When to enable DLC (COH & SV)?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MarvinTheMartian
x4

When to enable DLC (COH & SV)?

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Thu, 2. Jun 22, 08:11

Thought this might be okay this far along to post in the main game forum but will play it safe and post in spoiler forum so feel free to reveal plots, missions, threats/opportunities etc...

I have a wharf with all the resources to build S/M ships at will so pretty far along, top rep with Argon and 5-15 for most others (except HOP) and 1.25bn credits in my crypto wallet. I play a slow game as I'm time-poor (runs in the background and I dip in when I can) but on the base vanilla game I plan to take over HOP space and make it my own (nice & central) so currently building/buying a fleet having captured a few capitals from them already.

My question is, are there advantages for my objective to enabling 1 or both of the first 2 DLCs now for new ships/resources/alliances or will this add distractions/complexities or even put me behind in terms of economic and military strength?

Cheers
Marv
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: When to enable DLC (COH & SV)?

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 2. Jun 22, 14:41

MarvinTheMartian wrote:
Thu, 2. Jun 22, 08:11
Thought this might be okay this far along to post in the main game forum but will play it safe and post in spoiler forum so feel free to reveal plots, missions, threats/opportunities etc...

I have a wharf with all the resources to build S/M ships at will so pretty far along, top rep with Argon and 5-15 for most others (except HOP) and 1.25bn credits in my crypto wallet. I play a slow game as I'm time-poor (runs in the background and I dip in when I can) but on the base vanilla game I plan to take over HOP space and make it my own (nice & central) so currently building/buying a fleet having captured a few capitals from them already.

My question is, are there advantages for my objective to enabling 1 or both of the first 2 DLCs now for new ships/resources/alliances or will this add distractions/complexities or even put me behind in terms of economic and military strength?

Cheers
Marv
Marvin, it is good to see you buddy. I hope everything is good. I don't think COH will matter much for your objectives. Terrans don't fight with anyone when you first put them in (except hunt down xenon). As part of their plot, you could make them go to war with Argon/Antigone. As for Split, they too won't have much of an impact on what you are trying to do but the Split tend to lose badly to the Xenon without player support. They have plots which also cause them to go to war (civil war and/or war with Argon). You can also even get other factions to go to war or unite the HOP and Paranid if you want. Either way, it really shouldn't have too much of an impact on what you want to do unless you want them to.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: When to enable DLC (COH & SV)?

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 2. Jun 22, 14:53

MarvinTheMartian wrote:
Thu, 2. Jun 22, 08:11
Economically HOP is pretty separate from DLC content. There is some trade between the Split and HOP but it is generally trivial due to the geographic distances involved and how poor the Split economy is. They both add powerful ships for you to use which can make capturing space significantly easier. You can also take advantage of the Splits poor economy and Terran huge demand for wares to boost your own economy.

My personal opinion is enabling DLCs generally improves the X4 experience. I would only recommend not enabling DLCs you own if they are incompatible with third party mods you want to use, if you are doing a self imposed challenge to purposely avoid the DLCs or if your CPU is older and already struggling to maintain reasonable frame rate late game so cannot really run the additional complexity.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”