Terran vs Argon/Antingone war

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Berni
x4

Re: Terran vs Argon/Antingone war

Post by Berni » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 21:29

Hello, which of the (main) storylines leads toward the Terran vs. Arg/Ant war again?
I'm kinda lost after this long time^^ my main missions are the one to infiltrate HAT (Terran Preparation) and another one (Second Assistant)^^

Which one should i follow to trigger the war?

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 09:43

Berni wrote:
Thu, 22. Apr 21, 21:29
Hello, which of the (main) storylines leads toward the Terran vs. Arg/Ant war again?
I'm kinda lost after this long time^^ my main missions are the one to infiltrate HAT (Terran Preparation) and another one (Second Assistant)^^

Which one should i follow to trigger the war?
Terran Preparation

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 10:11

LandogarX4 wrote:
Sat, 3. Apr 21, 13:43
In my game the "war" between ANT and TER looks like this: ANT are suiciding their ships into Getsu Fune's heavy TER forces. That's it. TER are completely passive and don't move into The Void anymore. So for anyone hoping to prompt TER expansion, this is not what you are looking for. A total stale snoozefest like the rest of the 4.0 universe.

EDIT: It gets even worse. Now ANT are building defense stations in Getsu Fune unopposed. There are a dozen or so TER destroyers in the sector, but they do not attack the builders nor the stations. The faction AI is such silly, immersion-breaking crap.
Interesting outcome. I've started a few different saves so far and it seems like the Terrans start curb-stomping Antigone each time. Xenon have been the hit or miss for me. They will take over Getsu Fune sometimes briefly then the Terrans roll back in and take it then move to The Void. The other oddity is sometimes the Xenon don't make attempts at Getsu Fune and instead start building stations in The Void.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Fri, 11. Feb 22, 14:26

Sorry about digging up this thread but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

After you finish the mission series and they're effectively at war, are there any war missions available to take?
Besides the odd "build a defensive module in Getsu Fune", being provided by normal missions given by being near some station, there are no faction "build XXX fleet" stuff available, like Argon vs Xenon.

Or is that it? They're both super bad at this "war".

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 05:24

factions changing does not add any war missions. essentially you can only lose war missions by finishing plots. none are gained, sadly. i wish they did add new war missions....

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Mon, 21. Feb 22, 15:19

AdrianH wrote:
Thu, 25. Mar 21, 16:47
Hi!

Yes, the decision is whether you want to change the relations so drastically that the factions go to war. This is an irreversible change, so if you decide to go with leaking the information as your option, you will trigger an infinite conflict.

I hope that answers your question!

Adrian
Why making such a fundamental aspect of the game like the diplomacy so demanding, long and even irreversible?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”