What are the rewards and consequences for the choices in the Curs storyline?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raptor34
x4

What are the rewards and consequences for the choices in the Curs storyline?

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 1. May 22, 06:31

I've done the second set of missions which includes the ship boarding and Phoenix dancing, so I figure I'm approaching the endgame now.
What are the differences between the 2 choices?

palm911
x4

Re: What are the rewards and consequences for the choices in the Curs storyline?

Post by palm911 » Sun, 1. May 22, 08:10

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=447568

going with min can be so much more profitable.

this quest was actually more like a tutorial for piracy but doing it right, will net you some great rewaurds...

i dont think there are consequences,. or big ones.
X gamer , one at a time.

Baddieus
x4

Re: What are the rewards and consequences for the choices in the Curs storyline?

Post by Baddieus » Sun, 8. May 22, 00:24

I recently ran through these different endings in a vanilla game.

Helping the Curs all the way has a special ship at the end, which if you are in early game is a handy ship to have indeed. (Teladi Raven)
If you betray the Curs at the end you'll get a Falcon with a Ministry paint skin on it, which does look cool, if you like flying a Teladi Falcon.

For an early game pirate start either ship or path is worth the effort to get you going, but for a late game you can likely ignore this plot-line.

=Baddieus=

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sun, 8. May 22, 06:40

you can have raven and the falcon, and a full team of high end ship crew :)

not the intended way of course. but hey. why not?
X gamer , one at a time.

thomasbkdk
x4

Post by thomasbkdk » Sat, 13. Jan 24, 08:57

Sorry for reigniting this old thread.

Siding with the curs does that change anything afterwards?
I mean do they become something like BUC or SCA that can have benefits dealing with?
AMD 3700X|GSKILL 2x16GB 3600C17|MSI X570 UNIFY|MSI RX 6800|SAMSUNG NVME 990 PRO|RAZER TARTARUS PRO|AOC AGON AG273QX 2560x1440@165|STREAM DECK XL+PEDAL|CORSAIR K95 PLATINUM RGB

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Sat, 13. Jan 24, 13:23

I mean do they become something like BUC or SCA that can have benefits dealing with?
Nope, but it does cause a MIN destroyer to always turn hostile when the player gets in radar range.

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Tue, 16. Jan 24, 23:28

Baddieus wrote:
Sat, 13. Jan 24, 13:23
Nope, but it does cause a MIN destroyer to always turn hostile when the player gets in radar range.
Really? Not in my game. I can freely fly right next of MIN destroyer (e.g. tested with 1 located in Memory of Profit X) and scan it without making them hostile.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Wed, 17. Jan 24, 00:03

I can freely fly right next of MIN destroyer
During the Curs plot there is one specific MIN destroyer that goes hostile, and if you get near that one again it should go hostile again until it cools-down.
It might not stay in 18 Billion, as I've seen it in other sectors and it went hostile when I got to close, but not when my auto-traders were in range .. just me.

=Baddieus=

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 17. Jan 24, 08:38

I take the hostility of that particular Phoenix as a sign that it should be mine. And so it becomes. :pirat: :eg:

Oh, and it does seem to follow me around, just begging to be taken. :twisted:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Wed, 17. Jan 24, 18:09

Maybe I "accidently" made that specific Phoenix dissapear whan I was playing with my Asgard in 18 Billion during the plot :gruebel:
Oh well... Crap happens when too excited :P

Silphion
x4

Post by Silphion » Sun, 28. Jan 24, 18:51

An additional reward for helping the Curs is you get new body Modification options to hide your cargo. This is ideal for your traders and smugglers, as it prevents pirate and police harassment alike.
--Silphion

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”