"Dubious Dealings" — what am I meant to do here?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

"Dubious Dealings" — what am I meant to do here?

Post by LameFox » Sat, 10. Sep 22, 11:21

On a new game, I did the first Curs mission (delivered some contraband) then spoke to Maestro once which activated "Dubious Dealings". However at this point I set it inactive and went to set up some S sized traders and explore stations for them to trade at.

Some time later, the second part of the mission completed itself. The objective was, apparently, "fly to TEL Helium Refinery II". I guess that I or a trader passed by it at some point? The next stage is "Fly to TEL Graphene Refinery I". Doesn't say anything about what to do there, however, and flying into the area indicated does nothing.

The "reward" of this mission is allegedly a black market connection, so I figured I'd scan for missions, and maybe if I got one for a black market that would progress it. But this is a new game, and the first mission I found was Boso Ta wanting me to perform the PHQ summoning ritual. There was no other mission or leak of any kind on the station. I've left the whole system a few times and come back but none have appeared. I don't know how long it actually takes them to regenerate.

Does anyone know what this mission wants? I know I've done it before and never even had to give it much thought so I think it's meant to be easy but something has screwed up this time, possibly due to how I completed the first station flyby.
***modified***

LameFox
x4

Re: "Dubious Dealings" — what am I meant to do here?

Post by LameFox » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 06:40

Okay so apparently what's supposed to happen is:

-go to some station, scan leak, make black market contact.
-buy Woodworm Security Protocol
-return to the Curs' ship

Something has gone wrong with mine I guess that has caused it to send me to a second station. Maybe the first one actually died? I've tried making a new black market contact nearby but they didn't sell the special item, so at this point I think either the new station needs to have one show up (still nothing so far) or it needs to mysteriously and unexpectedly explode so that I get directed to yet another station.
***modified***

LameFox
x4

Re: "Dubious Dealings" — what am I meant to do here?

Post by LameFox » Tue, 27. Sep 22, 06:48

After waiting a while, the new station has also disappeared. I am guessing that it was not in fact destroyed but recycled as non-profitable because it was a Helium refinery in a place with no Helium (that is to say, the sector has it, it was just mined out). Will see if I can locate the new one and maybe the mission will complete.

edit: nvm I was looking at the wrong objective. This one was graphene, and the sector did have Methane. However, the station is gone. My satellite next to it remains. Guess I'll see how far it went. :gruebel:

edit2: it has not given me any new objective yet. I hope that means I'm looking for another "TEL Graphene Refinery I" and not that the mission now cannot be completed ever.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”