Paranid plot choices and options?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raptor34
x4

Paranid plot choices and options?

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 3. May 22, 12:47

From what I understand there are 2 main endings to the Par plot which is determined by bombing or not the new Pontifex.

Option 1:
Status Quo.
Duke's Buccaneers as a new faction. Are they a full faction like the Argon? Or are they more like the HAT? Also given to understand they sell Prometheus BPs. Also they take Nopelios Fortune as their sector.

Option 2:
Unification of Paranids into TRI. Peace with all but can choose for them to go to war. War is permanent choice?
New faction Tempest. They are pirates? Like SCA? What kind of faction are they?

Option 3? Did I miss anything? Just in case.

Bonus: Is there anything I need to be aware of? Like how I understand that the Split plot has one of the endings makes you hostile to the new faction and you need to rebuild rep manually.
Any particularly annoying missions?

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Paranid plot choices and options?

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 3. May 22, 16:59

Main disadvantage of the unification ending is that it removes all the relevant war guilds from the game. Since such missions are a significant source of ship mods & high level training seminars I tend to do go for option 1 instead.

However the unification branch of the plot, if left incomplete, can be used to bring an end to the Paranid civil war, while keeping the HOP v ARG/ANT war going. Indeed that war tends to heat up a bit since HOP can divert forces that would otherwise be fighting the civil war & will now trade with PAR, providing access to additional resources. This also keeps all of the war guilds operational, including the Paranid civil war ones - presumably both Paranid factions still appreciate having the services of a deniable 3rd party to do all their dirty work, even if the civil war is officially over.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 3. May 22, 17:21

There is that, but there are also other reasons I'm planning to keep the status quo so I'm not worried about that.
But from what you've said, I guess that TEM whatever they are would not be doing any sort of fighting then.
What about the status quo (Option 1) ending? I remember people saying that BUC just get's bumrushed. So perhaps I should begin weakening PAR now.

But ultimately, if I'm doing the plot, I'm seeing it through.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 3. May 22, 18:39

Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 3. May 22, 17:21
I remember people saying that BUC just get's bumrushed.
If you take Duke's branch, at one point in the plot you're asked to build them a station. Important that you don't skimp on the defences if you want them to do well. In my view the level of armaments requested in the mission briefing falls a bit short of what's really needed, considering the size of the station.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 3. May 22, 19:09

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Tue, 3. May 22, 18:39
Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 3. May 22, 17:21
I remember people saying that BUC just get's bumrushed.
If you take Duke's branch, at one point in the plot you're asked to build them a station. Important that you don't skimp on the defences if you want them to do well. In my view the level of armaments requested in the mission briefing falls a bit short of what's really needed, considering the size of the station.
Well, time to overbuild it then. They give me a choice of when to deliver like deliver fleet missions right? Not auto deliver like deliver station missions?
And another thing, to they claim their sector? Expand? Are they more like HAT, ARG or SCA?

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 3. May 22, 19:41

Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 3. May 22, 19:09
Well, time to overbuild it then. They give me a choice of when to deliver like deliver fleet missions right? Not auto deliver like deliver station missions?
Not sure, though suspect it's much like any other build mission so always kept something essential that was on the mission briefing until last in the build queue, just so the station wouldn't be handed over until I was ready.
And another thing, to they claim their sector? Expand? Are they more like HAT, ARG or SCA?
Yes, they do claim their sector. Have not seen them expand, but that may just be that at the point at which I tend to finish the plots I often also feel that I've got too much stuff & tend to restart soon after. However they do not have the 'does not seek to claim sector ownership' notification on the factions screen (so more like ARG than SCA in that regard).

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 3. May 22, 19:43

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Tue, 3. May 22, 19:41
Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 3. May 22, 19:09
Not sure, though suspect it's much like any other build mission so always kept something that was on the mission briefing until last in the build queue, just so the station wouldn't be handed over until I was ready.
Yes, they do claim their sector. Have not seen them expand, but that may just be that at the point at which I tend to finish the plots I often also feel that I've got too much stuff & tend to restart soon after. However they do not have the 'does not seek to claim sector ownership' notification on the factions screen (so more like ARG than SCA in that regard).
Thanks for the tip, would be annoying to reach the end stage and accidentally hand over an unarmed station.
Hope whatever it is I'll keep for last is something simple to add at the end, like I generally throw my admin modules at the center right at the beginning.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”