Teladi and mining locations/help

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Damian Swift
x4

Teladi and mining locations/help

Post by Damian Swift » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 00:30

Started a new game (from a long break) and taking a while to get back into the swing of things - one thing that hasn't changed is that the Xenon are a real pain in the rear... And all i have so far is a Heavy Fighter. 2M in funds and several miners around Argon helping them out with the economy.

A few days in and the toasters have already taken over Hatikvah and begun assaults on Argon prime (no idea what the Terrans or Split are upto as i haven't gotten around to visiting them yet.

Now the Teladi are getting pressured by the Xenon and i'm unsure how to help them with their economy... I used to put some miners in Grand exchange but seems all the factories in there have no need for ore or Silicon :-(

Maybe a few miners in Inamus Zura or Hewa's twin? Just looking for ideas to help their economy (as i wouldn't want the map red before iv'e even got the funds for my first factory, never mind a Destroyer).

All advice appreciated.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Teladi and mining locations/help

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 08:31

As said in your other thread a keyword is "logistics". Lets say that Hewa has refineries and you do fill them. What will happen to the Teladianium and Wafers? Will they be hauled where Teladi would need them? IME, not so likely. If you had a freighter that you instruct to haul stuff, you will probably make a difference. Naturally, you can mine at the same time.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 11:20

Damian Swift wrote:
Mon, 27. Jun 22, 00:30
Now the Teladi are getting pressured by the Xenon and i'm unsure how to help them with their economy... I used to put some miners in Grand exchange but seems all the factories in there have no need for ore or Silicon
Might be a good sign to set up a trade station around the area. They might have a lot of product that is not being moved (logistics bottleneck) which you can help solve and even make profit doing so.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 17:57

Perhaps we should point out that a "trade station" is very cheap to build.

To start you need one freighter, one 1M3S Dock module, and one S Container Storage module. Did one have blueprints for those two modules from start?

A small plot is enough: those two modules might fit into 1km * 1km * 1km. It is possible to expand later (unless your plot is surrounded by NPC stations).

Hire NPC Builder and do not give any credits to the build site. Rather use you own feighter to fetch just enough necessary materials (ECells, Hull Parts, and Claytronics) from cheapest sources that you have found.

I have freighters that I use as MORTs (Manually Operated Remote Traders). I check from map the best offers and instruct the ships to go and trade. Labour intensive and therefore does not scale very high.

The trade station is a replacement for the player. It sends the freighter(s) to fetch and deliver without player action.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”