Tides of avarice start with custom game

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pouet007
x4

Tides of avarice start with custom game

Post by pouet007 » Mon, 18. Apr 22, 14:48

Hello,

I started a new custom game with the objective to skip the early HQ quest, so I already have the HQ with boso, I finished the hatikvah plot so I also have the human dude in my HQ. I found the teladi merchant small quest, I've been progressing that (I don't know if I've finished this quest, I've helped him negotiate and I sold some energy cells), but I can't find the main DLC quest. I've found and traveled in the new sectors, and supposedly there's a cutscene to start the main tides of avarice quest when you enter windfall 1, but I didn't get that.

Is there something more to do before I can begin the quest?

Thanks!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Tides of avarice start with custom game

Post by Nanook » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 01:04

You need an illegal item of some sort in your possession when you enter Windfall I. It can be some illegal ware, such as spaceweed, or an inventory item, such as an unstable crystal or spacefly egg.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

pouet007
x4

Post by pouet007 » Wed, 20. Apr 22, 18:03

Thank you for your answer. So I progressed in the game, and I think the teladi merchant plot, with the twins and all, is the main plot of tides of avarice right? If so, I completed it. As for the illegal ware, it's the maestro plot, I did it as a start but I don't want to do it again in this playthrough.

I still have a question though: looking for ways to start the quest on youtube, I found out about a quest "stealing water", which is the one I was referencing in my first post. How do you start that one? The video said jut to travel around the windfall sectors, but I never got it.

Does you know how to get that one?

Thanks!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 20. Apr 22, 18:23

You should get the Avarice plotline start when you first enter Windfall III The Hoard. You should hear some conversation that leads to a battle between a RIP freighter and several Vig fighters. Help the freighter and you'll start the plot. If you skipped or ignored that the first time you entered, you could try entering Avarice, at which point you may get a cut scene and a request for help. Those are the only triggers I'm aware of so if that doesn't work, I don't know.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”