Yaki question?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raptor34
x4

Re: Yaki question?

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 7. May 22, 11:47

I mean, the lore states that the Amplifier is what keeps the Yaki hidden from the Xenon, or control them I can't really remember.
I don't know how that translates to gameplay but I would hold off on blowing it up until you can secure the area.

Also you could always block the TER XL bays, without the heavy ships it's highly unlikely they would survive any trip all the way to the Yaki.
And by keeping an eye, you could always snipe off the engine of any TER XL ship which makes it as far as the neighboring sector. And then by staying IS, any Xenon XL ship should handle that easily.

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Wed, 11. May 22, 22:56

Right now I have built two stations for Yaki. So they can expand a little with the player's help.
https://ibb.co/album/DL6mw1
But for now it is under-faction since they cannot build any L or XL ships and are not familiar with any station module blueprint. They even dont have their administration module to render the system into their ownership.
I tried to destroy Zyarth's defence station, no luck - the sector becomes white.

https://i.ibb.co/bsjhTsZ/20220511233935-1.jpg
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 12. May 22, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Thu, 12. May 22, 20:11

Had high-ish hopes for Yaki in the "pirate" expansion.
To be reduced to Kuraokami raiding parties...what a waste :rant:

VIG are kinda unlikable :o

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Thu, 12. May 22, 22:19

I also doubt we will see any future content for yaki since it was tied to the terran dlc, perhaps if we get a combined standalone then we will see more yaki content, till then i guess its mods to help them become the pirate empire they deserve to be, which is a shame, let the yaki rise to previous hights and surpass them! (hell in x3 the yaki had a full set of ships, even a construction ship)

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 13. May 22, 03:09

Raptor34 wrote:
Sat, 7. May 22, 11:47
I mean, the lore states that the Amplifier is what keeps the Yaki hidden from the Xenon, or control them I can't really remember.
I don't know how that translates to gameplay but I would hold off on blowing it up until you can secure the area.
Destroying the amplifier does not make the Xenon hostile to the Yaki. Lore wise it is meant to be that eventually the Xenon will become hostile to the Yaki and kill them but the amount of time required for this is beyond the scope of X4 gameplay. You can take as long as you want clearing the branch and the Xenon will never kill the Yaki.

That said although the Xenon will never kill the Yaki during that time, the Terrans might. People have reported their Intervention Asgard, the respawning fleet unrelated to the plot that is usually sent to random Xenon targets around the universe, targeting the Yaki base instead of any of the nearby Xenon stations. Usually the Xenon will proactively intercept this Asgard with a Destroyer I, which pretty much always wins over it, but if the Xenon economy in that branch has been trashed or has stopped working then this might not happen and so the Asgard can slip by and make the Yaki extinct before the player can free them of the Xenon. Note this can happen before the storyline is even progressed but in such case a backup Yaki station is spawned in when required.

At least one person has reported the Xenon killing the Yaki station. In that case the suspected cause was a high attention friendly fire incident that resulted in an escalated response from Xenon capital fleets before temporary lost reputation timed out.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Sat, 14. May 22, 20:20

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 13. May 22, 03:09
Usually the Xenon will proactively intercept this Asgard with a Destroyer I, which pretty much always wins over it, but if the Xenon economy in that branch has been trashed or has stopped working then this might not happen and so the Asgard can slip by and make the Yaki extinct before the player can free them of the Xenon. Note this can happen before the storyline is even progressed but in such case a backup Yaki station is spawned in when required.
Also, as of now, the spawned-in backup Yaki station is dysfunctional and in this case Yaki are gone for good regardless of the story outcome.

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Sat, 14. May 22, 20:28

There is a trick. Build them another base by design you like. With habitats and production modules.
Then destroy their previous base completely (by HQ teleportation or by main gun of Asgard, preferably, targeting only modules itself, not the surface elements). Suffer a bit rep loss. But the outcome is their faction representative and contingency office shall migrate to the newly built much more comfortable headquarters. They even thanks you later, maybe.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Sat, 14. May 22, 21:48

Mikhaleech wrote:
Sat, 14. May 22, 20:28
There is a trick. Build them another base by design you like. With habitats and production modules.
AFAIK, Yaki as a faction are dysfunctional. They do not spawn "Build Us a Defense Station" mission (because they can not own a sector according to their faction settings) and they do not spawn "Build Us a Factory" missions (because these types of missions are spawned when AI finds out a shortage in production resources, but Yaki do not have production, hence, there will be never a situation to trigger this type of mission). And they do not build any stations on their own.

So, no. If Yaki lose their wharf, they are gone. (At least as of now).

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Sat, 14. May 22, 22:06

Alm888 wrote:
Sat, 14. May 22, 21:48
AFAIK, Yaki as a faction are dysfunctional. They do not spawn "Build Us a Defense Station" mission (because they can not own a sector according to their faction settings) and they do not spawn "Build Us a Factory" missions (because these types of missions are spawned when AI finds out a shortage in production resources, but Yaki do not have production, hence, there will be never a situation to trigger this type of mission). And they do not build any stations on their own.

So, no. If Yaki lose their wharf, they are gone. (At least as of now).
Pls see the post here on this page as of Wed, 11. May 22, 23:56.
Proof:
https://ibb.co/RS2dwkT
So you CAN build stations for Yaki. This is very hard but possible. The approach is all was explained here previously.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Sun, 15. May 22, 07:46

Mikhaleech wrote:
Sat, 14. May 22, 22:06
Pls see the post here on this page as of Wed, 11. May 22, 23:56.
There is no post with this date.

FYI, the date displayed is local, so it is wiser to throw a link to the post instead.
Mikhaleech wrote:
Sat, 14. May 22, 22:06
So you CAN build stations for Yaki. This is very hard but possible. The approach is all was explained here previously.
I believe you are referring to this post. Can not say I entierely understand the instructions. You are saying Yaki begin to spawn station-building missions if there are other factions' factories in the sector having some resource shortages, aren't you? Or, are there "defense station-building" missions if the sector is in "wrong hands" (is conquered by one of the enemy factions, AFAICA, Zyarth in your case)?

Either way, in my game session there are no split and I own the SS_I, M#79B and all of the TC, so no other faction is anywhere near (Antigone owns SS_II, but I do not want to give my space to them -- they would waste their fleets riding back and forth instead of fighting Terrans, plus, GF is in Protectorate's hands).

I'd say, no, the Yaki are extinct. We clearly have a "gameplay and story segregation" case at our hands here.

Mikhaleech
x4

Post by Mikhaleech » Sun, 15. May 22, 18:40

Alm888 wrote:
Sun, 15. May 22, 07:46
You are saying Yaki begin to spawn station-building missions if there are other factions' factories in the sector having some resource shortages, aren't you? Or, are there "defense station-building" missions if the sector is in "wrong hands" (is conquered by one of the enemy factions, AFAICA, Zyarth in your case)?
I didn't mentioned anything about product shortage, and there is no connection with enemy factions.
You simply need to Savage Spur I to be taken by any faction in order to get a missions to build another base for Yaki.
What you cannot do or don't want to do - is your personal behaviour. The question was: is Yaki a completely disfunctional with their backup base or not?
I have described the hint to recover them by building another facility's rich base and subsequently destroying their former base, forcing them to migrate.
To follow or not to follow - this is your own business. But it is possible.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”