[Guide] Avarice: Global Tide Warning System!

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xkuka
x4

[Guide] Avarice: Global Tide Warning System!

Post by Xkuka » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 02:33

Technically its not really a Spoiler, but its a huge help for lazy... errm busy CEOs who dont want to do the nitty gritty themselves. What do you have employees for? :roll:
Yesterday i finally had the time to finish the Avarice Plot. After i left Leap of Faith per teloport i had other things to attend to. Couple of hours later i thought "Dayum i have no clue when the Tide is coming. Do i really have to sit around in Avarice to hear the announcement? And this E V E R Y T I M E !!??

Of course i went to google looking for an answer, of course all i could find was the same question just in different colors.
Luckily my own level of lazyness and ingenuity is quite balanced, and sometimes impatience kicks in and triggers the better half.

Short answer:
Of course you dont need to sit in Avarice and wait for the announcement. And here is how:

First get a few normal satelites, how many only depends on how many warnings you want.

In my example i took 5. Place them in a straight line towards the gate in Avarive IV to the Windfall III gate. With a little bit space in between, No overlapping!
I have placed the last one directly at the gate in Windfall.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sqRF5E ... sp=sharing

Once thats done you take a ship and park it with the default order Fly and Wait at the end of your satelite row in Avarice, outside of the sat radius, of course.

The only point to consider, is the speed of the ship. If you are afraid you might miss a short burst of signals, take the slowest jalopy you can find. And think about, travel speed counts. You could even take an L class ship and damage the engine, just dont equip repair drones... if you really wanna use the 10 min or so between runaway trigger and the Tide. Spacing the sats is also possible but the map will then be permanently extended aswell, which isnt so nice.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I3WI2I ... sp=sharing

And lastly you create a new alert. You really only need following three steps. A fancy alert message, a fancy alert sound and the ship id. Thats it, really.
Finally this ID filter has some use... :gruebel:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FY8CC9 ... sp=sharing

What happens is simple, once the anouncement for the Tide comes, which you dont need to attend to anymore, the AI is triggered to flee the sector Or dock at a station. The prepared ship will start moving and triggers the alerts. Simple! Also you are not required to place your system like me at the gate to Windfall, you can do this in Dead End towards a station if you want.

Happy looting!
Cheers 8)
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Rei Ayanami
x4

Re: [Guide] Avarice: Global Tide Warning System!

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 04:02

Curious, why does this work?
Usually alerts get triggered when something comes into view of your visible map area.
Your own ships however are always visible so there never is any "i didn't see it before, but now i see it" moment.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 17. Sep 22, 18:33

We already had a similar idea back in April: viewtopic.php?f=182&t=446811 and yes, most of the time it really works.

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Sun, 18. Sep 22, 01:25

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Sat, 17. Sep 22, 04:02
Curious, why does this work?
Usually alerts get triggered when something comes into view of your visible map area.
Your own ships however are always visible so there never is any "i didn't see it before, but now i see it" moment.
Because the trigger is set to the view of objects and not general visibility. I dont know this but my assumption is that way filters need less processing. If filters, for ships in specific sectors as example would work on global visibility and not object based, any filter would always have to check all objects and then for their location So a filter only looks in the range of the objects that are in the sector you are looking for.
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Sun, 18. Sep 22, 01:31

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Sat, 17. Sep 22, 18:33
We already had a similar idea back in April: viewtopic.php?f=182&t=446811 and yes, most of the time it really works.
Yes, i have read this topic before, but honestly i overlooked that one comment that basically asked if it would work with an alert.
So i guess it not bad if the answer is a little bit more visible?
***Never not modified***

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sun, 18. Sep 22, 09:02

Xkuka wrote:
Sun, 18. Sep 22, 01:31
TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Sat, 17. Sep 22, 18:33
Yes, i have read this topic before, but honestly i overlooked that one comment that basically asked if it would work with an alert.
So i guess it not bad if the answer is a little bit more visible?
Yes, your guide is well written and deserves its own topic.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 6. Oct 22, 19:24

Xkuka wrote:
Sat, 17. Sep 22, 02:33
Technically its not really a Spoiler, but its a huge help for lazy... errm busy CEOs who dont want to do the nitty gritty themselves. What do you have employees for? :roll:
Yesterday i finally had the time to finish the Avarice Plot. After i left Leap of Faith per teloport i had other things to attend to. Couple of hours later i thought "Dayum i have no clue when the Tide is coming. Do i really have to sit around in Avarice to hear the announcement? And this E V E R Y T I M E !!??

