QUESTION: Can I cutoff the Xenon supply lines or is there an algorithm ??

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

camshaft97
x4

QUESTION: Can I cutoff the Xenon supply lines or is there an algorithm ??

Post by camshaft97 » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 17:07

Game Start: Young Gun
Unmodified

Awhile back, I had some success clearing the Xenon from a couple sectors by cutting off the entrance/exit ('Scale Plate' sectors, I think?). This seemed to slowly starve them of power, making them weaker; It took longer, but I was able to destroy each station easier than just-plain brute-force open-war upon first entering the sector.
...At least, it seemed that way...

But now, I'm in one of the Ianamus Zura sectors(with that huge Teladi trading station), adjacent to a "Matrix" something-or-other sector, and I've blockaded all 3 jump-gates, But they just keep coming from that Matrix sector. I recently saw something like 4-5 K-destroyers with raiding parties, destroyed with help from the Teladi. None of the Xenon left the sector, but alittle later, here comes 3-4 more K-destroyers and a huge fleet of raiders. This has gone on for several hours of game play.

Is it possible to cut-off their supply lines ? Or is there an algorithm that gives them resources ?

Also, I guess there's no way to coordinate an invasion with the Teladi to be a synchronized invasion ? Meaning, I've had some success because the Teladi are there, this is their sector, but if they move into the Matrix sector without me, they die w/in minutes. If I do the same, my ships die w/in seconds.

fun stuff,
-Cam

Raptor34
x4

Re: QUESTION: Can I cutoff the Xenon supply lines or is there an algorithm ??

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 17:44

Xenon only need Ore/Silicon/Energy cells.
So you aren't actually blocking any supply lines because most of their sectors have all they need in it.
Go in and snipe their Mining Ships and Power Distribution ships if you want to actually kill their supply.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 21:54

Also, once you start clearing out Xenon areas of the map, the ones that are left seem to become far more productive of invasion fleets and seem to try to expand rather more aggressively. I think there may be overall caps in Xenon station and capital building and, as you remove them from their other areas, their remaining areas are able to build more assets.

That's just a theory based on in-game observation as I deliberately avoid delving into the code with the risk of getting too much info about the mechanics and spoiling the immersion and 'surprise' factors.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 25. Apr 22, 22:56

Since 5.00 the xenon seem highly intent on killing themselves. You end up with 1 sector well defended and the rest literally die out. At least in my experience.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”