4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Teladi CEO

Re: 4.0 and CoH - Spoilers inside

Post by Teladi CEO » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 13:59

Thanks for the info Linolafett! You and your team of art designers did an amazing job on the ships
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 16:58

If you are bored Lino after that until release just say something :P

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 17:06

linolafett wrote:
Tue, 19. Jan 21, 10:46
Stoats not Goats wrote:
Mon, 18. Jan 21, 01:15
No worries mate, I was also quite surprised when I saw just how many ships are likely to be added, however, it's quite likely that not all of the ships will make it into the final release much like the Python and Viper that were cut from the Split DLC.
Because of the delay of the release, all ships will make it into the game.
The last ship currently being modelled is the M frigate, but this will be finalized before the expansion is released.
Praise be the delay!
I'm still a bit salty about Python and Viper, so I'm happy that you delayed.

BTW People - we are at spoiler section of the forum, in topic with big SPOILER in title, so adding another layer of spoiler might be a bit redudant.

Reading ship descriptions:
1) Syn - the descriptions seem to describe something very similar to X-Rebirth Succellus - are these two related?
2) If Kukri is in fact anymetric fighter from trailer then whoever designed and named it deserve a medal- this thing really look like Kukri.
3) Frog? My impresion was "WFT?" I had to read trough dozens of wikipedia entries to find out:
Part of a sheath or scabbard for an edged tool or weapon; see Kukri Scabbard

Color me suprise - the last time you did this to me was when I found out Split Monitor is a lizzard, not a computer screen.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 17:15

Due to this being a "collection" of spoilers, the additional spoiler tags are a good idea so readers can choose the particular things they are interested in. I i.e. haven't looked at the shipnames for my very own reasons ;)

*Edit
mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 19. Jan 21, 17:06
Color me suprise - the last time you did this to me was when I found out Split Monitor is a lizzard, not a computer screen.
I was wondering what you are talking about. Fun fact: In the German version "Monitor" got a proper Split ship name "Argus". Monitor is a weird name for this ship. :D
Last edited by Tamina on Tue, 19. Jan 21, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 20:12

Tamina wrote:
Tue, 19. Jan 21, 17:15
I was wondering what you are talking about. Fun fact: In the German version "Monitor" got a proper Split ship name "Raptor". Monitor is a weird name for this ship. :D
I mean Auxilary ship "Monitor", not the Carrier "Raptor" - or there is two Raptors in german naming?
I checked the Monitor lizzard and aparently in most languages, including Polish it's called Varanus/Waran, so I wrap my head on how it could end be "Raptor" in German.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 20:21

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 19. Jan 21, 20:12

I mean Auxilary ship "Monitor", not the Carrier "Raptor" - or there is two Raptors in german naming?
I checked the Monitor lizzard and aparently in most languages, including Polish it's called Varanus/Waran, so I wrap my head on how it could end be "Raptor" in German.
oh yeah was mismatching the names, the Split supply ship is called "Argus" :D

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 00:20

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 19. Jan 21, 20:12
Tamina wrote:
Tue, 19. Jan 21, 17:15
I was wondering what you are talking about. Fun fact: In the German version "Monitor" got a proper Split ship name "Raptor". Monitor is a weird name for this ship. :D
Sorry to remain off the CoH topic and bring up Monitors again but in Australia we call them Lace Monitors or Goannas, but I completely understand the confusion.
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 17:18

I rewatched CoH trailer and I found some things.

So Jupiter (roughly 1:25) has both a
Spoiler
Show
jump gate and superhighway
At 3:50 on the IGN gameplay trailer in the upper left corner their is an unidentified ship.
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 17:45

Might be a freighter or CV or not even a ship but station module.

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 17:49

Probably, the large ship shown a few times appeared in the background of a few other parts of the trailer. As you said It’s robably the l ship or a station

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 18:36

Is their any hint in the game files about new sectors being added in 4.00 base game?

