no wrecks in old save ? - Resolved in filter settings.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hawkseyez
x4

no wrecks in old save ? - Resolved in filter settings.

Post by Hawkseyez » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 09:35

Hi guys. so for shits and giggles i loaded up a super old save. my first actually. i hadn't even done Terran missions let alone Tides missions. none of those areas are even shown on the maps. have only fleets of Collossus's and Behemoths. so took a while to notice but after battles im getting zero wrecks. pretty sure new saves start having them all over including the rando salvage. will it fix it when go into Tides areas or just some saves aren't totally compatible ? everything else seems fine. prolly could keep playing it? it's vanilla no mods. thoughts? cheers.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: no wrecks in old save ?

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 12:17

Old saves should be producing wrecks when ships are destroyed, even without DLCs.

I suggest following and destroying a newly built ship to test if it leaves a wreck. Older entities might not migrate perfectly to new patch logic, for example PAR and HOP will continue to operate large fleets of Odysseus Vanguard and Sentinel ships even though all replacements will be Odysseus E.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 12:52

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 1. Dec 22, 12:17
Old saves should be producing wrecks when ships are destroyed, even without DLCs.

I suggest following and destroying a newly built ship to test if it leaves a wreck. Older entities might not migrate perfectly to new patch logic, for example PAR and HOP will continue to operate large fleets of Odysseus Vanguard and Sentinel ships even though all replacements will be Odysseus E.
ty for response. they leave wrecks, ill change that but are not any shown with icons on my screen like new games have, no cubes shown on the map either. also no wrecks hang around long as will teleport in to collect drops but don't see any small ships in abundance. will reiterate i have none of the Tide sectors on the map shown. do i need to enter those sectors to say unlock showing scrap? thx

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 19:34

You may have one of the resource filters turned off. Review your map filters (top right of map window).

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 00:45

Imperial Good wrote:
Thu, 1. Dec 22, 19:34
You may have one of the resource filters turned off. Review your map filters (top right of map window).
you know i have used the trade filter million times but never saw other filters. musta shut the one off, cause when put it on, was fine. unbelievable. sorry and thanks. cheers

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”