a way to get a second erlking?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palm911
x4

a way to get a second erlking?

Post by palm911 » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 17:17

just wondering what would happen if you sell the erlking,

will it trigger the ability or quest to get the new one? allowing it to capture the first one too?

i have not tried, but i could see the option to see the one i have.
X gamer , one at a time.

TheShear
x4

Re: a way to get a second erlking?

Post by TheShear » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 18:21

Hmm ... Boso's Dialog in the Files do implies we get a Blueprint but that Dialog isn't playing. Not sure if that bit was cut.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 18:53

Blueprint is rewarded. Just you need the power core technology to build exactly 1, after which the technology is removed. Blueprint is permanent on acquiring the Erlking. Power core technology is only unlocked upon Erlking destruction.

Ideally what should happen is that once the ship despawns/is recycled after selling it you can research the power core retrieval and build another. Until the ship is effectively destroyed the player must not be able to research the power core or build another as otherwise that would open up an exploit allowing the player to own multiple Erlking ships.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 21:54

i am tempted to try lol .

owning two , aint goiung to break the balance either lol
X gamer , one at a time.

TheShear
x4

Post by TheShear » Mon, 21. Mar 22, 23:40

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 18:53
Blueprint is rewarded. Just you need the power core technology to build exactly 1, after which the technology is removed. Blueprint is permanent on acquiring the Erlking. Power core technology is only unlocked upon Erlking destruction.

Ideally what should happen is that once the ship despawns/is recycled after selling it you can research the power core retrieval and build another. Until the ship is effectively destroyed the player must not be able to research the power core or build another as otherwise that would open up an exploit allowing the player to own multiple Erlking ships.
Ah I understand, so we are only supposed to have one but we have a way to at least Rebuild the thing in case of Brainfart.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 00:09

TheShear wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 23:40
Ah I understand, so we are only supposed to have one but we have a way to at least Rebuild the thing in case of Brainfart.
Yes.

They also thought of this with the Astra. Should you go against the twins and lose one or both Astra, the Northriver twins respawn with them for you to claim again.

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Tue, 22. Mar 22, 14:41

palm911 wrote:
Mon, 21. Mar 22, 21:54
i am tempted to try lol .

owning two , aint goiung to break the balance either lol
Hmmm doesn't work for me :oops:

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sun, 28. Aug 22, 00:20

I have two erlkings in my non modified playthrough. I boarded the original and sometime after completing all the plots, boso randomly messages me about the powercore research being complete. I was able to build an additional erlking. So you can get two, you just have to board and not destroy the one in syndicate space.

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Sun, 28. Aug 22, 17:01

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Sun, 28. Aug 22, 00:20
I have two erlkings in my non modified playthrough. I boarded the original and sometime after completing all the plots, boso randomly messages me about the powercore research being complete. I was able to build an additional erlking. So you can get two, you just have to board and not destroy the one in syndicate space.
How did you get the second one exactly? The first Erlking near the VIG "Keepsafe" is supposed to be boarded by you. But this means no power core research for you until the first gets destroyed.
Please teach me, I want to get a second one too :twisted:
If you cannot say puclicly, can you pm me then?

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 29. Aug 22, 07:52

Caedes91 wrote:
Sun, 28. Aug 22, 17:01
If you cannot say puclicly, can you pm me then?
Lol, we're in the spoilers forum, he should be able to say publicly.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 29. Aug 22, 09:05

That would be a bug. The power core research requires the Erlking to be destroyed. The intended behaviour is that after boarding the VIG Erlking so that you now control the only Erlking and then you proceed to lose that Erlking, somehow, then the research becomes available and you can build another. The research should never become available as long as an Erlking exists.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 29. Aug 22, 15:54

You can't capture sold ships anymore, they are "impossible" difficulty like the ones added in missions. So even if you could build another while it lived it probably wouldn't let you get two.
***modified***

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Mon, 29. Aug 22, 17:57

Someone on reddit managed to get the second Erlking on vanilla:

https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... d_vanilla/

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Tue, 30. Aug 22, 07:21

I boarded the erlking in keepsafe, it was never destroyed. I didnt get the option to research the powercore, I just randomly got it completed some time later. I built the second erlking while already having the first in service. I got a message from boso that the research was completed after completing the paranid plot, which in this playthrough I did after getting the first erlking, and also the final plot to be finished out of the lot.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”