Processing Panel Mission - Endless?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

Processing Panel Mission - Endless?

Post by Baddieus » Sun, 8. May 22, 00:13

I found a civilian lady who wants processing panels to create an AI not only for better ship piloting, but so your ship will "Love You". This person has obviously not learned histories lesson from the existence of the Xenon, but I figured why not help her out to see where this plot goes. I provided easy to obtain 8G panels from Xenon general drops, however she then wanted 5 of the 46B & 15 of the 19L panels that only come from Xenon K's, and then only randomly. There are even some 12G panels out there she has not asked for yet, but I'm beginning to think this is not a plot line at all, rather just an endless circle of getting more credits for these panels than they would otherwise be valued at. So, after 10 of the 8G, 5 - 46B, 15 - 19L, 10 more of the 8G twice in a row, she now wants 15 more of the 19L panels. It took me over a day of playtime in a vanilla game to acquire all of these, and if this mission chain has a special ending for all the work required then I am all in and will continue, because one of the things I like about this game is it that it often requires effort to gain substantial rewards. (Think Hub-Plot from X3).

If however, this is just an endless mission circle for credits then I have to say I am disappointed, because credits are easy enough to gain through other means.

So .. does anyone know if this is something going somewhere, or just a credit gain?

Thanks,

=Baddieus=

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: Processing Panel Mission - Endless?

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sun, 8. May 22, 05:51

There might be a trophy for you personal office and an achievement associated with this chain. Other than that it's just a repetitive never ending mission. There are two more missions of this kind out there.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Sun, 8. May 22, 11:47

Well ... I can confirm the trophy 8) , did not see an achievement from just this one mission chain, so will scout the others.

So ... guess I won't have a ship that loves me though ... too bad. :cry:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 8. May 22, 11:53

If nothing else, these missions give you a reason not to completely wipe out all Xenon in the galaxy. :wink:

Weren't these missions once referred to as the 'Mad Scientist' missions? If so, that would be a clue to the likely outcomes.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 9. May 22, 00:22

Baddieus wrote:
Sun, 8. May 22, 11:47
Well ... I can confirm the trophy 8) , did not see an achievement from just this one mission chain, so will scout the others.

So ... guess I won't have a ship that loves me though ... too bad. :cry:
THE rewards seems all of them kinda weak. i wonder if there is something we dont know about this mission chains?
X gamer , one at a time.

minexu

Post by minexu » Fri, 20. May 22, 18:10

Later in the chain I got 4 star training seminars as rewards along with some credits. Then it seemed to circle back to 2 star seminars.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”