CoH Designe Decision about Syn/Asgard...

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Takichi
x4

CoH Designe Decision about Syn/Asgard...

Post by Takichi » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 11:01

What do you Guys Think of the Decision that the Syn and Asgard arnt Buyable other than over Blueprints?

At First i personally thought: Hey thats a cool Idea, you had to become the Hero of Humanity, make Missions for them and Proofe your Worth more than to any other Faction.
Had the Idea in my Mind that this are Terrans they dont trust anyone other then themself and need much more effort. But i heard from several Sources which Claim to got to speak with one of the Devs that this is impossible and you can only get them through Blueprint and Shipyard or Boarding, which for me is a Terrible Designe Choice, cause it makes no real Sense to me.

Sure you could argue that even as the Hero of Humanity you are just not good enought as a Non-Terran but this Argument doesnt Really Work as Terran Cadet.
The Main Reason why i do dislike these Choice is, i mainly like to Roleplay a bit with Several Goal in Mind.... Sometimes the roughtless Mega-Corp Boss on another save the Honorable Split Fighter Pilot, a Teladi Trade Master or an Terran Fighter Pilot who Climbs the Ladder and gets Promoted on to Lead the Big Guns.
If i would like to do that as Terran i need Blueprints, Shipyards and such or need to be the "Traitor" Terran and Board a Asgard(at least).
I Somewhat see the "Balance" Reason behind this Decision somewhat, but get Rep30+Special Mission or Blueprints is more or Less only a Money Difference not really a Time one.
To get Shipyard/Blueprint/Building Money for an Asgard can be done (if you really follow only that goal) can be done in the same Time you would need to become 30Reputation with them. Or nearly the same. So locking this Ships behind Rep30 would also be Fine i think and would enable the Option for more Role and other Play Styles in a Playthrought.
I also dont think that a "Balance" Decision at this Point should matter toooo much, sure the Asgard is extremly Powerfull but if i use a Asgard or a Raptor (which only in a fighter Asgard vs Raptor see real difference) makes for the Combat vs AI no real Difference, both can and will(correctly use) wipe out entire Xenon Fleets anyway.

ichduerssies
x4

Re: CoH Designe Decision about Syn/Asgard...

Post by ichduerssies » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 14:18

i dont like the decision either. they should make the asgard completely impossible to get or maybe as a single one-time reward for a mission. but it should not be possible to build or buy or capture that ship. simply because it is way too strong.
yeah, u can destroy xenon and everyone else with regular XL ships too but with an asgard its a lot easier.
on the other side it should be possible to buy the syn after completing the storyline. its a decent ship but not overpowered, so i dont see why u cant buy it

razor202
x4

Post by razor202 » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 14:37

No, the Asgard is too weak. 10 s-class fighters can easily destroy a single Asgard. The Raptor is much stronger overall.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 16:11

It is about as Moon-Mars distance for me and will likely never affect me in any way. This stuff was always and is impossible to get with casually playing.

al_dude
x4

Post by al_dude » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:18

Don't really care, either way. I always try to build or capture L class ships anyway. I never buy them. Always felt that it's a waste of money to buy ships.

I've found that Syn isn't as good as what I thought it'd be, and Asgard... I've yet to find a need for a XL ship and hasn't had one other than the builder class ships. I find Osaka more useful in general.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 20:58

al_dude wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:18
Don't really care, either way. I always try to build or capture L class ships anyway. I never buy them. Always felt that it's a waste of money to buy ships.

I've found that Syn isn't as good as what I thought it'd be, and Asgard... I've yet to find a need for a XL ship and hasn't had one other than the builder class ships. I find Osaka more useful in general.
how are those ships OOS?
X gamer , one at a time.

ichduerssies
x4

Post by ichduerssies » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 21:18

razor202 wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 14:37
No, the Asgard is too weak. 10 s-class fighters can easily destroy a single Asgard. The Raptor is much stronger overall.
the raptor is a carrier, asgard a battleship
of course a carrier that can launch 100 S and 30 M ships at once is stronger overall. u will need those 130 additional ships though.
asgard by itself is devastating though, it doesn't need any additional ships.

Cruis.In
x3

Post by Cruis.In » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 06:22

my experience with the Asgard is this as of now. Its so slow to turn. If alot of fighters or M's are around it it can never go to travel drive, it'll never get them all, not in a reasonable amount of time. If you are in Xenon space looking to delete them, eventually multiple K's will respond. Sure you can angle towards them and kill them as they drop. But at some point eventually you will get surrounded, and it can take half your shields just to do a 360 to turn and hit the K behind you. Eventually in the heart of xenon sector as I did, this happens. The fighters and M's never stop and while I killed so many K's...eventually a bad move could overwhelm you. That said tho yes its powerful lol. But its invincible while you pilot it for sure. A play controlling 4' k's would beat ya, just surround it like i said, even with 1 K hitting you by the time a turn is done to bring that big gun to bare half shields are gone.

cant just sit on a station like a wharf or shipyard without support. unless you fit all anti fighter turrets. eventually theyll get your engines then your a sitting duck for a K.
offensive signature removed

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”