Don't take a Shih for the Yaki plot

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RubyRezal
x4

Don't take a Shih for the Yaki plot

Post by RubyRezal » Fri, 16. Sep 22, 20:31

Long story short, I discovered even though the Shih is an S class ship its wingspan is too large to fit through the escape tunnel of the Abandoned Asteroid Base.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Don't take a Shih for the Yaki plot

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 00:04

You can rely on the co-pilot to fly it out in low attention.

How? who knows... But they manage it!

It is also possible to do that mission in a space suit. The laser towers will not even activate if you are in a space suit. This lets you progress it without having to leave any ship inside.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 00:11

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 17. Sep 22, 00:04
You can rely on the co-pilot to fly it out in low attention.

How? who knows... But they manage it!

It is also possible to do that mission in a space suit. The laser towers will not even activate if you are in a space suit. This lets you progress it without having to leave any ship inside.
I think I have a good idea as to how: The Shih been a ship made of essentially scrap probably has a lot of wool in it. Therefore the pilot just washes it with very hot water, it shrinks et voila!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That said it's quite obvious (and not only from that thing alone) that inter DLC relevance has not been carefully considered in creating the DLC's. Probably from the abscense of Beta testing in them... Unfortunately there are only that many Alpha testers and, most obviously, that many devs...

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 05:16

I did that in a Moreya and still ended up clipping out of there. Ships start to behave very weirdly in small spaces and next thing you know it's uncontrollably rolled through a wall.
***modified***

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 14:03

TBH, I just leave any ship I'm in outside, get in and get out with the Moreya which I keep instead of giving it to Mission Command... Then I take the Syn (with the Moreya docked and put to internal storage) and deal with the Xenon Relay in a pinch. Then take the Moreya out and collect tthe goodies from the Yaki Station...

Mevelios

Post by Mevelios » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 21:31

Am I the only odd one who went in with a Katana to have all mines blow up at my face without a care in the world?
...Though I had to leave it up to the AI pilot to get the ship out of there after getting to the end of the base. :mrgreen:
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Younger

LughC

Post by LughC » Sat, 1. Oct 22, 09:04

I took the warning as a challenge and did the mission in a katana.

Turns out every wall in x4 is just a permeable membrane of you beat yourself against it hard enough lol.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 3. Oct 22, 18:36

LughC wrote:
Sat, 1. Oct 22, 09:04
Turns out every wall in x4 is just a permeable membrane of you beat yourself against it hard enough lol.
If you reduce frame rate enough, you can even phase through walls by going at high speed! There is also the "roll" method to phase through walls.

Although it would be nice if these could be fixed, they also come in quite useful if your ship does end up stuck for some reason.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”