Yaki question?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Manawydn
x4

Re: Yaki question?

Post by Manawydn » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 01:00

Mikhaleech wrote:
Sat, 23. Apr 22, 00:09
What are the conditions for other factions to occupy Savage Spur?
If I dismantle my defence module on the base there, shall the Argons arrive into? Or they need to occupy each sector one after another to reach Yaki homeworld?
AI will only go for adjacent sectors, so yeah, they would not "skip" all the way over to Savage Spur, but will instead take every single sector on the way there.

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 11:05

In my game , with no mods. After all their plots and freeing them from Xenon etc. they simply order ships like crazy from me and go destroy all factions in their path.
They are not friendly to anyone. So not sure where all this friends with Argon is coming from, they decimate any argon patrol they find.

The plot reward says , new market opportunity for the player. So that is it. What you get is an exclusive customer where you can either feed their wharf or let them order ships from you. I setup a Wharf in Arg territory and next to it a scrapyard. So basically they make me rich twice.

Show me a screenshot of Yaki relationship with other factions changing after plots in the Cyclopedia and I will believe it.
I was hacked by a Xenon T and my ship board started showing this:
01000010 01110010 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100010 01100001 01100011 01101011 00100000 01100010 01101111 01110010 01101111 01101110 01110011
:D

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 12:47

Tidaar wrote:
Sat, 23. Apr 22, 11:05
Show me a screenshot of Yaki relationship with other factions changing after plots in the Cyclopedia and I will believe it.
https://imgur.com/a/NTTyXh9

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 13:18

There is definitely code in the mission scripts that set Yaki relations with ARG, ANT, TEL, MIN and a split faction to neutral at the end of the "A Heart for Pirates" plot.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 14:39

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Sat, 23. Apr 22, 13:18
There is definitely code in the mission scripts that set Yaki relations with ARG, ANT, TEL, MIN and a split faction to neutral at the end of the "A Heart for Pirates" plot.
That Split turned out to be ZYA.
Oops, looks like my plan to unleash the Yaki on them to distract them from the Xenon is a bust.
I guess I'll turn out Argon ships then.
Always assumed Yaki was enemies with everyone.

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 16:15

Mikhaleech wrote:
Sat, 23. Apr 22, 12:47
Tidaar wrote:
Sat, 23. Apr 22, 11:05
https://imgur.com/a/NTTyXh9
Heh! I stand corrected then.
I was hacked by a Xenon T and my ship board started showing this:
01000010 01110010 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100010 01100001 01100011 01101011 00100000 01100010 01101111 01110010 01101111 01101110 01110011
:D

Nulric
x4

Post by Nulric » Tue, 26. Apr 22, 00:31

So given all the conversation in this thread, and in others, I have a suggestion/theory, provided I'm understanding the conversation. I think that Savage Spur 1 may be counted in game as being adjacent to Savage Spur 2, despite there being only a one way highway there.

The reason I say this is because in my current game, the Terrans grabbed Getsu Fune, and have put a defense station in Savage Spur 2. That station offered me a "Scan Station" mission, and the target of that mission was the Yaki pirate base in Savage Spur 1. If Savage Spur 1 is not considered adjacent, then it was giving me a mission to scan a station that would be about 8 sector jumps away. I don't think those missions usually have that sort of range, though I could totally be wrong.

If the above is correct, and if discussion in this and other threads is correct about a Yaki neutral/friendly faction getting into Savage Spur 1, then it may not require Argon, for example, to take all systems leading into Savage Spur 1. Instead, you may only need to help the Argon get into Savage Spur 2. Once there, that may trigger attempts to take Savage Spur 1 (which would of course require their ships to fly the full 8-jump route around). As long as you can help them get into the system alive, that may provide an easier route to a faction like the Argon (or whatever Yaki neutral/friendly faction) taking over Savage Spur 1.

Though, if we're talking about factions other than Terran, Antigone, Argon, or HoP (who are close to the Savage Spur 2 area to begin with), then it may not be worth the effort to get them to Savage Spur 2, as opposed to facilitating them taking all of the sectors along the travel route.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Tue, 26. Apr 22, 17:27

Maebius wrote:
Sat, 19. Mar 22, 16:18
Do they start to expand properly in the expansion?
Doesn't seem like it.
No they are as anemic as ever, they do not claim a sector or build stations. They just build the occasional S or M ship and send it to die.

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Mon, 2. May 22, 16:26

Manawydn wrote:
Sat, 23. Apr 22, 01:00
AI will only go for adjacent sectors, so yeah, they would not "skip" all the way over to Savage Spur, but will instead take every single sector on the way there.
Dismantled my defence station in Savage Sour adjacent to the Hatikva, but nobody came there to build anything for several days.
Maybe i should destroy Hatikva trading station so the sector change the ownership to Argon?

