I got 2 Astrids. Did I mess up anything plot-wise?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

I got 2 Astrids. Did I mess up anything plot-wise?

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 30. Mar 22, 21:21

After I had Boso hack the condensate storage from the twins, I quickly hopped in my nearby Katana and shot up the 1st Astrid that tried to flee, forcing it to bail. I then shot up the 2nd Astrid until it bailed too. The 1st Astrid that bailed had no destroyed equipment, but the 2nd bailed Astrid had almost all equipment destroyed, and I can't see any way to fix or replace the equipment with other race items.

Does the plot assume that I shoot up the Astrid that did not flee, and I am supposed to interact with the twins at some future point in their remaining Astrid? I tried to kill their escape pods, but they proved to be invulnerable.

As25
x4

Re: I got 2 Astrids. Did I mess up anything plot-wise?

Post by As25 » Wed, 30. Mar 22, 22:51

I tried to do what you did, but the second Astrid wasn't bailing for me and I wasn't going to sit there for half an hour trying, so I just destroyed it (kept the first one, of course). Take your second Astrid to a wharf and see if repearing it somehow brings back it's equipment. If not, I'm pretty sure there is no way for you to equip it.

As for the plot. Only one of the escape pods was invulnerable for me (don't remember which one) and since I straight up killed one of the twins I doubt there is more to the plot other than one final speach with the Teladi at your HQ. Funny thing is that I did the other route first but felt bad after killing the Teladi and reloaded. In this route he's supposed to leave after a speach and while he does get back to his ship, he just sits there, without undocking or talking. He was straight up taking an M slot at my HQ until he got sent into the hangar/storage. Now he's just stuck there in that box for all eternity. Maybe the other route was a better fate.

Genoscythe
x4

Post by Genoscythe » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 01:59

I tried the same, second astrid would not bail and got destroyed. I think you did everything right :D

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 08:17

This should be fixed with 5.10 with the Astrid equipment not being destroyed when the Northriver flying it bails. I do not know if this will apply to Astrids already in this state or only new Astrids.

It is completely possible and intended that the player can get 2 Astrids, representing the personal ships of each Northriver twin. If you go against Northriver the first one is pretty much free due to Boso's hack. However the other one must be bailed like a normal ship. Due to the Northriver twins being very skilled pilots this might take significant time and effort.

darkstar12
x4

Post by darkstar12 » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 11:38

If your game still have the VIG wharf you can equip the equipment on the astrid there
And so it Begins.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 2. Apr 22, 06:50

The beta fixed my 2nd Astrid, now both are fully equipped. I wonder if the beta made it so that the 2nd Astrid now no longer bails?

As to the VIG wharf, I am now -30 with them, so I won't be stopping by there anytime soon!

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Wed, 6. Apr 22, 02:18

Take the damaged Astrid to a dock. Then From the pre-select configuration dropdown choose "Default" and accept. It will allow you to repair the damaged equipment.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 6. Apr 22, 07:06

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 2. Apr 22, 06:50
The beta fixed my 2nd Astrid, now both are fully equipped. I wonder if the beta made it so that the 2nd Astrid now no longer bails?
From what I could tell it is entirely intended that the player can own 2 Astrids, and they will even respawn if destroyed. It is not intended for the player to start to accumulate a vast fleet of Astrids.
BelatedHero wrote:
Wed, 6. Apr 22, 02:18
Take the damaged Astrid to a dock. Then From the pre-select configuration dropdown choose "Default" and accept. It will allow you to repair the damaged equipment.
This probably requires the 5.10 beta or later.

mskyweb
x4

Post by mskyweb » Sun, 10. Jul 22, 01:09

I got 1 Astrid. The second one still sits in Leap of Faith with no crew on board and no way to claim it. It also can not be turned hostile or destroyed. I also have a few NPC ships floating around the Leap of Faith. I might have brought them there when teleporting my HQ as they could have been docked at HQ at that point. They no longer dock and answer 'I have no idea' to a question of how to get to a Shipyard.
As I teleported my HQ to LoF 3 or 4 times and even built a Defence Platform claimingh the sector, I brought about 12 ships of different races there and they are all stuck there now. I suspect, not having a jumpgate creates lots of unintended issues.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”