Yaki question?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddgit
x4

Yaki question?

Post by oddgit » Tue, 8. Feb 22, 05:14

Hi, i recently finished the Yaki plot line, killed all the Xenon, and am not building stations in Savage Spur near their shipyard, i eventually want a little enclosed economy up there complete with a shipyard/warf that is set to sell to SCA, YAK and HAT (Silly i know, but it sounds fun!) Other than bring random, i assume captured cargo ships, and build their own ships do the Yaki ever ask for new stations to be built or do any other stuff? I have a food and supply station that is feeding them and my ships running the economy up there deliver stuff to their shipyard. It would be super cool if they build up like HAT or SCA. Do they eventually call and ask for help?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Yaki question?

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 8. Feb 22, 11:05

Some players have had station building missions from the friendly Yaki base and so have added to the local Yaki-owned production and defence that way.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Tue, 8. Feb 22, 12:16

Still hoping for that Yaki Station building mission. Got a ship parked on their station that I sometimes teleport to, but they never offer any kind of mission so far, let alone a Station building one. Yaki plot is done & amplifier is destroyed & I made peace with them after.

budforceuk
x4

Post by budforceuk » Tue, 8. Feb 22, 19:56

Starlight_Corporation wrote:
Tue, 8. Feb 22, 12:16
Still hoping for that Yaki Station building mission. Got a ship parked on their station that I sometimes teleport to, but they never offer any kind of mission so far, let alone a Station building one. Yaki plot is done & amplifier is destroyed & I made peace with them after.
Same yea, I've not been offered any mission either.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Tue, 8. Feb 22, 21:47

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 8. Feb 22, 11:05
Some players have had station building missions from the friendly Yaki base and so have added to the local Yaki-owned production and defence that way.
Oh cool. I hope that happens in my game. Maybe if i build a strong enough economy and help keep them fed and their station running i will get a build mission. I was just hoping for a bit more after clearing out the xenon. I pushed them back up to ZYA space, they have almost eradicated them from the sectors on that side of the map. hah

I do recruit all of my station managers from the Yaki station, i am hoping to see random yaki on my station, i know it doesn't work that way, but it would be fun :)

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Wed, 9. Feb 22, 18:49

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 8. Feb 22, 11:05
Some players have had station building missions from the friendly Yaki base and so have added to the local Yaki-owned production and defence(sic) that way.
This is anecdotal statement. In my game after a month passed form Yaki going neutral not even once they've made any attempt to build any kind of station. While it is true sometimes one can find a "secret" NPC hiding somewhere in either one of the office rooms or on the dock that can offer some kind of small mission, usually it is either mine, laser tower or satellite placement. Not even once have I got anything other (sometimes said NPC outright refuses to talk).

People stating one can build a wharf/shipyard for any faction usually refer to the ability to add building modules during a "normal" station-building mission (that spawns directly on the map without the need for seeking NPC or leak-scanning). But I've yet to see such a mission from Yaki (in fact, I've yet to see any mission spawning directly on the Yaki base).

Till someone conjures a screenshot of either a station-building mission on a Yaki "headquarters", or a player-built station belonging to Yaki, I'm of the mind to treat all such claims false, as in my experience, Yaki do not have a working "faction logic" at all. :(

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 9. Feb 22, 20:30

@ Alm888: Here you go. Of course you have the right to disbelieve them, or believe they got it through mods - up to you.

PS: Here in the UK, the mother of English, that is how we spell defence. So there was no need to edit a 'quote' of me. It's also how it is spelled in the game too. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Wed, 9. Feb 22, 21:42

What causes the random quests to spawn, is it just random luck of me being in the sector when one is up?

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Sun, 6. Mar 22, 20:20

oddgit wrote:
Wed, 9. Feb 22, 21:42
What causes the random quests to spawn, is it just random luck of me being in the sector when one is up?
I'm pretty sure the requirement is to have a faction friendly to the Yaki (in my case it was the ARG) own the sector where the Pirate Base is located (Savage Spur I). Once that happens, you should start getting mission offers from the Pirate Base. Currently the Yaki have more than 20 stations in my game, all built by myself by accepting station construction missions