Of course i went to google looking for an answer, of course all i could find was the same question just in different colors.
Luckily my own level of lazyness and ingenuity is quite balanced, and sometimes impatience kicks in and triggers the better half.

Short answer:
Of course you dont need to sit in Avarice and wait for the announcement. And here is how:

First get a few normal satelites, how many only depends on how many warnings you want.

In my example i took 5. Place them in a straight line towards the gate in Avarive IV to the Windfall III gate. With a little bit space in between, No overlapping!
I have placed the last one directly at the gate in Windfall.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sqRF5E ... sp=sharing

Once thats done you take a ship and park it with the default order Fly and Wait at the end of your satelite row in Avarice, outside of the sat radius, of course.

The only point to consider, is the speed of the ship. If you are afraid you might miss a short burst of signals, take the slowest jalopy you can find. And think about, travel speed counts. You could even take an L class ship and damage the engine, just dont equip repair drones... if you really wanna use the 10 min or so between runaway trigger and the Tide. Spacing the sats is also possible but the map will then be permanently extended aswell, which isnt so nice.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I3WI2I ... sp=sharing

And lastly you create a new alert. You really only need following three steps. A fancy alert message, a fancy alert sound and the ship id. Thats it, really.
Finally this ID filter has some use... :gruebel:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FY8CC9 ... sp=sharing

What happens is simple, once the anouncement for the Tide comes, which you dont need to attend to anymore, the AI is triggered to flee the sector Or dock at a station. The prepared ship will start moving and triggers the alerts. Simple! Also you are not required to place your system like me at the gate to Windfall, you can do this in Dead End towards a station if you want.

Happy looting!
Cheers 8)

Does it anyway, don't think you need to leave satellites down, although sometimes ships don't follow orders all the time and the Tide gets them.
But I never had a satellite network in Avarice and they were all still fleeing to the nearest station when a Tide was on it's way.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 09:12

spankahontis wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 19:24

Does it anyway, don't think you need to leave satellites down, although sometimes ships don't follow orders all the time and the Tide gets them.
I am a little slow here, what do you mean? The sats purpose is to trigger the alert, nothing else.
spankahontis wrote:
Thu, 6. Oct 22, 19:24
But I never had a satellite network in Avarice and they were all still fleeing to the nearest station when a Tide was on it's way.
Perhaps a misunderstanding? The sats do not influence ship behavior. The only purpose of this "build" is to have a reliable alert/notification for tides when the player is not in the system.

cheers
***Never not modified***

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 09:42

My system is simple:

1. Place sats to the Windfall III -> Avarice gates
2. Look on the map if there is a lot of traffic out of the system, or ships parked in Windfall on the gate to Avarice.
3. Do not enter Avarice if you can answer 2. with YES :eg:

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sun, 12. Mar 23, 12:57

EGO_Aut wrote:
Sun, 12. Mar 23, 09:42
My system is simple:

2. Look on the map if there is a lot of traffic out of the system, or ships parked in Windfall on the gate to Avarice.
But alerts are superior: you also get a log entry that let's you estimate how much time is left before the next tide hits.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Mon, 13. Mar 23, 09:16

Thanks. First time setting up alerts after thousand hours in game because i lost precious frigates as they are bugged and didn't flee if they have other orders (especially explore since i am still hunting the last erlking datavault).

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 13:10

Would be nice if they could simply add a timer telling the time of the next tide in the encyclopedia entry for the Avarice sectors.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 20. Jun 23, 01:52

EGO_Aut wrote:
Sun, 12. Mar 23, 09:42
My system is simple:

This works for me!!!! Thanks!!!!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”