Achievement - A Pirate's Life For Me - Help Requested.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

Achievement - A Pirate's Life For Me - Help Requested.

Post by grapedog » Sun, 31. Jul 22, 16:23

So, i've done a new pirate start, and I've gotten 3 or 4 different pilots to dump cargo, but I can't seem to trigger this achievement. Does anyone have any tips for getting this to trigger? Does it have to be done over comms, like a request to surrender?

DanKara
x4

Re: Achievement - A Pirate's Life For Me - Help Requested.

Post by DanKara » Mon, 1. Aug 22, 05:38

... from this STEAM-Guide:
"A Pirate's Life for Me: Intimidate a pilot into dropping some of their cargo 5.0
Use the "drop your cargo" dialogue option after scanning a ship, if the ship complies (ships with crew with lower morale are more likely to comply) the achievement will unlock"

I unlocked this achievement in the first mission for ACE in the CUR-plot (where you relieve a HighTech-Trader of its cargo). If I remember it correctly, I had not fired one shot (but ACE did of course) and as soon as I asked for the cargo (coms-dialogue) the cargo and the achievement droped...

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 1. Aug 22, 07:07

Ill try that, thanks.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Wed, 8. Nov 23, 09:28

Landed here after searching how to get this achievement.
I did the pirate plot and did not get that achievement during the tutorial mission with Ace.
I then tried to "intimidate" traders by shooting them a bit before asking them to drop their cargo (nothing is that easy, right?).
They would usually not reply and I had some that would just eject their cargo when shot.

The only thing needed is to keep scanning and asking to drop cargo, no shooting.
Eventually, a scared pilot will eject its cargo after asking and will unlock the achievement.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”