Market Regulation Achivement, is it possible?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KalisaFox
x4

Market Regulation Achivement, is it possible?

Post by KalisaFox » Sat, 14. May 22, 23:42

I been selling protectyon at my station for awhile now at the min price of 22,500, and have not recived this yet, did i screw myself over by selling a batch of protecyon with my astrid at tidebreak earlier in the game? that seemed to count at selling it at max price and i got a message from my teladi friend being mad at me because of that, did that lock me out of this other achivement then even though i didnt intentionally sell my product at max price, and never have at my actual station.
https://gyazo.com/6667a34df354d0d0d1f9cf4c467af2c1 screenshot of the last few hours of my station here, it also sells allot of energy, but you can spot afew sales of condensate in there, at the price, i have made maybe 10-15 sales at this price so far?

DanKara
x4

Re: Market Regulation Achivement, is it possible?

Post by DanKara » Sun, 15. May 22, 07:36

I have unlocked this achievement in the same way you are trying - but that was back in 5.0.

In this thread AdrianH from EGOSOFT stated, that the opposite achievement 'Freest of Market' will unlock, if Protectyon is sold 2x above 'average' in a then upcomming patch. Not sure if that has already arrived (doesn't seem so). I suspect, it is now (or will be) the same for 'Market Regulation'.
Since like a month I am watching the global achievment list. According to that 'Freest of Market' seems stuck at 0.2% unlocked, and 'Market Regulation' doesn't move as well at 0.4%.
With the changes in 5.10 to 'Protectyon at Tidebreak' it is hard to not sell Protectyon at 'above average', so the unlock-number for 'Freest of Market' should have jumped ahead. It doesn't ... and therefore I believe there is something more amiss... (maybe both achievement are disabled?)

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Sun, 15. May 22, 13:03

i did unlock Freest of markets on may 12th, that was the time i got my ship and sold to tidebreak, then proceeded to set up a station to sell protectyon at the lowest price, have not sold to tidebreak since and continue to sell at my station with no achivement, so maybe they are mutually exclusive? also maybe just not many players playing on steam unlocking that achivement. (i also play hidden so dont think my achivements display their as well)

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 5. Aug 22, 09:24

Interesting! I've played the plot on 5.10 and got the "Freest of Market" after my second batch of 4 protectyon sold to stations in Avarice: Dead End.
I do hope I can get the other achievement as well but I haven't set up any station yet.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Rensai
x4

Post by Rensai » Sat, 6. Aug 22, 00:26

I got the market regulation achievement back in April so it is or at least was possible at one point to get it. Unfortunately, that's all I can say about it. I don't remember how I got it.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 9. Aug 22, 18:33

I just got it a week ago. Took selling to stations that only needed 1 protectyon. I think it took 8-10 sales. I think i did two sweeps of 4-5 stations. Sold 5 stations 1 protectyon, then after a tide passed, sold the same five stations another one... got the achievement.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Tue, 9. Aug 22, 18:54

According to this guide on steam, this achievement is mutually exclusive to the other achievement Freest of market.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2376337650

Can’t say if you really only can get either one in the same save. I also did those achievement fairly recently (around may/June iirc). I made a save before selling Protectyon and after I got one of the two achievements I reloaded and got the other one. I basically just set up a station to sell protectyon, assigned some traders to it and made sure to buyout all protectyon from tidebreak right before the tide so I am the only seller.

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Thu, 11. Aug 22, 14:41

Am here to confirm it is still possible on 5.1HF3, provided, you didn't unlock the opposite "freest of markets" on your save before.

Just manually set the buying and selling price for protectyon in logical overview to minimum and then sell it to own stations a few times. Not sure, if you need to have it automated to count or manually dock yourself, but after a few trades it will unlock.

AGAIN: Sell only to your own stations. You can not control AI prices. It will never work when you try to sell to AI.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Tue, 16. Aug 22, 03:55

Actually I'd be interested to know if anyone was successful selling protectyon from their owned station, without subordinate trade ship.

I've setup a trade station only for protectyon in Avarice - Dead End and despite all my efforts, no NPC traders bought from my station.
- I've set the lowest price for selling (22510 Cr)
- I've set to sell everything until 40 units remain, I currently have 2155 units in stock
- Trade rule is set to "no restriction"
- I see some RIP Raleigh (condensate) in the sector
- All station in the sector have a buy offer for 3 protectyon for the price of 25705 Cr

To be clear, I can set a trading ship for the station and they will sell, but they sell at the NPC station price which is higher than the minimum (working as expected!)
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 16. Aug 22, 06:39

gorman2040 wrote:
Tue, 16. Aug 22, 03:55
Actually I'd be interested to know if anyone was successful selling protectyon from their owned station, without subordinate trade ship.
I am. Or atleast I was pre 5.1HF3 as I haven't played much since.
Only difference worth noting is, that my station is located in Avarice IV (sector with Tidebreak). The RIP-Raleigh (condensate) seem to idle there...

Got the Achivement "Market Regulation" with this setup back in 5.0 and was not yet able to unlock "Freest of Market" (in the same game). That might be confirming the "mutualy exclusive"...

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Thu, 18. Aug 22, 01:17

DanKara wrote:
Tue, 16. Aug 22, 06:39

I am. Or atleast I was pre 5.1HF3 as I haven't played much since.
Only difference worth noting is, that my station is located in Avarice IV (sector with Tidebreak). The RIP-Raleigh (condensate) seem to idle there...

Got the Achivement "Market Regulation" with this setup back in 5.0 and was not yet able to unlock "Freest of Market" (in the same game). That might be confirming the "mutualy exclusive"...
Thanks, maybe unlocking "Freest of market" did something to my game? Maybe I'll try in a new game.
"Show me your wares!"

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Fri, 19. Aug 22, 09:45

gorman2040 wrote:
Thu, 18. Aug 22, 01:17
Thanks, maybe unlocking "Freest of market" did something to my game? Maybe I'll try in a new game.
I just went back to one of my backed up save files (starting from the choice in Leap of Faith). After selling 1 unit of protectyon at a price above average for two times unlocked 'Freest of Market' for me (Sold to RIP-stations that hat buy offers for 4 units) ... but I have yet to get the reaction from DAGOBAS... [Edit: Screw that, got an angry call from DAGOBAS as soon as I undocked).

Though our cases are reversed, I suspect going back to an earlier save and selling below average a few times will unlock 'Market Regulation' for you.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sun, 21. Aug 22, 22:01

DanKara wrote:
Fri, 19. Aug 22, 09:45
Though our cases are reversed, I suspect going back to an earlier save and selling below average a few times will unlock 'Market Regulation' for you.
Precisely :-)
I went back to my save just before deciding to fall in line or go your own path with the Northriver Company.
Stole the blueprint, captured the Astrid, got protectyon and on my return to Avarice, I only sold to station that had enough stock to buy below average price.
Since it seems the Tide only affect the stations in your current sector, I wasn't able to sell enough so I went to stations that were full and hacked their storage, effectively dropping 1 protectyon.
So much for being ethical and selling the protectyon at a low price :-D.
After selling a total of 5 times, all sales were 1 protectyon except 1 sale at 2, a total of 6 protectyon sold before unlocking the achievement.

The nice side effect is boosting the Riptide Rakers reputation which is hard to get as they don't trade as much as other factions.

I still feel good because even though protectyon was expensive at first, I have now flooded the market and it is now at the lowest price, lol.
"Show me your wares!"

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”