From Trading Lessons to Erlking

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

From Trading Lessons to Erlking

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 15:58

There are baffling details.

Teladi promises show how to negotiate, because "I did read a guide so I think I know how to do it", yet asks for advice in the action.

There were some dialogue during fetching a ship from junkyard that I did totally miss, because I forgot to set throttle at '0' and that bashed my suit inside ship model when I should drift out of the airlock.

We intend to cheat by use of two similar ships, but totally fail to notice that the competition's "ship ID" changes during the race too ...

After Boso did the hack, the VIG reputation did drop by -30. After some minutes there were another -5 drop. In fact these additional drops did continue until I bribed the VIG (at which point my rep had dropped -45 from start). The bribe did yield +5.

I was supposed to "show force". I got the station out before my whole attack fleet even arrived to the site. (Also, "power" obviously means that Terran gear is not eligible. :split: ) Completion of that mission did give a +40 reputation boost.

Since I was back to +20 status, with new promotion request, I chose to go for the Erlking. I went close and nobody cared. Earlier, just an innocent visit to Keepsafe made many VIG angry. Now, nothing. I chose "Set Hostile" on Erlking with no effect. It did stay blue. Had to fetch a ship with bigger guns.

Then I shot the Erlking hull to 79%. Nobody did react. There is station next to action. There were VIG patrols too, but nobody did turn hostile. No loss of reputation, not even temporary. No reaction from the victim. The Erlking had about 40 marines, one 3* and most 1* or less. Out of my 121 veterans, five were KIA.

Some feel that the boarding is too easy, but one usually has options to spice it up. With this Erlking that was not true. (I had no desire to declare war on entire VIG, since they just did surrender so easily.)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Raptor34
x4

Re: From Trading Lessons to Erlking

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 17:28

This mission is what convinced me that ship ID doesn't actually exist in universe. Or at least not as easily seen as in game.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 17:43

Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 21. Jun 22, 17:28
This mission is what convinced me that ship ID doesn't actually exist in universe. Or at least not as easily seen as in game.
You mean convinced after all the:
"Alert! SCA bandits on Minotaur XYZ-321 did rob us! Catch them!"
"Negative. The XYZ-321 is clearly a TEL ship. You must have mistaken."

Now, why don't the FAF believe that it was the other Erlking that shot one of their Rattlesnakes? (I made sure that no witnesses live to tell.) :gruebel:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 21:36

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 21. Jun 22, 17:43
Raptor34 wrote:
Tue, 21. Jun 22, 17:28
You mean convinced after all the:
"Alert! SCA bandits on Minotaur XYZ-321 did rob us! Catch them!"
"Negative. The XYZ-321 is clearly a TEL ship. You must have mistaken."

Now, why don't the FAF believe that it was the other Erlking that shot one of their Rattlesnakes? (I made sure that no witnesses live to tell.) :gruebel:
Something I thought of while making the previous post.
Of course something else I thought of back then was how the ID is clearly plastered on the hull, then again, not exactly something hard to spoof.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”