How do I get the Teladi from ToA to stop moaning at me for selling Protectyon too high?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spankahontis
x4

How do I get the Teladi from ToA to stop moaning at me for selling Protectyon too high?

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 6. May 22, 02:32

I am at my wits end with this guy. I sold Protectyon at one of my Stations and the Teladi Character that joins you at your Headquarters tells me "I'm selling protectyon at the same price as North River and what a crook I am for doing so".

So I reloaded old save and this time reduce my Station BUY/SELL to lowest and he still scolds me for selling Protectyon too high?

Is there no way to get round this? Are you supposed to screw him over?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

DanKara
x4

Re: How do I get the Teladi from ToA to stop moaning at me for selling Protectyon too high?

Post by DanKara » Fri, 6. May 22, 05:10

spankahontis wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 02:32
So I reloaded old save and this time reduce my Station BUY/SELL to lowest and he still scolds me for selling Protectyon too high?
With those station-settings, don't sell via your own trading-Raleighs but let your customers come to you.
... and DAGOBAS will but once comment on your prices.

Raptor34
x4

Re: How do I get the Teladi from ToA to stop moaning at me for selling Protectyon too high?

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 6. May 22, 06:57

Oh, so selling to your own also triggers it.
I was wondering why he suddenly moaned out of nowhere.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Fri, 6. May 22, 07:08

Raptor34 wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 06:57
Oh, so selling to your own also triggers it.
I am not sure, that this is the point, at which DAGOBAS gets annoyed. I suspect it was the moment, my Raleigh makes his delivery to (any) RIP-station, as there the prices are always above average nowadays :gruebel:
(But I have seen one post, about a player unlocking 'Freest of Market' by 'transferring' protectyon from his own station to his own ship. Can't do the same :| )

Anyway ... DAGOBAS one-time-comment has no lasting impact (afaik).

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Fri, 6. May 22, 08:44

why don't you visit Spoilers section?
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by TVCD » Fri, 6. May 22, 08:58

I move this topic to the spoiler forum. :wink:

[Topic moved]
"Manche Menschen können den Regen spüren, andere werden nur nass"

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 6. May 22, 19:27

DanKara wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 05:10
spankahontis wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 02:32
With those station-settings, don't sell via your own trading-Raleighs but let your customers come to you.
... and DAGOBAS will but once comment on your prices.
But that's the problem, I built a station that only stores Protectyon and transferred what Protectyon I took from the Beholder via Raleigh, selling it at the lowest possible price and I still got the telling off from Dogobas.

Plus how is one supposed to build a station in Leap of Faith and sell Protectyon when the only way to get there is with a Tide/stable Wormhole, Construction Vessels wont travel through it, neither will Raleghs unless I pilot them myself during a tide sweep?

geckoproductions

Post by geckoproductions » Sat, 7. May 22, 17:34

spankahontis wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 19:27
Plus how is one supposed to build a station in Leap of Faith and sell Protectyon when the only way to get there is with a Tide/stable Wormhole, Construction Vessels wont travel through it, neither will Raleghs unless I pilot them myself during a tide sweep?
You dont, you pick it up with a Yacht (Astrid) and deliver it to your station in one of the Avarices.

However, I now have the problem that even though its set to the lowest price, and I have enough in storage, nobody is picking it up yet? There are still Raleighs flying about, just not buying Protectyon from me. Do I have to wait a few tides?

EDIT: yup, had to wait til the next tide. Alls well now.

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Sun, 8. May 22, 22:49

geckoproductions wrote:
Sat, 7. May 22, 17:34
spankahontis wrote:
Fri, 6. May 22, 19:27
You dont, you pick it up with a Yacht (Astrid) and deliver it to your station in one of the Avarices.

However, I now have the problem that even though its set to the lowest price, and I have enough in storage, nobody is picking it up yet? There are still Raleighs flying about, just not buying Protectyon from me. Do I have to wait a few tides?

EDIT: yup, had to wait til the next tide. Alls well now.
Apparantly we can drive construction ships or any ship through ourselves? worse case u could always teleport HQ with a construction vessle attached, build, then teleport back out.
now i just wish there was a way to easily tell when a tide is about to happen well im oos so i can jump to my astrid parked near the wormhole and ride it back to get more.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sat, 21. May 22, 02:52

So one has to have a Hands on approach with running a Protectyon business?
Probably if you start off early, but you need a good few Destroyers to get rid of that Vigor Station to get them off your back.

