Access to the Hidden Sector?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tnorgate
x4

Access to the Hidden Sector?

Post by tnorgate » Thu, 2. Jun 22, 19:04

I believe getting to the sector involves an anomaly in Avarice Dead End. Is that correct or is it another sector? Tried that lots of times but takes me to known sectors. Have waited until the sun erupts but still doesn't take me there. I'm using a cheat mod btw.

EGO_Aut
x4

Re: Access to the Hidden Sector?

Post by EGO_Aut » Thu, 2. Jun 22, 19:33

tnorgate wrote:
Thu, 2. Jun 22, 19:04
I believe getting to the sector involves an anomaly in Avarice Dead End. Is that correct or is it another sector? Tried that lots of times but takes me to known sectors. Have waited until the sun erupts but still doesn't take me there. I'm using a cheat mod btw.
The anomaly begins to spark (lightning), after the light wave is gone. Then its the right time to use it.

tnorgate
x4

Post by tnorgate » Thu, 2. Jun 22, 21:03

Ok thanks for that

tnorgate
x4

Post by tnorgate » Sat, 4. Jun 22, 15:31

But how do you prevent being fried by the suns outburst????

Tried sheltering behind an asteroid - what else is needed - am I being very dense here?

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sat, 4. Jun 22, 15:39

tnorgate wrote:
Sat, 4. Jun 22, 15:31

Tried sheltering behind an asteroid - what else is needed - am I being very dense here?
Maybe its the wrong anomaly or sector?
There should be a plot mission which shows you the right one.

If it is the right one, just place your ship some 100m before and wait. You can save, and try. There is no dmg if you push the afterburner.
PS: only S and M ships will go through

tnorgate
x4

Post by tnorgate » Sat, 4. Jun 22, 21:06

Haven't got a plot mission so that's the issue I guess

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sat, 4. Jun 22, 23:49

tnorgate wrote:
Sat, 4. Jun 22, 21:06
Haven't got a plot mission so that's the issue I guess
I think it was the one where you need to help the teladi when you enter avarice, he was some troubles with the ship.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 7. Jun 22, 13:38

tnorgate wrote:
Sat, 4. Jun 22, 15:31
Either use a tanky ship that can out regen the outbust, such as most L or XL ships, or install a hazard damage reduction mod on the ship. Exceptional tier hazard damage reduction chassis mods will make your ship completely immune to hazard damage and as such take no damage at all from the tide, and can even regenerate shield during it.

To gain access to Leap of Faith you need to follow storyline guidance until first introduced to the sector. From then on you can always get back to it by waiting for the tide and flying through the same anomaly that took you there during the storyline while it is sparking. To help you remember which anomaly this was, the beacon you deployed near it will take some damage during the storyline to distinguish it from the other beacons you placed. I would also suggest renaming this beacon for more clarity, and perhaps placing a renamed satellite nearby as backup in case the beacon gets massively displaced somehow.

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 18:55

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 7. Jun 22, 13:38
Either use a tanky ship that can out regen the outbust, such as most L or XL ships, or install a hazard damage reduction mod on the ship. Exceptional tier hazard damage reduction chassis mods will make your ship completely immune to hazard damage and as such take no damage at all from the tide, and can even regenerate shield during it.
Do you know the needed regen rate for it to survive the tide. I mean like for the Void, you need 500mj/s regen rate. What is needed for the tide?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 22:37

Caedes91 wrote:
Tue, 21. Jun 22, 18:55
Do you know the needed regen rate for it to survive the tide. I mean like for the Void, you need 500mj/s regen rate. What is needed for the tide?
Very high, it even deals bonus damage to shields likely with the intent to defeat that. I suspect XL ships are the only ones that can truly out regen it. That said any L or XL ship should have more than enough hull to survive whatever damage is left. It only really poses a threat to M and S ships.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Wed, 22. Jun 22, 16:14

Oh, so it should be nice to train engineering and moral skill :gruebel: , if i find a L ship that gets some hull dmg....

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 22. Jun 22, 18:21

EGO_Aut wrote:
Wed, 22. Jun 22, 16:14
Oh, so it should be nice to train engineering and moral skill :gruebel: , if i find a L ship that gets some hull dmg....
Just go build a station instead if that's what you want. Build a big one and when it's done move it around so it deconstructs and rebuilds. Doesn't have to be big, but big means you can spend more time in between if that matters to you.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 05:00

Raptor34 wrote:
Wed, 22. Jun 22, 18:21
Just go build a station instead if that's what you want. Build a big one and when it's done move it around so it deconstructs and rebuilds. Doesn't have to be big, but big means you can spend more time in between if that matters to you.
This is to train the service crew of the construction ship. Construction ship service crew that is constantly working on building interconnects is pretty much the fastest known way to get high skilled service crew with both high engineering and morale. Due to how station building works you receive 100% refund when deconstructing modules. As such you can order a thousand odd interconnect modules (built fast) and then deconstruct them all to repeat the process and keep the construction ship service crew constantly rolling level ups with no running cost. You can swap the service crew at any time by using the transfer crew order in map view, such as once they are sufficiently skilled for your purposes.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 06:57

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 23. Jun 22, 05:00
Raptor34 wrote:
Wed, 22. Jun 22, 18:21
This is to train the service crew of the construction ship. Construction ship service crew that is constantly working on building interconnects is pretty much the fastest known way to get high skilled service crew with both high engineering and morale. Due to how station building works you receive 100% refund when deconstructing modules. As such you can order a thousand odd interconnect modules (built fast) and then deconstruct them all to repeat the process and keep the construction ship service crew constantly rolling level ups with no running cost. You can swap the service crew at any time by using the transfer crew order in map view, such as once they are sufficiently skilled for your purposes.
How exactly does it work anyway? Time spent or module constructed?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 07:30

Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 23. Jun 22, 06:57
Modules constructed I think.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 14:12

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 23. Jun 22, 07:30
Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 23. Jun 22, 06:57
Modules constructed I think.
That explains some things.
Shit, looks like I need to redesign it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”