Got an achievement: But what happened?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

/root
x4

Got an achievement: But what happened?

Post by /root » Fri, 8. Apr 22, 17:48

It's rather common for me to miss a lot of plot dialogue in X4. It happens all the time - some pilot cuts my current plot dialogue short by sending a pointless "Awaiting orders!", just because he finished the last task from a list that I created long ago. Or there's some other ship that just found a crate or abandoned ship or whatever petty issue they currently have.

Well, I don't suppose there's a way around that..? Mostly I already got the basic idea of the conversation, but sometimes I seem to miss stuff completely..? Like when I got the achievement "A Glimpse of Home". I was unaware that I did anything when I suddenly get Boso Ta on the comms, thanking me for something - I didn't understand what he was talking about.

But then there's an achievement and I look at my GOG Galaxy's timeline and it reads "Help Boso observe the Great Reef Nebula". Errr, I did what? Was there any request for me to do something? What did I do? I got this message with no context at all while approaching the Torus fragment in that other (I guess unrelated) plot..?

The achievement description doesn't tell me much either. Can anyone here give me a rundown on what happened and how it started, so I may enjoy the task and dialogue on my next new game? TIA :)

Is there a more comprehensive list for the X4 achievments? If not maybe this thread can become one... :gruebel:

DanKara
x4

Re: Got an achievement: But what happened?

Post by DanKara » Sat, 9. Apr 22, 04:44

/root wrote:
Fri, 8. Apr 22, 17:48
... Like when I got the achievement "A Glimpse of Home". I was unaware that I did anything when I suddenly get Boso Ta on the comms, thanking me for something - I didn't understand what he was talking about...
Is there a more comprehensive list for the X4 achievments? If not maybe this thread can become one... :gruebel:
I think with 3.0/CoH Boso had set up another experiment / main mission about some astronomical observation. That mission awards the achievement 'A glimpse of Home' and at the same time makes you aware of the OBERTH and the PIO-Plot.

Also... seen this STEAM achievement guide ?

/root
x4

Re: Got an achievement: But what happened?

Post by /root » Thu, 12. May 22, 11:37

Arr, sorry for the late reply - but big thanks nonetheless @DanKara for the hint 8)

Nah, had not discovered that guide on Steam. Handy, that! Ty!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”