikvah's Choice I or the pillar shaped asteroids in True Sight for example.
Though they often aren't solid objects i.e you can fly straight through them.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 09:34

How can those objects physically exist but aren’t solid?

PS: you can put the HQ too close to the HUB making the game crash when you teleport on your HQ. So be warned :)

Sentinel-Ghost
x4

Post by Sentinel-Ghost » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 17:44

rene6740 wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 09:34
How can those objects physically exist but aren’t solid?
What I mean is that they have a 3D Model but no hitbox, i.e they are hollow 3D images that you can pass through, rather than static 2D images on the Space Background (or skybox).

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 10:13

NGL it's cool either way it shakes out.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 11:18

It may have been used by the Xenon in X3, but I don't remember it being confirmed it was built by them (although I did the quest years ago, so I don't remember the details). My guess would be it was built by the gate builders and discovered by the Xenon.

TehGM
x4

Post by TehGM » Tue, 11. May 21, 18:34

It is much bigger than in X3. Also the space and star colours do not match.

Yes, it could be nothing more than oversight since the Hub is nothing but an easter egg and nod to older players for now, but let's go speculations... maybe there are more than one of these structures in the universe?
X Language Changer - a quick way to change language in X2 and X3 games

nOy
x4

Post by nOy » Thu, 20. May 21, 18:31

Those tendrils/dendrite looking structures reaching out to the star and the segmented sections of those arms holding the tendrils looks somewhat similar to the ones found in aqueducts scattered in explored space.

https://i.ibb.co/6WP5TsT/20200423193212-1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mQxZ0yL.jpeg

Could belong to the same species.
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 20. May 21, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked
nOy>>

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”