Problems with Long Range Scanner in Avarice - Fix in a build after 5.10 HF3.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

keeshah
x4

Problems with Long Range Scanner in Avarice - Fix in a build after 5.10 HF3.

Post by keeshah » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 19:49

Hiho,
just checking, my long range scanner seems not to work in the system of avarice. Is this a mod conflict or intended?
Thanks in advance,
Keeshah.

VincentTH
x4

Re: Problems with Long Range Scanner in Avarice

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 21:02

My LRS works fine in Avarice, IIRC. Are you sure you are not using the LRS during the storm?

drowningfly
x4

Post by drowningfly » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 21:28

The visual effect for the LRS, where the two blue bars get closer together, has not been working in any system for me since 5.0 so I have to time it by audio alone (it was fine in the beta). I also have the same problem as you with the scanner not working at all in Avarice. It looks like it works, but the stations are not revealed on the map. This is not during the storm.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 22:03

drowningfly wrote:
Tue, 15. Mar 22, 21:28
The visual effect for the LRS, where the two blue bars get closer together, has not been working in any system for me since 5.0 so I have to time it by audio alone (it was fine in the beta). I also have the same problem as you with the scanner not working at all in Avarice. It looks like it works, but the stations are not revealed on the map. This is not during the storm.
Ah, you are right, I may have not paid enough attention!!!!

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 22:23

Yep, same here. No question marks on the map/gravidar when using long-range scanner in Avarice.

keeshah
x4

Post by keeshah » Wed, 16. Mar 22, 18:22

Hiho,
that helps a lot, thanks guys!
Cheers,
Keeshah.

loubert
x4

Post by loubert » Mon, 25. Jul 22, 00:03

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Tue, 15. Mar 22, 22:23
Yep, same here. No question marks on the map/gravidar when using long-range scanner in Avarice.
So, this is apparently still a thing. I am undoubtedly within scanning range of a pair of stations, almost within reveal range, and using my Long Range Scanner does not provide ?s on the map to mark the unknown stations.

I use no mods, have not ever, and this behavior persists through a reload of the game.

Here is a copy of my save. The player will load in facing the stations in question. A long range scan will not reveal the stations ahead: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dXwUCJ ... sp=sharing

If we could get some official word on whether this is intended or bugged, that'd be swell.

DocAce
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Problems with Long Range Scanner in Avarice - Devs are on the case.

Post by DocAce » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 10:39

Interestingly this had nothing to do with the gravidar-hiding regions, only stations with a Protectyon Shield Generator were affected. This will be fixed in a future update.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”