the curs quest the third way!!!!

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palm911
x4

the curs quest the third way!!!!

Post by palm911 » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 05:06

from the finder of how to cap the aran, here comes another small and hopefully usefull guide, for you , a collector of rare ships!....

we know of 2 ways to end the quest, in one you keep the raven in the other you get a rep increase with min and a falcon. bah...

apparently there is a third way, (maybe not intended one) a quite interesting one, the reward is
Spoiler
Show
the empirean endeavor! itself with all of its crew!!!
also the iron pelican (the transport you get when you board it) you can keep it by boarding it again!, once the ship is delivered, use your marines to capture it again!
Spoiler
Show
it comes with a price tag tho,

i am trying to see how to keep the raven prototype too,,, ,,(experimenting, apparently you can get everything)

the bad thing is you get maestro sitting on the ship forever, and everytime you talk to him, he says how awfull and untruthful you are,

how to get it?

final battle, when you pick up his brother, bring a good corvette, you will need to get rid of all the ministry of finance ships, so only you , the rolling rock (min destroyer) and the empyrian endevour is there,

after you head out in the raven, call in a ship and teleport to it, bring a pilot and tell the pilot to go be captain of the raven , place the raven at neaerst station (docked) .

now the tricky part, if you do not sport really high reputation with the ministry , what you need to do is to bring down the shields and have the endevour destroy the targets (no rep hit) the idea is that you need to make sure you keep docking rights with MIN, otherwise this will not work, once all the helpers are dealt, deliver the raven to the destroyer , then you get the quest to destroy the engines,
i am good at finding ways to get things you are not supposed to get lol.

i have two elrkings , did you guys noticed tge earking sports the largest transport cargo hold of any ship?
X gamer , one at a time.

DanKara
x4

Re: the curs quest the third way!!!!

Post by DanKara » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 06:01

palm911 wrote:
Fri, 29. Apr 22, 05:06
Spoiler
Show
the empirean endeavor! itself with all of its crew!!!
Were you able to keep that ship longtime?

In my game i tried nearly a dozen times to keep it (in 5.0, ministry branch). After ca. 10 minutes the ship got destroyed regardles of my actions. No enemy around, no shooting, no warnings, no danger of any kind. I think, the ship got removed as a 'Clean Up' by the game itself.
Best outcome was to sell its equipement & stuff.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 07:02

just hold on, i am not done with it yet, :) experimenting....

i was able to solve the issue of the raven (is a keeper)

i am running out of ideas,,.... the ship itself is a nice to have one for sure, the gains is you get a really good group staff you can move to another ships, and you can keep the raven, i guess we can squeeze some extra money from it. and sell it..

i tried to pilot it, and it blows up with you inside, once timer is done. :(

if anyone got any ideas how to save the ship, :) i am all ears!
X gamer , one at a time.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 07:55

palm911 wrote:
Fri, 29. Apr 22, 07:02
i was able to solve the issue of the raven (is a keeper)
How do you keep the 'Raven Prototype' in the Ministry-branch? Or get the ArcadianEndevour in the Cur-branch?

Later on, you will see regular 'Raven' flying around (I think these are identical in all but name with the Prototype.)

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 08:12

step by step

1. go flying the prototype , and choose the MIN. (dock at destroyer)
2. do not talk to the min girl, just take the ship and look for any other ship (a ship with a landing pad , from another faction with good standing)
3. go talk to the girl using another ship.
4. as soon as you talk to the girl, ship will turn into MIN faction, but will remain where you park it
5. board the ship where the prototype is
6. win.

using this branch you get , the prototype, about 12 million credits (selling of the ship), a falcon vanguard, and a full set of curs including a 5 star pilot! and other high end personel,( and the feeling you are a monster)

AND IF you kill ace, you get 1 exceptional hull mod, 1 exceptional shield , and 1 exceptional engine i think, (from his ship)
X gamer , one at a time.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 08:41

palm911 wrote:
Fri, 29. Apr 22, 08:12
2. do not talk to the min girl, just take the ship and look for any other ship (a ship with a landing pad , from another faction with good standing)
3. go talk to the girl using another ship.
AND IF you kill ace, you get 1 exceptional hull mod, 1 exceptional shield , and 1 exceptional engine i think, (from his ship)
Hahaha ... just another loophole. Good find! (Can't you just teleport back aboard that MIN-L?)
Ace is not flying the MinoR, if you helped Axiom beforehand. Don't think his s-trader is modded too.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 08:44

i ended up helping the paranid hacker instead,

his ship has 3 mods on it, (i was able to salvage those when i killed ACE,

i dont think you can get the endevour from the curs side,

i am guessing the ship gets destroyed?

i have a save just before capturing the endevour,

is anyone has any clues on how to cancel its self destruction, it will be great!
X gamer , one at a time.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 20:33

IF you take the go with the MIN part, as explained in this thread)

you can get.

1, raven prototype.
2. all the curs NPC that are on that ship,
3. 5 star pilot (with 5 star morale)
4. a falcon vanguard.
5. 3 purple mods (by killing ACE)

6. you can get the iron pelican as well and keep it, (you need to board it twice).

about 12m credits by selling the ship before it is destroyed.

you can RP , saying to yourself you saved all the curs from his leadership and they now serve you.

any questions i am more tan willing to answer them.

i have been unable to find a way to save the ship itself.

i am now doing the Avarice quest to see if i can get some extras XD
X gamer , one at a time.

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Sun, 25. Jun 23, 20:36

guess this method got patched out? or has anyone had luck claiming the barbosa afterwords, didnt find a signal leak or any ability to claim if i sided against the Curs, figure i would post here rather then starting a new thread since its relevant to this topic, and this is the topic that comes up in google searches.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sat, 8. Jul 23, 01:27

i have no idea if that has been patched.

check the ship ownership first, does it say any owner?

if it shows not claimed, look for the signal, or maybe send a marine to claim it. (cant recall its been too long))
X gamer , one at a time.

lampacz
x4

Post by lampacz » Mon, 17. Jul 23, 16:42

Seems that both ships are unboardable - Impossible

After sided with MIN, possible to destroy ArcadianEndevour without penalty (civilian ship)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”