Revan Tair
x4

Post by Revan Tair » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 21:17

Teladi CEO wrote:
Wed, 20. Jan 21, 18:36
Is their any hint in the game files about new sectors being added in 4.00 base game?
Dunno(Either not updated to include new sectors in CoH related update or not yet in the t-file).

Here's a list of ALL sectors I could find in the t-file. attention spoiler :lol:
Spoiler
Show

::Systems::

<t id="1110001">{20005,7001}(Sol)</t>

<t id="1110002">As humanity's original home, this system holds a unique place in the hearts of those who still live there. In the time since humankind first threw off the shackles of Earth's gravity, the Sol system has been meticulously explored and mapped out. The majority of the system was gradually made accessible through a vast array of accelerators, connecting even the remote outer planets. These enabled colonists to settle further and further from Earth, and soon most of the Sol system was claimed.\n\nThanks to the system's size, and the explorers' surveying efforts, the inhabitants of the Sol system have access to an abundant supply of natural resources, giving them complete autonomy. Being already mostly self-sufficient, the inhabitants of Sol did not struggle much in the isolation brought on by the Jump Gate shutdown.\n\nWhile the orbits of most planets have been populated, Mars, along with Earth and the Moon, are the most densely populated settlements. As a result, Sol's cultural and political landscapes revolve heavily around these three locations, and the Terran people are extremely protective of what they perceive to be the core of their system.</t>

<t id="1120001">{20005,9044}(Savage Spur)</t>

<t id="1120002">This system was once heavily infested by Kha'ak, and so remained mostly uninhabited apart from the occasional Paranid explorer who dared to encroach. Due to its secluded nature, the system was also rumoured to be a haven for ruthless pirates who tried to avoid outside scrutiny. Shortly before the Jump Gates shut down, a sizeable Xenon fleet entered the system and began decimating the Kha'ak presence. It is entirely plausible that unsuspecting pirates were caught in the crossfire and found themselves trapped in close proximity to the Xenon, unable to escape. One can only wonder how long they held out before they perished.</t>

<t id="1130001">{20005,9047}(Segaris)</t>

<t id="1130002">During the Second Terraformer war, the people of Terranova fled their planet after the Xenon wreaked havoc on the ecosystem and made it unable to sustain life. Oddly, the Xenon attacks did little damage to the man-made structures there, and much of New Portsmouth, Terranova's principle settlement, was preserved. Many artefacts of daily life were left behind by those fleeing the planet at short notice.\n\nNow, the Segaris Pioneers are looking to reclaim Terranova for themselves, hoping that the artificial structures of New Portsmouth may offer some shelter from the harsh planetary environment. Alongside the debris and household items, many scientific and technical instruments were left behind, and the Pioneers hope to salvage and repurpose them for their own goals.</t>

<t id="1140001">{20005,9019}(Gaian Prophecy)</t>

<t id="1140002">Gaian Prophecy(same as {20003,1140001}) was first discovered by Pioneer Initiative explorers venturing out of Brennan's Triumph(same as {20003, 1150001}). Soon after its discovery, it became a refuge for those Segaris Pioneers who were looking for a relatively secluded place to settle; this location fit the bill, as it was the only system in their territory which did not directly border any of the other established factions. More recently, as trade relations between the Antigone Republic and the Terran Protectorate have stabilised, the system has registered an increase in trade ships passing through on the way to their destinations.\n\nThe name of the system derives from its principle planet, Sutton, on which Pioneer scientists were able to observe many of the basic conditions that make colonisation possible. Initially, many Pioneers had hoped they had found a new home for their people on this Earth-analogue, but settling the planet turned out to be a much greater challenge than expected.</t>

