Empyrean Curs - Ending or Act 2?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Empyrean Curs - Ending or Act 2?

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Thu, 8. Dec 22, 10:40

When I left the Xenon sector Matrix #9 & entered the Teladi controlled sector Matrix #451, I had an odd encounter with a Ministry of Finance (rep 21 with them) Fleet patrolling the Matrix #9 gate.

They threw a voiceline at me that threw me off (Our scans show you are with the Empyrean Curs) & the fleet turned hostile. Initially tried fighting them, but lost some MIN rep when I blew up two fighters for 'unlawful killing'. Hence I ran off, didn't want to cause further conflict. Fleet turned blue after a while, but remained aggressive against me. My ships could approach them without harm, but moment I came close, the shooting started. So left them alone.

Screenshot of the initial encounter:
https://i.imgur.com/CY4C15G.jpg

No clue what it is, are MIN forces now hostile to you as player after you sided with the Curs, or is there more to it? Note; I finished (or I think I did) the Curs plot a few days before this encounter. Saved Maestro's brother & got everyone out alive. But maybe that wasn't the end?

Baddieus
x4

Re: Empyrean Curs - Ending or Act 2?

Post by Baddieus » Fri, 9. Dec 22, 03:34

There is a Ministry fleet as part of the Curs plot finale ... maybe they stayed on that plot programming but are also flying around on patrol.
Will be good to know if this is intended that you keep being hunted by those specific Ministry ships after the Curs plot ends.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Re: Empyrean Curs - Ending or Act 2?

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Fri, 9. Dec 22, 09:19

Baddieus wrote:
Fri, 9. Dec 22, 03:34
There is a Ministry fleet as part of the Curs plot finale ... maybe they stayed on that plot programming but are also flying around on patrol.
Will be good to know if this is intended that you keep being hunted by those specific Ministry ships after the Curs plot ends.
Had a second run in with them & seems to be that fleet. Reloaded an old save I made before the choice & the capital ship names match (Rolling Rock). Also seems you have it right, they were patrolling a sector when I flew by & turned red again & started chasing me once more(with voice chat about 'being part of the Curs' assigned to it).
Did some testing & they are only after you (they don't aggro on other ships you have or stations, only the ship you fly) & won't chase you to the end of the universe. Once far enough, they resume their previous duties. Still pretty neat tbh, gives some extra life to the universe.
Note, when they turn red near other assets of yours, your assets will definitly aggro on them, which can cause some serious rep loss /asset loss (depends on how much your aggroed asset can deal with a capital ship & accompanying fleet).

Found the homeship from the Curs again, but no new dialogue & they're still in Windfall, so seems this fleet hunting you is mainly flavour as consequence for not siding with the Ministry in the end.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”