Boarding changes?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

darrund
x4

Boarding changes?

Post by darrund » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 23:37

Has anyone seen changes after the last patch?
For some reason it looks as if turrets on target ships are almost instantly killing all my marines even when I try to launch them personally at point blank range!
Has that happened to anyone else?
Looks a bit odd ESPECIALLY if you take into :consideration the general turret 《effectiveness》 if you are fighting and YOUR turrets keep missing most of the time. :evil:

Maebius

Re: Boarding changes?

Post by Maebius » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 08:26

Nah, not really.
If your target has missile turrets though, almost no boarding pods will survive.

darrund
x4

Post by darrund » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 09:41

Maebius wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 08:26
Nah, not really.
If your target has missile turrets though, almost no boarding pods will survive.
I find this a bit hard to believe since I already have 2 Asgard, 3 Syn, 6 Rattlesnake, 1 Raptor , 2 Behemoth, 1 Nomad, 2 construction ships and a few freighters all boarded ( of course for some it was more difficult than others) all however before the last patch.
It certainly looks as if something HAS changed but I will give it a try again later on and see what is going on.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 10:11

darrund wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 09:41
I find this a bit hard to believe since I already have 2 Asgard, 3 Syn, 6 Rattlesnake, 1 Raptor , 2 Behemoth, 1 Nomad, 2 construction ships and a few freighters all boarded ( of course for some it was more difficult than others) all however before the last patch.
It certainly looks as if something HAS changed but I will give it a try again later on and see what is going on.
Unsure.... I have like 20 asgards plus have sold a lot of tokyos and some raptors. (plus 5-6 syns, 10ish rattlesnakes several monitors/elephants etc etc)
I think 90% have been boarded after the 3rd hotfix, plus I don't count the odd behemoths and phoenixes I've boarded (about 3-4 per day) as those are immediately sold.

I find the boarding trivial in its difficulty, especially since in most cases (vs L/XL), you don't even need to fire a shot and get no rep loss.

The only time I think it over a bit, is when the target has missile turrets, so I just pew pew it, it spends all the missiles (only takes a few seconds) and then profit (plus no rep loss in the end)

Yesterday I captured a Tokyo with 42(!) ships docked in it and my main problem was "aw man, how do I assign pilots to all of those fighters".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljwcnxq343dal ... o.jpg?dl=0

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 10:38

I don't even know how to launch pods personally and I always demolish all turrets from targets. Hence I could not detect a change anyway.

We have long suffered from turrets that do not hit targets. If that has been worked on, then it should show on turret vs pod too.

There is no rep loss from kills when your current rep is healthy -30 ... :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 10:45

Aren't pods like really slow and moving in a straight line?
But otherwise I also strip turrets manually too.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 12:25

Yes, somewhere in 30-50 m/s range. One mark managed to engage its Traveldrive and the pods had suddenly a long walk.

There is one clear change in 4.0. Pods were approaching from rear. The mark had engine. Afterburner toasts pods now ...

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 12:57

Yeah, you're launching pods from behind, it's prudent to kill engines.

In most cases, I parallel park myself ontop or below the target, nudge them a bit so they go to 0 speed (if they're moving) and then launch.

If they move, by being over/under the target, your pods are already in your gravity, so their slow speed doesn't matter much and soon they enter the enemy gravity range.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 14:24

Maebius wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 12:57
Yeah, you're launching pods from behind, it's prudent to kill engines.
No, not me. I don't even bother to know how to launch pods. It was the Cobras that were in front of target when I issued the board order. Naturally, they did boost closer and beyond ...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”