<t id="1150001">{20005,9021}(Brennan's Triumph)</t>

<t id="1150002">Originally connected to Earth via a Jump Gate, Brennan's Triumph's(same as {20003, 1150001}) most significant planet, Taurus, was the first planet outside the Sol system to be colonised by human explorers. When they lost contact with Earth, most of these settlers would eventually travel further into the gate network to establish a government in Argon Prime(same as {20003, 140001}).\n\nAfter the system's invasion and the tragic razing of Taurus during the First Terraformer War, the surviving colonists fled, leaving the system uninhabited. When the Xenon were pushed out of the system, Brennan's Triumph became a haven for piracy - most notably the organised slave trade - much to the dismay of the Argon Federation, who repeatedly attempted to put an end to this criminal activity. While the Argon Federation failed to regain control of the system, the Jump Gate shutdown would prove disastrous for the resident pirate groups. Since their economy relied exclusivly on raiding neighbouring system, it completely collapsed when those systems became inaccessible.\n\nWhen the Terran government established a new connection between Neptune and Brennan's Triumph, they sent the Pioneer Initiative in to colonise the system. Now, the Segaris Pioneers are happy to have claimed it for themselves, despite its troubled history.</t>

::Sectors::

<t id="1000011">{20005,7011}(Asteroid Belt)</t>

<t id="1000012">The Asteroid Belt(same as {20004,1000011}) is the threshold of the Terran Protectorate's domain. It is a sector bustling with miners and traders, scrambling to make a living. While visitors coming from outside Sol are tolerated by the Protectorate, the military keeps a watchful eye on all proceedings, and their oppressive presence can sometimes be sufficient to intimidate prospective business partners into avoiding the Sol system entirely if they can afford to do so.\n\nOf course, the military's cautious disposition is not without reason. Since this is the sector facing the rest of the network, it is the one most likely to suffer Xenon incursions and pirate raids.</t>

<t id="1010011">{20005,7012}(Mars)</t>

<t id="1010012">Mars has assumed a special position within the Sol system, as the only major planetary settlement other than Earth. Its residents live mainly in Twelvetown, a megalopolis in Valles Marineris, which, being home to an estimated 120 million inhabitants, is the largest continuous settlement in the Sol system. High above this settlement, a breathable atmosphere was established using a particle layer, which also protects the surface from the Sun's radiation and keeps its temperature steady.\n\nThe space around Mars is also of vital importance to the Terran military. Previously home to the USC, the military industry in this sector is responsible for some of the most respected ship designs in the Terran fleet. These days it is still the base of operations for the Terran Protectorate's war efforts, and since it is the outermost sector with access restrictions, it also serves as a barrier between those regions of Sol that are accessible to the majority, and the more well-guarded, gated sectors surrounding Earth.</t>

<t id="1020011">{20005,7013}(Venus)</t>

<t id="1020012">Venus(same as {20004,1020011}) is the link between Mars(same as {20004,1010011}) and Earth(same as {20004, 1040011}) and, as such, sees extensive traffic from Earth-based organisations looking to move their products to Mars, and beyond towards the outskirts of the Sol system. This proximity to Earth makes the orbit of Venus an attractive location for well-connected settlers looking to earn a living by atmospheric farming and trading with Earth; this despite the harsh winds enveloping Venus posing a unique challenge to continued survival.\n\nThe planet's hostile environment fosters a particularly gruff disposition in the resident population, so it comes as little surprise that those who cannot sustain themselves through farming often join the Protectorate military.</t>

<t id="1030011">{20005,7014}(Luna)</t>
<t id="1030012">{20006,302}(No information available)</t>

<t id="1040011">{20005,7015}(Earth)</t>

<t id="1040012">Deep within Sol lies the Terran homeworld and cradle of humanity, Earth, from where humankind first ventured out into space. Terran civilisation created the original Terraformer fleets, which later evolved to become the Xenon, and built their own Jump Gates before stumbling upon the existing Jump Gate network; deeds unparalleled within the Community of Planets(same as {20299,1071}).\n\nThe safety of Sol was always the prime Terran mandate. Under the United Space Command(same as {10158,99901}, X3-Faction) Earth was guarded by the Torus Aeternal, an imposing orbital ring station. Now, as only wreckage of the Torus Aeternal remains, the Terran Protectorate(Terran Protectorate same as {20203,3001}) safeguards Earth and its surrounding space with decentralised patrols and access restrictions. Even regular Sol citizens can be denied passage, if they lack the Protectorate Inner Core Access Licence(same as{20207,8001}).</t>

