Boarding operations HELP please!

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Koritnaciino
x4

Boarding operations HELP please!

Post by Koritnaciino » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 22:02

Hello guys, can someone help me please? I have problem with boarding operations. My AI ships do not use main weapons during boarding process. Only turrets. I already spend hours to find solution for that. I tryied Vanila game and also VRO and another availabe mods for support boarding. No lucky yet.
Do I something wrong or it is normal game mechanic?
Please help me someone and explain to me what I doying wrong. Many thx

jlehtone
x4

Re: Boarding operations HELP please!

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 00:30

Can't tell what you "do wrong" for I have different approach.

I have up to three groups of ships:
A: the playership
B: ship(s) with marines
C: other ships (optional)

The A handles almost all the disabling of the target and distraction of anything that could meddle.
The B gets the 'Board' command, with "Maintain distance". Turrets are disabled. No shots fired.
The C might be ordered to assists A, if necessary. They are typically fighters with Thermals.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

budforceuk
x4

Post by budforceuk » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 08:48

Admittedly not tried it without the player ship, but much as above.

I'll fly there in player ship, destroy turrets, depending on the ship* I'll either destroy one shield generator or leave it, shoot the hull down below 80%. Kill all the repair drones, engines, laser towers and defence drones.

Then I personally use unarmed medium cargo ships full of marines to board. Once I have control of the ship I'll transfer the marines back out, and transfer a few engineers in to fix the engines. Works a charm.

I've made millions ambushing ZYA Elephants in Hatikvas Choice that way, but works for everything.

*A capital ship with two shield generators I'll destroy one but leave the other, it's always worth the target having shields in case of outside intervention, but I'll destroy one if there are two, as sometimes it glitches out a bit and I find knocking another percent or two off the hull fixes it.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 09:35

No point killing shield gens imo. Afaict shields unlike in X3 doesn't actually hinder boarding.
Otherwise around the same as you, though I ignore repair drones. Not sure if they keep them after boarding though but it helps them repair faster. Beyond that if they repair one engine they are still slow enough so I leave them, but plink them to prevent them from travel drive.
Completely leave them once they are in. Their repairs then only help you later.

As to the rest, getting an aux ship later helps, you can just dock your new capture there for instant full repairs then send it off.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”