Found a ship 'The last scrap'

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Damian Swift
x4

Found a ship 'The last scrap'

Post by Damian Swift » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 20:31

Found the ship in Black hole sun... Any story to it?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Found a ship 'The last scrap'

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Jul 22, 21:37

Probably from one of the various plot missions; some of their ships had some quite creative and unusual names. Some of those could bail and/or be captured too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RubyRezal
x4

Post by RubyRezal » Sun, 24. Jul 22, 15:53

Is there actually a plot mission for this ship? I'm fairly new here and finding the breadcrumbs to start a story often feels like an exercise in futility unless there's documentation online to point players in the right direction. :?

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 31. Jul 22, 14:08

With each DLC more named ships get added. Most of them are involved in plot missions, but not always to a large degree. A plot mission might add 10 named ships, but only 1 is of any real import, like dialogue or a recurring chsracter. Then after the missiins they may just continue to float around doing their job.

I finished the Avarice protectyon plot, and many many hours later a particular ship was delivering building wares to a station i had under construction. They were just going about their business trading.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 31. Jul 22, 17:06

Actually found this ship in one of my other saves, it looks like it's just an introduction ship. On one of my saves that hadn't encountered any ToA content, it was the first "cut scene" ship I ran into in Black Hole Sun, when you get close to the gate to the southern windfall sector. It plays a little cut scene with dialogue about a scrapping operation finishing, cargo being pick up, and then the ship jumps into Windfall. I'm not sure if you run into them any more, or if they do anything else mission wise... but it looks like it's just a intro ship.

RubyRezal
x4

Post by RubyRezal » Thu, 8. Sep 22, 22:58

So, I decided to try to keep tabs on The Last Scrap by parking a scout ship on it and letting it wander around. I had just completed the Avarice introduction missions that demonstrate the Tide environmental damage mechanic so the Tide shouldn't have been due for ~45 minutes. I was in Avarice IV when I got a notification that my scout ship still parked on The Last Scrap had been destroyed in Avarice V Dead End. No idea what happened to it, if it ran into something hostile or just despawned with my ship onboard, but it might explain why I've never seen it after the cinematic.

I'm considering a boarding op to claim it on my current save if it's just going to go off and get deleted if I leave it alone. Apparently it is impossible to launch a boarding op against The Last Scrap, oh well.
Last edited by RubyRezal on Sat, 10. Sep 22, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 8. Sep 22, 23:14

Even on invulnerable larger ships, a vulnerable parked fighter can be destroyed by incoming fire if it is not put into internal storage.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 10:21

I do suspect that ship and other cinematic ships are eventually deleted. I've tried similar things before, tracking them with a parked S ship that someday vanishes, or following them myself in which case they seem to remain in the world until I lose interest and go away.

This particular one parked somewhere in Windfall IIRC. Never moved an inch after, until I left, then next time I came back there it had vanished entirely.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”