Paranid plot change in 4.0?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bodrum
x4

Paranid plot change in 4.0?

Post by bodrum » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 01:54

I've just made Apotheosis go boom (glad the maze mission is out of the way) and got to the next step - delivering a fleet for the Duke

Looks like its been cut down quite a bit, now 24xAres and 12xNemesis instead of a destroyer/frigate fleet?

I havent accidentally taken a wrong choice have I? I'm taking the total war options in all the plots, this is the last one left

Any other changes further down this plot line I should know about?

ichduerssies
x4

Re: Paranid plot change in 4.0?

Post by ichduerssies » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 06:57

played it for the first time in 4.0 so not sure if or what changed.
next you have to do some fights for them so they can capture a few more ships including destroyers. after that you need to build a shipyard for them. thats where i'm currently stuck as i do not have the money or the BP yet

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 09:31

Yes they have reduced the fleet requirements for both plots (paranid and split) quite significantly. The other ones that are asking for station builds and straight money are the still the same. I honestly don’t get why they have reduced the fleet requirements so much.

At the time the plots were introduced as late game resource/money sink. Now they shifted that to terraforming. If they wanted to make those plots more accessible I would have reduced the credit payments instead of the fleet requirements.

bodrum
x4

Post by bodrum » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 10:17

OK thanks both,

I agree, its the 'hand over a beeeellliion credits' that really stings, in previous runs I was trying to maximize the Dukes survival chances so overbuilt his fleet (mods on the destroyers etc) - I cant see this reduced fleet lasting more than 5 mins in his incompetent hands....

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 11:43

bodrum wrote:
Wed, 28. Apr 21, 10:17
OK thanks both,

I agree, its the 'hand over a beeeellliion credits' that really stings, in previous runs I was trying to maximize the Dukes survival chances so overbuilt his fleet (mods on the destroyers etc) - I cant see this reduced fleet lasting more than 5 mins in his incompetent hands....
That definitely sounds worrying. Though I think we can still overbuild their stations?
100+ L Plasma can withstand a lot.

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 20:50

I overbuilt Dukes HQ considerably for just that reason.
So far its survived and assigned several trade ships to keep it supplied.
Duke's fleet was destroyed in minutes, what a waste of time and resources.
Building all those fleets is a pain.
I'm making one more save at all three decision points combined with a HQ blueprint
It will be the last time to go through those ridicules missions.
Its very easy to change the standings between factions and lock / unlock it if you so desire

LandogarX4
x4

Post by LandogarX4 » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 07:56

How long does it take for the plot to continue after you hand Boso the 1 Billion credits? I have waited 8+ ingame hours now, no messages or mission offers to continue the unification process.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 10:51

LandogarX4 wrote:
Thu, 29. Apr 21, 07:56
How long does it take for the plot to continue after you hand Boso the 1 Billion credits? I have waited 8+ ingame hours now, no messages or mission offers to continue the unification process.
Could you show us a screenshot of your mission manager?

LandogarX4
x4

Post by LandogarX4 » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 18:24

Gimbutz wrote:
Thu, 29. Apr 21, 10:51
LandogarX4 wrote:
Thu, 29. Apr 21, 07:56
Could you show us a screenshot of your mission manager?
I just checked the mission manager and it seems like I had overlooked the 'holy three-dimensionality' item at the very top that can be expanded to see the mission. Thanks for the pointer and sorry about the confusion.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”