Acquire the Erlking?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

silentradios
x4

Re: Acquire the Erlking?

Post by silentradios » Sun, 27. Mar 22, 23:56

mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 27. Mar 22, 16:16
Genoscythe wrote:
Sun, 27. Mar 22, 15:18
HOWEVER, there are no vaults in Avarice V, instead they were located on these positions in avarice IV? I think the macro you used to map the sectors mixed something up. I have marked beacons as player owned in the save file (RIP unmodified game, will just play on earlier save), see the image.

https://imgur.com/a/7HUyGme
OMG, THANK YOU!

I've been satelite griding the Avarice V, like an idiot for last 2 hours, while in fact my last remaining vault was in Avarice IV.
Hrm, I hadn't actually gone after the vault in V/IV in my save because it was just the engine blueprint -- just did and you all are right (and reddit was wrong lol). It wasn't the macros just the friendly name mapping but anyway I've updated both the original and the new script to reflect the correct mapping. I'd like to know the real source for sector id to friendly name mapping...

Meseker

Post by Meseker » Wed, 30. Mar 22, 22:31

My savegame is from 5.0 and have all new sectors revealed, but the macro finds only 3 vaults in my save, is it borked? :(

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 08:08

How do I install the blueprints once I got them? I can't see them at any shipyard.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 08:12

This should be improved in 5.10 hopefully with the vaults pinging with long range scans I think.
dreamer2008 wrote:
Thu, 31. Mar 22, 08:08
How do I install the blueprints once I got them? I can't see them at any shipyard.
Once you have the blueprints you take the Erlking to either a XL Ship Building module or XL Maintenance module at a station you own. The blueprint for these modules cannot be hacked and must be purchased from a faction representative at a high cost.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 08:29

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 31. Mar 22, 08:12
This should be improved in 5.10 hopefully with the vaults pinging with long range scans I think.
dreamer2008 wrote:
Once you have the blueprints you take the Erlking to either a XL Ship Building module or XL Maintenance module at a station you own. The blueprint for these modules cannot be hacked and must be purchased from a faction representative at a high cost.
Ah, so I need my own Building Module. Okay, thank you. And that ping update would be immensely helpful to easier find the data vaults, its very hard right now.

Fantome_29
x4

Post by Fantome_29 » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 13:18

So far i found 4 among the 5 bp needed. Using the .bat i got for the last missing :

Avarice IV x=-183,46 y=41,49 z=-75,00 turret_pir_m_battleship_01_gatling_02_mk1 landmarks_erlking_vault_05_macro INN-693

So I went in Avarice IV, first searched by ship pattern : nothing found, then i spammed adevanced Sat to cover all the sector : https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=22/13/ozgv.png Still nothing

I see X and Z not being to hight so i guess it must be because Y=41 : @Egosoft HOW I'm SUPPOSED TO FIND THAT THING ??? :doh: :evil:

PS : Anyone, Which part of sector is [x<0 and z<0] : south west ?

EDIT : I found a way to finally reach that hidden vault :

First thing was to found one building coordinate in Avarice 4, I used Roguey map : https://www.zupimages.net/up/22/13/duqw.png
So now i do know one point in avarice, and i know where to go as i said above : (-184,41.5,-75). Coordinate of gate is (-153,0,65) so I've to do from the gate 31km toward -X / 41.5km toward +Y / 140km toward -Z. Axis -X/+X and -Z/+Z are on radar so I used it in that way :
  • At that point if im not wrong I'm at coordinate (-184,0,-75) allready covered by one advanced satellite and that bloody hidden vault must be 41.5 km just above. So move ~90° toward up (no Y axis on radar) and begin speed up : TADA very quickly i got the vault : https://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=22/13/3iwn.png
@Egosoft : :rant: :rant: :rant:

Candergart
x4

Post by Candergart » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 05:32

Comical that some have to resort to "cheating" (Reading the data from the save file) to be able to complete these tasks to get all 5 blueprints.
Is this an oversight by the devs or are we missing something?

I mean, These vaults are not scannable by the long range scanners and so far I have not found any method of finding them through missions.