<t id="1040021">{20005,7033}(The Moon)</t>

<t id="1040022">The Moon's cratered surface bears witness to the first tentative steps taken by humankind in their journey to the stars. As the stepping stone between Earth and the rest of the Sol system, it also holds a position of great strategic importance. As part of the Protectorate's zero-tolerance policy towards unauthorised approach to Earth, it is the first sector requiring a Protectorate Inner Core Access Licence(same as{20207,8001 }) to enter. Naturally enough, because of the the Torus incident, the Moon is heavily policed by Terran Protectorate patrols, to ensure that the Moon stays off-limits, even to most normal Sol citizens.</t>
<t id="1050011">{20005,7016}(Titan)</t>
<t id="1050012">{20006,302}(No information available)</t>

<t id="1060011">{20005,7017}(Mercury)</t>

<t id="1060012">Within the Sol system, Mercury is the closest planet to its sun. With no atmosphere to speak of, and permanently exposed to solar winds, this planet is unprotected from both the cold temperatures of space during the night and the scorching fires of the sun during the day. Too expensive for habitation, Mercury remains only of scientific interest.</t>

<t id="1070011">{20005,7018}(Jupiter)</t>

<t id="1070012">Visible in Earth's night sky, Jupiter was known to the Terrans long before they ventured into space. This gas giant's enormous mass, greater than that of all the other planets in Sol combined, affects orbits, numerous asteroids and is still used by Terran deep space drone missions for gravitational slingshots. The planet's upper atmosphere harbours not only great storms, subject to climatic studies and weather control experimentation, but also a wide array of semi-organic lifeforms.</t>

<t id="1080011">{20005,7019}(Saturn)</t>

<t id="1080012">The imposing, yet beautiful, planet Saturn(same as {20004, 1080011}) is the planet furthest removed from Earth that can still be observed from there with the naked eye. As such, it has always held a special place in the hearts of the Terran people, even before they were able to make their homes among the stars.\n\nHistorically, Saturn hosted a Research Station under joint ATF and USC command. Their focus was the identification and analysis of potential threats to Terran security, especially those posed by outside species and technologies. When the Sol system fell back into the isolation and the Terran government reorganised itself, the assignment of threat assessment was gradually shifted to the Mars-based Terran Secret Service.\n\nIn the aftermath of the Torus incident, the Terran government was keen to severely limit access to Earth by travellers and workers from all over the universe, so Saturn now acts as the administrative hub of the Sol system.</t>

<t id="1080021">{20005,7016}(Titan)</t>

<t id="1080022">Titan(same as {20004, 1080021}) is the largest of Saturn's(same as {20004, 1080011}) many moons. Contentious proposals to terraform Titan in order to make it habitable for humans, have been put forward several times, but to date the potential benefits have yet to be shown to outweigh the immense cost.\n\nSince this sector is only connected to Saturn and not to any other part of the Sol system, it does not see as much traffic as many other areas.</t>
<t id="1090011">{20005,7020}(Uranus)</t>

<t id="1090012">This ice giant is encircled by two sets of thin, dark-coloured rings. It is theorised that the pressure and temperature within Uranus's(same as {20004, 1090011}) mantle has resulted in an ocean of liquid diamond, and rainfalls of solid diamonds are therefore a regular occurrence. However, all attempts to pierce the planet's atmosphere to verify this theory have proven both fruitless. The space surrounding Uranus has some potential despite its remote location, far from the Sol system's core, but that potential remains unfulfilled, so it is home only to those who do not have better alternatives available to them.</t>