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Mon, 7. Mar 22, 03:56

raUlo wrote:
Sun, 6. Mar 22, 20:20
oddgit wrote:
I'm pretty sure the requirement is to have a faction friendly to the Yaki (in my case it was the ARG) own the sector where the Pirate Base is located (Savage Spur I). Once that happens, you should start getting mission offers from the Pirate Base. Currently the Yaki have more than 20 stations in my game, all built by myself by accepting station construction missions
Hmm, sector is unclaimed, i guess i could build a admin center to turn it to me. i am pretty sure my rep with them is 25ish. Maybe i just never am in the sector when that mission is an option.
I still think it wold be cool fi after you removed the xenon from that part of space that the Yaki would become a larger player like HAT or SCA.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Sat, 19. Mar 22, 16:18

Do they start to expand properly in the expansion?
Doesn't seem like it.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 19. Mar 22, 16:58

oddgit wrote:
Mon, 7. Mar 22, 03:56
raUlo wrote:
oddgit wrote:
Hmm, sector is unclaimed, i guess i could build a admin center to turn it to me. i am pretty sure my rep with them is 25ish. Maybe i just never am in the sector when that mission is an option.
I still think it wold be cool fi after you removed the xenon from that part of space that the Yaki would become a larger player like HAT or SCA.
keyword: "faction friendly". I have owned SS1, so I know the Yaki did not offer build missions (or any other mission) when SS1 is under player's ownership.

raUlo
x4

Post by raUlo » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 22:49

VincentTH wrote:
Sat, 19. Mar 22, 16:58
oddgit wrote:
raUlo wrote:
keyword: "faction friendly". I have owned SS1, so I know the Yaki did not offer build missions (or any other mission) when SS1 is under player's ownership.
Small correction, it has to be a friendly faction but not the player faction. I also tried owning the sector but it didn't work, it has to be an NPC faction

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 30. Mar 22, 08:13

raUlo wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 22:49
VincentTH wrote:
Sat, 19. Mar 22, 16:58
oddgit wrote:

Small correction, it has to be a friendly faction but not the player faction. I also tried owning the sector but it didn't work, it has to be an NPC faction
Ah, Thanks for the revelation!!!

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 00:09

What are the conditions for other factions to occupy Savage Spur?
If I dismantle my defence module on the base there, shall the Argons arrive into? Or they need to occupy each sector one after another to reach Yaki homeworld?

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 01:00

Mikhaleech wrote:
Sat, 23. Apr 22, 00:09
What are the conditions for other factions to occupy Savage Spur?
If I dismantle my defence module on the base there, shall the Argons arrive into? Or they need to occupy each sector one after another to reach Yaki homeworld?
AI will only go for adjacent sectors, so yeah, they would not "skip" all the way over to Savage Spur, but will instead take every single sector on the way there.

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 11:05

In my game , with no mods. After all their plots and freeing them from Xenon etc. they simply order ships like crazy from me and go destroy all factions in their path.
They are not friendly to anyone. So not sure where all this friends with Argon is coming from, they decimate any argon patrol they find.

The plot reward says , new market opportunity for the player. So that is it. What you get is an exclusive customer where you can either feed their wharf or let them order ships from you. I setup a Wharf in Arg territory and next to it a scrapyard. So basically they make me rich twice.

Show me a screenshot of Yaki relationship with other factions changing after plots in the Cyclopedia and I will believe it.
I was hacked by a Xenon T and my ship board started showing this:
01000010 01110010 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100010 01100001 01100011 01101011 00100000 01100010 01101111 01110010 01101111 01101110 01110011
:D

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 12:47

Tidaar wrote:
Sat, 23. Apr 22, 11:05
Show me a screenshot of Yaki relationship with other factions changing after plots in the Cyclopedia and I will believe it.
https://imgur.com/a/NTTyXh9

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 13:18

There is definitely code in the mission scripts that set Yaki relations with ARG, ANT, TEL, MIN and a split faction to neutral at the end of the "A Heart for Pirates" plot.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 14:39

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Sat, 23. Apr 22, 13:18
There is definitely code in the mission scripts that set Yaki relations with ARG, ANT, TEL, MIN and a split faction to neutral at the end of the "A Heart for Pirates" plot.
That Split turned out to be ZYA.
Oops, looks like my plan to unleash the Yaki on them to distract them from the Xenon is a bust.
I guess I'll turn out Argon ships then.
Always assumed Yaki was enemies with everyone.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”