That being said, I just found all of them within 30 minutes of searching without cheating and without using SETA.
I followed the advice of some other member here in the forums and got 20 Pegasus Sentinels, told them to explore system by system, spreading them out and then set the map filter to Data Vault and watched.

I found 3 vaults in Windfall III, 1 in Avarice IV and one in Avarice I.

Note, I put Argon Travel engines on the ships to make them super-fast.

Szines Geza
x4

Post by Szines Geza » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 10:44

dreamer2008 wrote:
How did you get the blueprints?
I can see that it needs to be developed, but how do I start that process?

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 11:02

Szines Geza wrote:
Sun, 3. Apr 22, 10:44
You have to find 5 data vaults within Windfall and Avarice. For me they were all 'easiely' found with in the original bounderies of those sectors (through satelite coverage).
No mission, no guidance, currently not even a 'ping' on the long range scanner (though that seemed a bugged and might be changed in the upcomming patch 5.10).
With the found blueprints you can equip the ship - but only on your own XL-facilities (shipyard, equipement dock).
'Research' is (supposedly) only needed to get a replacement, once your Earlking was destroyed.

Szines Geza
x4

Post by Szines Geza » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 15:03

DanKara wrote:
Sun, 3. Apr 22, 11:02
Szines Geza wrote:
Sun, 3. Apr 22, 10:44
'Research' is (supposedly) only needed to get a replacement, once your Earlking was destroyed.
Ohhh. So only one piece can exist in the whole universe!?!!
I was hoping to build a fleet of them. :)

Sandtrooper

Post by Sandtrooper » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 17:33

Curious -
With those afterthought Erlking turret blue prints in data vaults as an example:
How exactly does a hot fix actually update your save file? The save is loaded AFTER the hotfix is installed so, how can omissions such as those two offending data vaults magically appear AFTER loading a saved game? The additional sectors were 'mapped' into fixed locations within the game but yet the data vaults... :rant:

Incidentally, a purple ring or ping sound is NOT how to locate things reliably - good old Egotrauma as per usual. Select your #3 mode for LRS and fire it off as usual but then go to map/personal record (bottom of the list on left side) and look there. If within range, they'll appear there. It's strange how anomalies and data vaults remain as 'unknown contacts' long AFTER learning what they are by discovering, scanning and even opening vaults or travelling through the anomalies. It'd be nice if we could rename the nav beacons and so, indicate an anomaly to where it leads.

Side notes -
Contradiction: Why do we have sound effects in space? It's a vacuum where sound waves cannot be conducted. :gruebel:
DEvolution of technology: Ship speeds are 'metres per second' yet 20th century aircraft (including many turboprops) in Earth's atmosphere travel faster. :!:
Similarly, workbench modifications to reduce 'drag' on SPACE ships travelling in the vacuum of space...?
Accepted: Thrusters can offset inertia to give similar characteristics to atmospheric flight so, that one is excusable. 8)
The ability to destroy a wallet is insignificant next to the power of a growing collection.

paiku
x4

Post by paiku » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 20:34

Found 4/5 myself but could not get the last one. I mean it should atleast not be possible to have more than one in a sector. The fifth i found with the script ( thanks alot ). It was in avarice I, where i allready found another data vault. But like x=250km y=-6km z=-420 km. Pretty brutal to find.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 22:05

oddgit wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 18:27
Berhg right? Boso, the anti war guy was like, yeah, go steal that, by force. haha

I was hoping for some sort of storyline related to it.
The Boron was called a criminal, what makes you think he is an anti-war guy :-)

Thomasbirn
x4

Post by Thomasbirn » Tue, 5. Apr 22, 14:55

Sandtrooper wrote:
Sun, 3. Apr 22, 17:33
Curious -
With those afterthought Erlking turret blue prints in data vaults as an example:
How exactly does a hot fix actually update your save file? The save is loaded AFTER the hotfix is installed so, how can omissions such as those two offending data vaults magically appear AFTER loading a saved game? The additional sectors were 'mapped' into fixed locations within the game but yet the data vaults... :rant:

Incidentally, a purple ring or ping sound is NOT how to locate things reliably - good old Egotrauma as per usual. Select your #3 mode for LRS and fire it off as usual but then go to map/personal record (bottom of the list on left side) and look there. If within range, they'll appear there. It's strange how anomalies and data vaults remain as 'unknown contacts' long AFTER learning what they are by discovering, scanning and even opening vaults or travelling through the anomalies. It'd be nice if we could rename the nav beacons and so, indicate an anomaly to where it leads.

