Epilogue Consequences - kill Branda Brano - broken?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sturmer

Epilogue Consequences - kill Branda Brano - broken?

Post by Sturmer » Thu, 26. May 22, 01:00

So I went for a show of force and destroyed an Ice Refinery in Windfall IV they wanted me to destroy in order to intimidate the Syndicate. As soon as that was done the quest disappeared, but the quest "Reaching out to the enemy" stayed and even though I completely annihilated any forces in that entire sector (over 100 ships) I'm still required to pay 15 million?! WTF, EGOSOFT?!

Is the quest broken?

Nulric
x4

Re: Epilogue Consequences - kill Branda Brano - broken?

Post by Nulric » Thu, 26. May 22, 01:09

I just finished this one too, and there's a thread in tech support about this as well. But, it is working as intended, as explained in the other thread.

I grant that it may seem odd that you have to complete both objectives, rather than one, but you do indeed need to do both. I feel like getting the assets together you need to destroy the station is the hard part in all of that; 15 million isn't small, but you'll forget about it before long. Not that that will make you feel better at the moment, but still.

Later though, build a massive fleet, and come back for vengeance on those greedy monsters!

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Thu, 26. May 22, 01:30

Nulric wrote:
Thu, 26. May 22, 01:09
I just finished this one too, and there's a thread in tech support about this as well. But, it is working as intended, as explained in the other thread.

I grant that it may seem odd that you have to complete both objectives, rather than one, but you do indeed need to do both. I feel like getting the assets together you need to destroy the station is the hard part in all of that; 15 million isn't small, but you'll forget about it before long. Not that that will make you feel better at the moment, but still.

Later though, build a massive fleet, and come back for vengeance on those greedy monsters!
I find it stupid, not odd. It's like a kick in the teeth. I put together a massive fleet, destroyed over a 100 enemy ships, spent millions on all the crap I needed and now I still need to pay?! :evil: I could've done that to begin with, but I decided not to, cause I wanted to intimidate them and spare the money.

No, I won't forget the lost money. It's not about money. It's about principle of the thing and I really freaking hate it when a dev just trolls me like this.

Thank you for your quick reply, now I gotta get back to exterminating 3 sectors worth of scum that doesn't deserve to live.

Nulric
x4

Post by Nulric » Thu, 26. May 22, 01:34

I definitely understand feeling that way. I've for sure been there for other games, and a couple times in the X games, where I expected a very different result than what I got. Again, I know that doesn't exactly make you feel better.

I'm with you on the exterminate them thing though. Roll through those evil exploiters!!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”