Does the game make HOP ships post-unification?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

Does the game make HOP ships post-unification?

Post by LameFox » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 02:49

Recently I spotted a HOP Cthonios E gas miner in a custom start in which unification was selected from the beginning. I have always assumed before that they were something that escaped the conversion to TRI and simply hadn't died yet, but probably weren't being replaced. Now it seems this isn't the case, and while I have some mods installed, I don't think I can blame them for this—it's a short mod list and none which should be changing which ships spawn.

Is this normal? Is it intended, like some of the Paranid are just not feeling the whole unification thing?
***modified***

jlehtone
x4

Re: Does the game make HOP ships post-unification?

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 14:54

E? The E-series capitals did appear in 5.0, for both HOP and PAR. Before 5.0 we had only HOP S(entinels) and PAR V(anguards).

I have no idea what the plots did (pre-5.0) and do (now). I'm not sure either whether the pre-plot HOP and PAR build anything but E-series now.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 14:59

I remember prior to 5.0, in the single vanilla game that I united them, i saw plenty of HoP and PAR fleets rolling around. I don't remember them fighting. I had a shipyard in 2Grand, and there would be little fleets of HoP and PAR always cruising around, fighting yaki and zya.

I only ever united tri the one time. I prefer them not united.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 17:32

I've played the plot only once and only to the point where a choice has been made (and Dal Busta expects me to talk. No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!)

If I've gathered right, the unification removes HOP-PAR, PAR-HOP, HOP-ARG, and ARG-HOP War Guilds, but allows Paranid to go to war (without Guilds)? IMHO, a Guild is better than Union.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Wed, 3. Aug 22, 18:54

Both sides use E ships now, the weird thing is not the ship but the fact that they were unified already at game start and yet there was still a HOP ship at all. I was under the impression all of them should now be TRI.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”