Nulric
x4

Post by Nulric » Tue, 3. May 22, 22:01

Nulric wrote:
Tue, 26. Apr 22, 00:31
So given all the conversation in this thread, and in others, I have a suggestion/theory, provided I'm understanding the conversation. I think that Savage Spur 1 may be counted in game as being adjacent to Savage Spur 2, despite there being only a one way highway there.

The reason I say this is because in my current game, the Terrans grabbed Getsu Fune, and have put a defense station in Savage Spur 2. That station offered me a "Scan Station" mission, and the target of that mission was the Yaki pirate base in Savage Spur 1. If Savage Spur 1 is not considered adjacent, then it was giving me a mission to scan a station that would be about 8 sector jumps away. I don't think those missions usually have that sort of range, though I could totally be wrong.

If the above is correct, and if discussion in this and other threads is correct about a Yaki neutral/friendly faction getting into Savage Spur 1, then it may not require Argon, for example, to take all systems leading into Savage Spur 1. Instead, you may only need to help the Argon get into Savage Spur 2. Once there, that may trigger attempts to take Savage Spur 1 (which would of course require their ships to fly the full 8-jump route around). As long as you can help them get into the system alive, that may provide an easier route to a faction like the Argon (or whatever Yaki neutral/friendly faction) taking over Savage Spur 1.

Though, if we're talking about factions other than Terran, Antigone, Argon, or HoP (who are close to the Savage Spur 2 area to begin with), then it may not be worth the effort to get them to Savage Spur 2, as opposed to facilitating them taking all of the sectors along the travel route.
So the Reddit thread I'm linking below, while being unrelated to the questions in this thread, may provide partial proof what I conjectured above. That is, that the Savage Spur 1 and 2 sectors count as adjacent to one another, despite there being only a one way accelerator there.

Note that the OP shows a screenshot of a map where Antigone Republic has claimed both Savage Spur sectors, but has not claimed any of the intervening sectors that go around the back way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... n_problem/

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Wed, 4. May 22, 05:36

Nulric wrote:
Tue, 3. May 22, 22:01
Nulric wrote:
Tue, 26. Apr 22, 00:31

So the Reddit thread I'm linking below, while being unrelated to the questions in this thread, may provide partial proof what I conjectured above. That is, that the Savage Spur 1 and 2 sectors count as adjacent to one another, despite there being only a one way accelerator there.

Note that the OP shows a screenshot of a map where Antigone Republic has claimed both Savage Spur sectors, but has not claimed any of the intervening sectors that go around the back way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... n_problem/
This makes sense, in my game terran controll savage spur 2 and in savage spur 1 im constantly seeing small terran patrols, considering how far this is from their space going the long way around, and these are not intervention forces it does suggest it considers it next door.

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Thu, 5. May 22, 13:51

If anybody interested in Yaki to obtain another stations or two, then I have made some progress but not with the Argon but with the Zyarth.
To accomplish this, I put much efforts to save the Splits from their extinction. Here was the plan:
1. Established a large Trade mining station within their borders to fill their needs in raw resourses.
2. Constructed many stations with ship technologies factories and hull productions under their tasks, as wel as another big self-sustained shipyard/wharf.
3. Done dozens of deliver fleet missions (exceptionally profitable by the way)
4. Cleared Matrix 598 of Xenons, obviously.
With all this help Zyarth beated out Argons like Red army, entered into Tharka Cascade and quickly seized Yaki's Savage Spur region. Now there are missions appears from Yaki's faction.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Fri, 6. May 22, 21:33

Mikhaleech wrote:
Thu, 5. May 22, 13:51
With all this help Zyarth beated out Argons like Red army, entered into Tharka Cascade and quickly seized Yaki's Savage Spur region. Now there are missions appears from Yaki's faction.
Where do those appear? In the Yaki station or the ZYA staions that were built in Savage Spur?
Also, what path did you take in the Yaki plot?(sided with Yaki I suppose)

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Sat, 7. May 22, 10:41

Missions from Yaki appears when you visit Savage Spur I, where their main HQ located. But only in case any other faction shall become the owner of this region.
The side I don't really remember since it was a year ago. But I went the path stay friends with Yaki and Terrans and to unleash the war between Ter and Arg.