Constantly going back and fourth in an Astrid to keep supply and demand running?
Massive fail!
I want to be able to automate the procedure and leave them to collect, store and sell the Protectyon without me. :|

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Sun, 22. May 22, 03:29

ya its a very hands on buisness, what i have done is set up a station right at the anom that goes to leap of faith and have 2 astrids docked there, and set a timer from when the last wave hit, i try to do afew collections every few waves, my main station i keep stocked with about 2500-3000 protecyon and when that gets down to around 2000 is when i focus on doing a run, it lasts a long time though, but im slowly expanding rip stations so theres more demand for it, i also plan to eventually build a station on the other side and have a ship in leap of faith just always collecting and depositing and then when the path opens just do afew quick runs if i can.
I also installed a mod so i could build more astrids (apparantly others can just build more and no idea what unlocks that without mods) so another way could be run a carrier with tons of astrids or even just the smaller ships but their capacity is so tiny, and do a massive restock once every 40-50 hours or something.
still wish there was some way to set up a warning in game for when the tides about to go off, even if it was just going into riptide space and comming a ship to get an estimate or going to the tidebreak and talking to the manager there or something to get an estimate on next tide.
https://gyazo.com/78992deab325fb3ad2946f3842b90e55
https://gyazo.com/e3808efe246f750bb220358675023386 the gateway station im currently setting up in Avarice, with the middle section being set up at the anomoly, so i can just fly a carrier or any other ship easily through, took abit to get it centered for the anomoly, curious how it will work, before this i just had a simple dock right at the anomoly but figure this will be alittle better long term XD
will have to test and maybe adjust it though once i test with larger ships, eventually would like a raptor or something docked here.
https://gyazo.com/f639818372cc525474c15ac88f49885e still under construction here but u can kinda glimps where the anomoly is there. not perfectly centered but close.

captaincelt
x4

Post by captaincelt » Sat, 28. May 22, 20:41

I have a Nomad with 2 Astrids docked along with 40 Raleigh Condensate ships that I park just outside the Anomaly to Leap of Faith. The Nomad has the 100% hazard protection mod installed, so it just shrugs off the Tide. I fly it through the Anomaly manually just after the Tide hits, then teleport back to my personal office and send it to the Eye of Beholder. The Nomad navigates much better when I'm out of the sector.
I command the ships to collect drops and dock at the Nomad OOS, which is much faster than watching them in sector. There isn't usually enough containers for all of the ships to fill up at once. The trick is to have 20 of the Raleigh ships collect drops, then teleport back in and run SETA for a bit to get more drops from the station to appear. They don't seem to appear OOS. Once the station drops more containers, I port back out and have the remaining 20 collect drops and dock. I have it go back to the nav beacon in Leap of Faith, and port back to the Nomad to manually drive it through the Anomaly.
Between the Astrids and the Raleighs I can get 1860 units per run.
I built a station just outside of the Avarice gate in Windfall III that is a collection of docks and condensate storage units. The Nomad brings back the condensate and the ships drop it off for sale. The only PITA of this process is having to manually select each Raleigh and tell it to transfer wares. Otherwise I can shift-click the ships to have them dock.
The station is a decent money maker. Got a bunch of credits initially as stations filled up their storage, more than enough to pay for the Nomad and Raleigh ships. After that, it is a slow but steady earner.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Thu, 16. Jun 22, 08:06

Find a station that buys one protectyon (usually fully stocked one after tide) - it will have lower price because it will have 4 (80% of total) in stock.

Don't sell to ones that need more - not sure what number, but definitely one that wants 5 protectyons will have highest price since that's 0% of in stock.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Thu, 16. Jun 22, 10:01

I wonder how you get a XL ship through the anomaly. :gruebel:
With 5.0 i tried it a few times with a construction ship, and failed. (also with boost speed)

Katorone
x4

Post by Katorone » Thu, 16. Jun 22, 15:51

EGO_Aut wrote:
Thu, 16. Jun 22, 10:01
I wonder how you get a XL ship through the anomaly. :gruebel:
With 5.0 i tried it a few times with a construction ship, and failed. (also with boost speed)
I'm playing on the beta version, and XL ships happily travel through anomalies. Had a raptor accidentally enter one while it was joining my fleet, it ended up on the other side of the universe :lol:

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 19. Jun 22, 07:28

I think the trigger condition has slightly flawed logic. Given the initial supply shortage of protectyon and how X4 works it is very easy to sell it at a high price while trying to get the price down, triggering him to get annoyed. All he cares about are a few immediate sales and not the big picture of where prices end up.

If he cares about more than 1 sale then you can try some micro management to solve the issue. Sell at a high price to a single station, then sell a single unit at a low price to that station after every tide until his happy comment triggers.

Another approach might be to set up your own trade station for protectyon (using the storage module) and then sell to NPC traders (no condensate trade subordinates) at minimum price. This should drag down the average buy price as stations build up storage, allowing you to sell at near minimum price to them.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 20. Jun 22, 02:09

Personally, I think the devs get a laugh out of nagging the player. For example, after completing the Segaris quest line, Boso Ta won't stop nagging the player about terraforming until they give in. Or during the Avarice/Riptide quest, when you're supposed to equip a ship with the special mod, everytime you add any kind of mod to any other ship, you get nagged. Boso Ta, Dal Busta and Dagobas Lahubasis Yorilos III: the Evil Triumvirate! It sometime makes me want to set a huge fleet against my own PHQ and blow it to smithereens just to shut them up! :evil: Probably wouldn't work, though. :cry:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”