Side notes -
Contradiction: Why do we have sound effects in space? It's a vacuum where sound waves cannot be conducted. :gruebel:
DEvolution of technology: Ship speeds are 'metres per second' yet 20th century aircraft (including many turboprops) in Earth's atmosphere travel faster. :!:
Similarly, workbench modifications to reduce 'drag' on SPACE ships travelling in the vacuum of space...?
Accepted: Thrusters can offset inertia to give similar characteristics to atmospheric flight so, that one is excusable. 8)
Hello if you want so much realism, why do you play a Sifi game?

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Tue, 5. Apr 22, 17:47

Sandtrooper wrote:
Sun, 3. Apr 22, 17:33
It'd be nice if we could rename the nav beacons and so, indicate an anomaly to where it leads.
You can't rightclick on them to rename.
However, you can left click on them, open the info menu (the "i" icon left or right on the map) and there you have a text field "Name" to rename them. Enjoy! :)
Why do we have sound effects in space? It's a vacuum where sound waves cannot be conducted.
Because the game is primarily about having fun, not everyone would enjoy silence, even if it was more realistic. I could ask back : Why do we have music in any game? Is there always someone with a radio right behind us, playing music and changing the radio channels in order to match our current situation and location? I'm just kidding, of course. :)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 7. Apr 22, 11:32

Berhg wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 23:21
Goddam... I'm getting bitter over this thing about the davs gating the new Battleship behind one of the activities in X4 which I despise. I need to try to calm down... :lol:
Vault hunt can be here or there, but this:
Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 17. Mar 22, 21:40
... and then use your own XL maintenance or ship building facility to finish it.
How one is supposed to commandeer one of those station modules? Can't steal, can't hack, can't board. :headbang:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 7. Apr 22, 12:30

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 7. Apr 22, 11:32
How one is supposed to commandeer one of those station modules? Can't steal, can't hack, can't board.
Buy it with a lot of credits! Erlking is the ultimate battleship for a reason.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 7. Apr 22, 12:46

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 7. Apr 22, 12:30
Buy it with a lot of credits! Erlking is the ultimate battleship for a reason.
Arr, you want me to hand my hard earned pennies to those hostile gubbermints?
No ship is worth my freedom. :pirat:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Rezedent
x4

Post by Rezedent » Thu, 7. Apr 22, 13:54

Pesanur wrote:
Thu, 24. Mar 22, 18:08
Mikhaleech wrote:
Wed, 23. Mar 22, 17:04
Ok Gentlements, instead of ridicoulous method, provided by Egosoft, here is a quick workaround to easy find all Erlking's Data Vaults:

Step 1. Temporarily turn off Steam Cloud sync in Steam properties. You may switch it on later.
Step 2. Temporarily turn off savegame compression in X4 game properties. You may switch it on later.
Step 3. Save your game in any slot, copy it somewhere for insurance. Quit the game.
Step 4. Download and install Notepad++ (if you didnt have it yet) or other more powerful XML edit program.
Step 5. Find and open with Notepad++ your savegame file. Usually it is located here - C:\Users\YOURNAME\OneDrive\Documents\Egosoft\X4\68221126\save
Step 6. Now sequentially find and fix all 5 strings with Erlking Vaults locations, to do so:
A. ctrl+F - find "landmarks_erlking_vault_01_macro". The first string shall be like this:
<component class="object" macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_01_macro" connection="space" code="BXD-821" owner="ownerless" knownto="player" id="[0x81bda]">
B. REPLACE in this string owner="ownerless" to owner="player"
C. Repeat the same operation with all subsequent strings from macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_01_macro" to macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_05_macro", where you should find and replace the owner for all numbers of vault_01, vault_02, etc.
Step 7. Dont forget to save the edited file. Then run the X4 game, load your edited savegame file.
Step 8. Open the map, position the view over new Avarice and Windfall sectors and type in the Search box (right upper corner of window) the word "data"
Step 9. PROFIT! All blueprints shall be added to you right after you fly near data vaults that deemed now as your property.

