Question about priorities in X4. w/CoH.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JonnyRocket72
x4

Question about priorities in X4. w/CoH.

Post by JonnyRocket72 » Sun, 2. May 21, 17:20

Greets,

Interesting note: I saved today and noticed that is was a year ago I began playing X4: Split V.. I was having a fine time and doing my own thing when I noticed that I could not buy any more ships because Xenon were invading and destroying vital factories. The universe as I knew it crashed.. I felt painted into a corner, thus I went on to other titles.
Well, now with CoH out, I have been playing the role of the two cadets, and of course, one is gone now. I am back to building my empire up. Mostly many mining ships, and I have never built a station.

Here is the deal, I don't want the game to go wayward like last time, but I am not sure what to do. I have made at least neutral with most of the factions this time, and am researching the 3rd teleporation upgrade. I am not sure what to do with my capital, except buy deadly ships.. Well, that did not work out so well in the end. Any advice is appreciated!

Fenris321
x4

Re: Question about priorities in X4. w/CoH.

Post by Fenris321 » Sun, 2. May 21, 19:30

JonnyRocket72 wrote:
Sun, 2. May 21, 17:20
Greets,

Interesting note: I saved today and noticed that is was a year ago I began playing X4: Split V.. I was having a fine time and doing my own thing when I noticed that I could not buy any more ships because Xenon were invading and destroying vital factories. The universe as I knew it crashed.. I felt painted into a corner, thus I went on to other titles.
Well, now with CoH out, I have been playing the role of the two cadets, and of course, one is gone now. I am back to building my empire up. Mostly many mining ships, and I have never built a station.

Here is the deal, I don't want the game to go wayward like last time, but I am not sure what to do. I have made at least neutral with most of the factions this time, and am researching the 3rd teleporation upgrade. I am not sure what to do with my capital, except buy deadly ships.. Well, that did not work out so well in the end. Any advice is appreciated!
Right now (as of 4.0) a lot of people are finding the Xenon going extinct with no help from the player pretty quickly. There are some players reporting that the Xenon are doing well in their universe, but I think for most people the Xenon are falling left and right to the NPC factions. Evidently this is an OOS combat bug with the Xenon that has been acknowledged so I don't know how long it will remain this way.

For Xenon Capitals, sniping works well in my experience. If you can build or steal an Asgard that will make short work of any Xenon capital ship. But really any ship that can snipe and kite a Xenon capital should work and you may find the Asgard overkill. I've only seen one time in my game (keeping in mind all games will be different) where I was swarmed by Xenon S and M ships to the point where a lone destroyer was killed and that was a Rattlesnake, so not great shields anyway. A couple destroyers with anti fighter turrets should help out immensely. Or a Raptor for anti fighter defense if you really wanted to go overkill on their fighters.

I don't have a lot of experience using carriers for their intended purpose (fighter swarms), seems like too much of a hassle. But from what I've read, fighter swarms can pretty quickly kill off Xenon turrets making their capital ships a giant defenseless target.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”