Good Wizard
x4

Post by Good Wizard » Sat, 7. May 22, 11:39

I am using this thread to ask another question to the Yaki, for more experienced players - please give me hints:

I did the TER Solborn questline once, in this way:
Spoiler
Show
1) Acquired the Moreyia, kept it by bringing it to the Boron, used it to scout out all the Xenon sectors, and then traveled to the Yaki station. Did not kill Shani.
2) Flew away after speaking with all people, and reported the Yaki as 'No Threat' to the Secret Service. Received the Syn.
3) Returned to the Yaki station with the Syn and destroyed the Amplifier station. Became friendly with the Yaki.
4) Received the quest 'A Heart for Pirates' from Dal Busta.
At this point I had to stop, because I was unable to clear the two sectors from the Xenon. I did not have enough forces for that, had to wait. So far I played it.
This is the way I want to do the quest, I am aware of the other options, and do not want them this time.

Now my question: In a new game I have the Moreyia, and could now fly to the Yaki station. But I do not have enough forces or money to beat the Xenon in Savage Spur, and Matrix 79B. Tharkas Cascade is thick with them, and a part of Zyarth has fallen, also Family Zhin is now Xenon. So this game has strong Xenon in the North.

What should I do best?
A) Delay visiting the Yaki for the first time, i.e. 'finding' them? This would mean no Syn for me at this time, and the risk, that a TER fleet finds the Yaki first. (In my old game this seems to have happened, since they no longer had their shipyard, only the smaller replacement station).
B) Visit the Yaki now (Moreyia), do not rat them out, receive the Syn, and then wait. Do not yet destroy the Amplifier. This would mean leave the quest inactive for a while and building enough forces to clean the sectors BEFORE destroying the amplifier.
C) Destroy the Amplifier immediately using the Syn (probably fairly easy), but then withdraw and build the forces, which means a larger pause between the old mission and the new 'A Heart for Pirates' mission.

So what would be best? Destroy the Amplifier immediately after receiving the Syn, or wait to do it until strong enough to beat the Xenon in the sector? Or even wait with the first visit?

Thank you for hints and experiences!

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 7. May 22, 11:47

I mean, the lore states that the Amplifier is what keeps the Yaki hidden from the Xenon, or control them I can't really remember.
I don't know how that translates to gameplay but I would hold off on blowing it up until you can secure the area.

Also you could always block the TER XL bays, without the heavy ships it's highly unlikely they would survive any trip all the way to the Yaki.
And by keeping an eye, you could always snipe off the engine of any TER XL ship which makes it as far as the neighboring sector. And then by staying IS, any Xenon XL ship should handle that easily.

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Wed, 11. May 22, 22:56

Right now I have built two stations for Yaki. So they can expand a little with the player's help.
https://ibb.co/album/DL6mw1
But for now it is under-faction since they cannot build any L or XL ships and are not familiar with any station module blueprint. They even dont have their administration module to render the system into their ownership.
I tried to destroy Zyarth's defence station, no luck - the sector becomes white.

https://i.ibb.co/bsjhTsZ/20220511233935-1.jpg
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 12. May 22, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Thu, 12. May 22, 20:11

Had high-ish hopes for Yaki in the "pirate" expansion.
To be reduced to Kuraokami raiding parties...what a waste :rant:

VIG are kinda unlikable :o

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Thu, 12. May 22, 22:19

I also doubt we will see any future content for yaki since it was tied to the terran dlc, perhaps if we get a combined standalone then we will see more yaki content, till then i guess its mods to help them become the pirate empire they deserve to be, which is a shame, let the yaki rise to previous hights and surpass them! (hell in x3 the yaki had a full set of ships, even a construction ship)

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 13. May 22, 03:09

Raptor34 wrote:
Sat, 7. May 22, 11:47
I mean, the lore states that the Amplifier is what keeps the Yaki hidden from the Xenon, or control them I can't really remember.
I don't know how that translates to gameplay but I would hold off on blowing it up until you can secure the area.
Destroying the amplifier does not make the Xenon hostile to the Yaki. Lore wise it is meant to be that eventually the Xenon will become hostile to the Yaki and kill them but the amount of time required for this is beyond the scope of X4 gameplay. You can take as long as you want clearing the branch and the Xenon will never kill the Yaki.

That said although the Xenon will never kill the Yaki during that time, the Terrans might. People have reported their Intervention Asgard, the respawning fleet unrelated to the plot that is usually sent to random Xenon targets around the universe, targeting the Yaki base instead of any of the nearby Xenon stations. Usually the Xenon will proactively intercept this Asgard with a Destroyer I, which pretty much always wins over it, but if the Xenon economy in that branch has been trashed or has stopped working then this might not happen and so the Asgard can slip by and make the Yaki extinct before the player can free them of the Xenon. Note this can happen before the storyline is even progressed but in such case a backup Yaki station is spawned in when required.

At least one person has reported the Xenon killing the Yaki station. In that case the suspected cause was a high attention friendly fire incident that resulted in an escalated response from Xenon capital fleets before temporary lost reputation timed out.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”