<t id="1100011">{20005,7021}(Neptune)</t>

<t id="1100012">This gas giant was named for the Roman god of the sea, in part at least because of its stunning azure colour. Its shimmering surface has enticed many Terran tourists to visit and take in the sights for themselves.\n\nAs the planet furthest removed from Sol, its orbit marks the threshold of the vast and relatively uninhabited emptiness of the Kuiper Belt. Its remote location was also the reason why Neptune(same as {20004,1100011}) was chosen as the location for the third gate to be created by Terran engineers. Its intended function was to re-establish contact with Terran colonies outside the Sol system, in an attempt to maintain some influence over Commonwealth politics.\n\nAs a result of hosting this additional gate, the sector also came to serve as the logical point of origin for the Pioneer Initiative, which was sent out to further develop Brennan's Triumph and the outer rim of Sol, and which would eventually evolve into the Segaris Pioneers.</t>

<t id="1110011">{20005,7022}(Pluto)</t>

<t id="1110012">The dwarf planet Pluto(same as {20004, 1110011}) is the largest object in the Kuiper Belt and, as such, was the obvious choice for the establishment of a base of operations for Kuiper Belt-based mining corporations. After it was discovered that the neighbouring Oort Cloud was occupied by renegade pirates, trying to sabotage Sol, Pluto saw a significant increase in military patrols. Nowadays, it is mostly inhabited by Segaris Pioneers, who do not mind its remote location, and also by some of the poorest Terran citizens, who do not have access to the core of the Sol system.</t>

<t id="1120011">{20005,9044} {20402,1}(Savage Spur I)</t>

<t id="1120012">Almost entirely devoid of life, this difficult-to-access sector is under complete Xenon control. Only a small contingent of Yaki pirates has, against the odds, managed to survive in this hostile territory. The Paranid-built superhighway enables their raiding parties to quickly access Antigone space and the fringes of the Sol system. However, its missing return lane does make returning to the Yaki base of operations an arduous and potentially dangerous task. The proximity to the Xenon, while unsafe, also has also proven to be the Yaki pirates' greatest asset. Hidden behind several Xenon systems, they are undisturbed by law enforcement, who would never dare venture this deep into Xenon space, so, as long as they can manage to maintain their fragile symbiosis with the Xenon, they can go about their business in relative safety.</t>

<t id="1120021">{20005,9044} {20402,2}(Savage Spur II)</t>

<t id="1120022">Before the Jump Gates ceased to function, the Paranid reportedly tried to reclaim Savage Spur(same as {20003, 1120001}), which was in close proximity to their core systems, for themselves. Their first step was to construct a superhighway, in the hope that it would make policing the hostile system easier, and that Paranid forces could more flexibly respond to pirate activity. When Antigone Republic explorers rediscovered Savage Spur II(same as {20004, 1120021}) after the system reconnected, they soon found, with some puzzlement, that one of the superhighway's directional lanes had vanished. It is theorised that the highway was collateral damage in the fight between Xenon and Kha'ak forces. However, this explanation does not account for the peculiar fact that subsequent patrols did not come across any remnants, such as drifting debris, suggesting perhaps a more deliberate method of disassembly.</t>

<t id="1160011">{20005,7046}(Oort Cloud)</t>

<t id="1160012">Considered to be too remote to be useful for truly profitable mining operations, the Oort Cloud(same as {20004,1160011}) has been all but abandoned by the Terran High Command. Its only relevance now is in a military context. During the Jump Gate shutdown, the Protectorate conducted a number of targeted operations to systematically wipe out the remnants of the Beryll; the last holdovers of a renegade criminal group once residing in the cloud, which had, until then, managed to remain largely under the Terrans' radar.\n\nAlthough the Terran Protectorate has displayed little inclination to integrate the Oort Cloud into their economic supply chain, they have established a military infrastructure here and regularly patrol this remote area. A fundamentally dull assignment, being "promoted" to the Oort Cloud is likely to stop any officer's career ambitions dead in its tracks.</t>

Some Unknown Sectors B1 to B15
Again, spoilers!

