Welfare. Acquire Skilled Pilot problems

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Welfare. Acquire Skilled Pilot problems

Post by Scoob » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 17:05

Hi,

I'm having issues with this mission chain. Previously the "race" (time trial) bit seems scripted to fail initially as I was significantly slower on my third time around - I'd given up - yet miraculously passed that time. Maybe the game just pitied me, but I was in a very fast ship and used a combo of boosting and Travel Drive to get through the course pretty darn quickly those first two times I thought lol.

Anyway, the issue I'm having now is regarding acquiring a "skilled" pilot. The thing is, the ship *already* had a Pilot that exceeded the requirements, but he didn't count evidently. Additionally, I have multiple skilled pilots in my employ already, but there's no dialogue option to "recruit" them for racing. Finally, every time I leave the Mission station (teleport, the dude "stored" my ship, it's inaccessible now), my current objective changes to fly to that station, then goes back to "Acquire: Skilled Pilot". I thought there might be a planted decent pilot on this station - handed to the player in effect - but there isn't. The ONE pilot I found with the required skill does not have dialogue options.

What am I supposed to do here? I *already* had a great Pilot (ignored), I have lots of other great Pilots (no dialogue option) and there are no recruitable Pilots on the station I keep getting sent back to.

Edit: I teleported around a bit and found a qualifying NPC pilot for 1.7 million credits. However, I just get the normal hiring options, nothing mission related. I can't even send her to be a pilot of the Racing ship, as it no longer appears in Property Owned.

*sigh* Well, it was something going against the basic game mechanics. I can assign one of my good pilots *directly to the mission station* how unintuitive! Only discovered this after some time searching... This NEEDS a tool-tip for the base-mechanic defying option lol.

Katorone
x3tc

Re: Welfare. Acquire Skilled Pilot problems

Post by Katorone » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 18:51

Assigning a pilot or crew to a station is how those generic crew delivery missions are done. If this is the first time encountering it, the confusion is very understandable.

Scoob
x4

Re: Welfare. Acquire Skilled Pilot problems

Post by Scoob » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 22:31

Katorone wrote:
Thu, 23. Jun 22, 18:51
Assigning a pilot or crew to a station is how those generic crew delivery missions are done. If this is the first time encountering it, the confusion is very understandable.
Yeah, I figured it out thanks to a post on the Steam forums. I've never actually done a crew delivery mission, despite having the game since launch...

The game does need some guidance for stuff like this, especially as missions are a good way to teach basic, and more obscure, game mechanics.

It's funny though, the moment I assigned the Crew member, the plot advanced with ZERO acknowledgement of the crew. Then, while in the middle of the next stage (flying to a sector to follow a ship) the mission updated...to the exact same objective. Ah well lol.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”