How do I get the Teladi from ToA to stop moaning at me for selling Protectyon too high?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: How do I get the Teladi from ToA to stop moaning at me for selling Protectyon too high?

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 19. Jun 22, 07:28

I think the trigger condition has slightly flawed logic. Given the initial supply shortage of protectyon and how X4 works it is very easy to sell it at a high price while trying to get the price down, triggering him to get annoyed. All he cares about are a few immediate sales and not the big picture of where prices end up.

If he cares about more than 1 sale then you can try some micro management to solve the issue. Sell at a high price to a single station, then sell a single unit at a low price to that station after every tide until his happy comment triggers.

Another approach might be to set up your own trade station for protectyon (using the storage module) and then sell to NPC traders (no condensate trade subordinates) at minimum price. This should drag down the average buy price as stations build up storage, allowing you to sell at near minimum price to them.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: How do I get the Teladi from ToA to stop moaning at me for selling Protectyon too high?

Post by Nanook » Mon, 20. Jun 22, 02:09

Personally, I think the devs get a laugh out of nagging the player. For example, after completing the Segaris quest line, Boso Ta won't stop nagging the player about terraforming until they give in. Or during the Avarice/Riptide quest, when you're supposed to equip a ship with the special mod, everytime you add any kind of mod to any other ship, you get nagged. Boso Ta, Dal Busta and Dagobas Lahubasis Yorilos III: the Evil Triumvirate! It sometime makes me want to set a huge fleet against my own PHQ and blow it to smithereens just to shut them up! :evil: Probably wouldn't work, though. :cry:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”