Revan Tair
MotherBoard: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super
RAM: G.Skill AEGIS 2x16GB 3200Hz CL16
NVMe M.2: Samsung 970 EVO 2280 500GB
SSD1: Crucial BX500 2TB
HDD1: SeaGate Barracuda 4TB
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power E11 550W

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 21:38

Thanks, sad that
Spoiler
Show
Aldrin
didn’t appear.

I’m super excited to explore the sol system. Sounds like the Terrans and
Spoiler
Show
Argon/Antigone
won’t be at war.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 21:48

New inactive gates:
Spoiler
Show
1x Antigone Memorial
2x Getse Fune
1x Matrix #79B

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 21:56

I think the Xenon will have a big “base” in CoH, I think 79B will connect to
Spoiler
Show
Savage Spur
. They’ll have a big “base” as the ply be under attack from Argon, Split and Terrans now.

Revan Tair
x4

Post by Revan Tair » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 23:15

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Wed, 20. Jan 21, 21:48
New inactive gates:
Spoiler
Show
1x Antigone Memorial
2x Getse Fune
1x Matrix #79B
Where do you get that info from? :)

Revan Tair
MotherBoard: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super
RAM: G.Skill AEGIS 2x16GB 3200Hz CL16
NVMe M.2: Samsung 970 EVO 2280 500GB
SSD1: Crucial BX500 2TB
HDD1: SeaGate Barracuda 4TB
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power E11 550W

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 08:05

Revan Tair wrote:
Wed, 20. Jan 21, 23:15
TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Wed, 20. Jan 21, 21:48
New inactive gates:
Spoiler
Show
1x Antigone Memorial
2x Getse Fune
1x Matrix #79B
Where do you get that info from? :)

Revan Tair
Oh, I just compared map files of 4.0 with an older version.

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 10:08

Teladi CEO wrote:
Wed, 20. Jan 21, 21:38
Sounds like the Terrans and Argon/Antigone won’t be at war.
Spoiler
Show
Aside from Yaki and Xenon the Terran Protectorate isn't at war with any other major faction. The Terran plot will offer you three outcomes: a) keep everything as is (Terrans at peace with ANT and ARG), b) break up Argon/Antigone Alliance and c) War between Argon/Antigone and Terrans.
Other than that the Terrans will have a more active role in the universe, as they'll send expeditionary forces accross the map to attack the Xenon. This will be a huge relief for ZYA, HAT and TEL, as Terran ships usually come with very strong shields and weapons.

Additionally the Paranid plot gets a small continuation: once you unify PAR and HOP, you create a powerful faction that starts out without enemies (aside from Xenon). That always led to some kind of stagnation. Now Dal Busta will offer you a mission to cause war between this new Paranid faction and any faction of your choice, including the options "Terran Protectorate" and "All of them" (meaning all factions).

The political landscape is going to be very exciting with CoH!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 11:33

Wow, this is perfect from me as I'm Terran first approach and I unified Paranid into Trinity superpower.
My current game universe is peaceful (Paranid unified, Zyarth destroyed under CUB), so I'm looking forward to introduce more chaos :)

Comparing to 1.0, the 4.0 plot system start to be as good as in Terran Conflict :)

P.S. Will there be a plot for Segaris Pionieers?

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 12:45

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 23. Jan 21, 11:33
P.S. Will there be a plot for Segaris Pionieers?
Yes, the Plot is basically the same, as you work for the Terran Protectorate Secret Service no matter your game start.

But the real gem is the Yaki plot, as it introduces two mechanics that are nothing short of mind-blowing:

a) a device that cloaks your ship from Xenon (makes them neutral for your ship)
b) a Yaki-owned space installation that can cause the Xenon to attack a specified location (they have it directed at Sol)

Those two are part of the Yaki-investigation mission chain and seem to have no use outside the scope of those missions, but imagine what we as players could do with those things? :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”