Yes this surgical operation shall mark your savegame as modified. I suppose the game verify a checksum. In that case consider to have two saves in different slots and simply remember or take a screenshot of vaults positions, then load clean save after and find them manually in all already known locations.
Thanks for the tip. I really appreciate it, as I was unable to found the two turrets BP vaults, but a small correction, vault's that have not yet been found, don't have the owner="ownerless" knownto="player" string, so you need to add it.
I can only find blueprints erlking_blueprint_1 to 3, but not 4 and 5

<component class="object" macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_04_macro" connection="space" code="MUD-438" id="[0x2159c]">

<component class="object" macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_05_macro" connection="space" code="IYD-215" knownto="player" id="[0x21580]">

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Thu, 7. Apr 22, 18:33

Rezedent wrote:
Thu, 7. Apr 22, 13:54
Pesanur wrote:
Thu, 24. Mar 22, 18:08
Mikhaleech wrote:
Wed, 23. Mar 22, 17:04
Ok Gentlements, instead of ridicoulous method, provided by Egosoft, here is a quick workaround to easy find all Erlking's Data Vaults:

Step 1. Temporarily turn off Steam Cloud sync in Steam properties. You may switch it on later.
Step 2. Temporarily turn off savegame compression in X4 game properties. You may switch it on later.
Step 3. Save your game in any slot, copy it somewhere for insurance. Quit the game.
Step 4. Download and install Notepad++ (if you didnt have it yet) or other more powerful XML edit program.
Step 5. Find and open with Notepad++ your savegame file. Usually it is located here - C:\Users\YOURNAME\OneDrive\Documents\Egosoft\X4\68221126\save
Step 6. Now sequentially find and fix all 5 strings with Erlking Vaults locations, to do so:
A. ctrl+F - find "landmarks_erlking_vault_01_macro". The first string shall be like this:
<component class="object" macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_01_macro" connection="space" code="BXD-821" owner="ownerless" knownto="player" id="[0x81bda]">
B. REPLACE in this string owner="ownerless" to owner="player"
C. Repeat the same operation with all subsequent strings from macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_01_macro" to macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_05_macro", where you should find and replace the owner for all numbers of vault_01, vault_02, etc.
Step 7. Dont forget to save the edited file. Then run the X4 game, load your edited savegame file.
Step 8. Open the map, position the view over new Avarice and Windfall sectors and type in the Search box (right upper corner of window) the word "data"
Step 9. PROFIT! All blueprints shall be added to you right after you fly near data vaults that deemed now as your property.

Yes this surgical operation shall mark your savegame as modified. I suppose the game verify a checksum. In that case consider to have two saves in different slots and simply remember or take a screenshot of vaults positions, then load clean save after and find them manually in all already known locations.
Thanks for the tip. I really appreciate it, as I was unable to found the two turrets BP vaults, but a small correction, vault's that have not yet been found, don't have the owner="ownerless" knownto="player" string, so you need to add it.
I can only find blueprints erlking_blueprint_1 to 3, but not 4 and 5

<component class="object" macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_04_macro" connection="space" code="MUD-438" id="[0x2159c]">

<component class="object" macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_05_macro" connection="space" code="IYD-215" knownto="player" id="[0x21580]">
Save your game in two different slots, then edit one of the savegames and change the two vault entries to the next:

Code: Select all

<component class="object" macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_04_macro" connection="space" code="MUD-438" owner="player" knownto="player" id="[0x2159c]"> 
<component class="object" macro="landmarks_erlking_vault_05_macro" connection="space" code="IYD-215" owner="player" knownto="player" id="[0x21580]">
Load the modified savegame, open the map, and in the search box put "vault". Both of the missing vaults are to appear in the map. Take a screenshoot of the locations, load the unmodified savegame, and claim your prize.

PD. All the credits for Mikhaleech, who give us the original tip.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”